Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    I guess you don't get tired of being wrong.
    The first few hockey programs that I have from the mid-60's for games vs. SLU call them the Larries. A few years later it changed to the Saints. Apparently "Larries" was unofficial like RPI being called the Bachelors at one time

yep wrong again

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

pre-season poll ecac women - RPI 7th
      https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...ens-league-pr/

Where do you all think the gents will be in the pre season poll?
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        pre-season poll ecac women - RPI 7th
        https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs...ens-league-pr/

Where do you all think the gents will be in the pre season poll?
        I think the poll has the women pretty well judged. They are pretty close to the two teams above them and could easily end up 5th.
        For the guys-I am thinking 5th with a distinct possibility of finishing as high as 3rd. An awful lot will just depend on how fast the young freshmen can adapt to the NCAA level game. For me the key is the defense. I am pretty sure we will do some scoring and have only the concern for how well we can keep the pressure off of York. If the defense can limit the opposition's chances and we can keep the goals against in the 2-3 level, this team can easily win 20+ games this year. Then again, this is about what i have thought last year also.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I think the poll has the women pretty well judged. They are pretty close to the two teams above them and could easily end up 5th.
          For the guys-I am thinking 5th with a distinct possibility of finishing as high as 3rd. An awful lot will just depend on how fast the young freshmen can adapt to the NCAA level game. For me the key is the defense. I am pretty sure we will do some scoring and have only the concern for how well we can keep the pressure off of York. If the defense can limit the opposition's chances and we can keep the goals against in the 2-3 level, this team can easily win 20+ games this year. Then again, this is about what i have thought last year also.
          I agree. With Jerry and BP we would have been 1 or 2. The D will be better this year from what I have seen so far. Yorkie is key to the whole thing.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
            The first few hockey programs that I have from the mid-60's for games vs. SLU call them the Larries. A few years later it changed to the Saints. Apparently "Larries" was unofficial like RPI being called the Bachelors at one time

yep wrong again
            Yes, wrong again. Try telling me something I don't already know, clown.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Yes, wrong again. Try telling me something I don't already know, clown.
              Oh getting a little testy are we. So cute

Comment

In honor of Alex Angers-Goulet and Jill Vandegrift, today is 17 September 2010. There are 18 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                  If we can do it without the sh-tty puns, that would be awesome.
                  I guess that thought went out the sh*tter...

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                    Oh getting a little testy are we. So cute
                    Testy? Boy, you're still wrong if you're confusing total amusement with testiness. Dance for me, clown, dance.

I'm flattered that you find me cute, but lame message board posters are not my type. Also, I'm not into dudes.

Comment

RHamilton (or someone else in RPI-TV), I'm not sure this has been asked, and I realize you will not be able to stream the games live outside of B2, but will your team still be hosting an archive of the game after it has completed? There will probably be some games that I may miss, and would still like to watch the game, even if it is after the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        RHamilton (or someone else in RPI-TV), I'm not sure this has been asked, and I realize you will not be able to stream the games live outside of B2, but will your team still be hosting an archive of the game after it has completed? There will probably be some games that I may miss, and would still like to watch the game, even if it is after the fact.
                        http://board.uscho.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=358
                        All games will still be available for on demand viewing from our website.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I wish I had your confidence in the offense. Pirri and D'Amigo did not just take their point totals with them, they also decreased the totals of their line mates. They made the players that they played with better.
                          As far as I can see, at this point the only player that the opposition has to concentrate on is Polacek. And that will put a lot of pressure on the second and third lines.
                          This season, will depend on how well we play defense. The offense will improve as the season goes on. But we will need to win games early with defense.
                          I see this year as a big question mark.
                          This is the year where coach Appert shows his ability. I have a lot of confidence in him and look for us to be somewhere between 4th and 7th in the final standings.
                          If he does better than that, we have a really great coach.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I wish I had your confidence in the offense. Pirri and D'Amigo did not just take their point totals with them, they also decreased the totals of their line mates. They made the players that they played with better.
                            As far as I can see, at this point the only player that the opposition has to concentrate on is Polacek. And that will put a lot of pressure on the second and third lines.
                            This season, will depend on how well we play defense. The offense will improve as the season goes on. But we will need to win games early with defense.
                            I see this year as a big question mark.
                            *****http://regretfulmorning.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wet02.gif******

Comment

*****http://regretfulmorning.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/wet02.gif******
                              I love the response, now dispute what I said.
                              I ahve already stated that your comments on the game of hockey are relevent, now say something.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I love the response, now dispute what I said.
                                I ahve already stated that your comments on the game of hockey are relevent, now say something.
                                I'm not playing this game. I have never wasted my time "disputing" the patently absurd, I'm not going to start with you.

If you want to be a bedwetter, I'm not going to be the one to stop you, just don't pitch a nutty when you get called out for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X