PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

GreatLakerMohawk
09-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I think a former NHLer will get the job. Former Flyer or Penguin to be precise.

Rick Tocchet? :eek:

GRussinko
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Last minute reminder for those of you jonesing for hockey - the puck drops in 15 minutes as the women take on Montreal in an exhibition game. I'll be tweeting live for WaP, and Tom will be doing color on WRPI as soon as the football game is over.

Ralph Baer
09-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Last minute reminder for those of you jonesing for hockey - the puck drops in 15 minutes as the women take on Montreal in an exhibition game. I'll be tweeting live for WaP, and Tom will be doing color on WRPI as soon as the football game is over.

The big question is whether Tom will stumble trying to say "Letuligasenoa". :D I doubt he will try to say "Logonaimanufaalava" more than once.

DrDemento
09-25-2010, 03:32 PM
For the football fans-WPI 24 RPI 10. The first victory for WPI in this series in 13 years. We are officially not very good. Normally coach King's forte is making halftime adjustments and we usually score plenty in the second half. We are not that kind of team this year. We will have a long season. If, as has been suggested, when our football team is poor , our hockey team is good-then we should be in the NCAA tournament for sure. BTW-as always a very good call of the game by Kurt Stutt kept it interesting.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Rick Tocchet? :eek:

Eddie Olcyzk.

AspyDad
09-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Eddie Olcyzk.

Mark Johnson, former Penguin, leader of Miracle on Ice team, Wisconsin Women's Coach.

GRussinko
09-25-2010, 08:12 PM
WaP has your latest look (http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/09/with-womens-exhibition-game-taking.html) inside HFH with a new set of photos showing the current state of construction inside the rink.

DrDemento
09-25-2010, 08:33 PM
WaP has your latest look (http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/09/with-womens-exhibition-game-taking.html) inside HFH with a new set of photos showing the current state of construction inside the rink.

Thanks for the pics-looking good!

troyboy
09-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I couldnt agree more. I'm kinda tired about the discussion of what we would have een or what we are not going to be because BP and JDA had the opportunity to move on. They moved and that is fantastic for them (thought BP played really well last night - the game was on the NHL network), and just shows the strength of what Seth and the rest of the organization can bring in. I am happy. I think we have a great team, and I think its only going to get better...so again, lets focus on the future rather than the past and what coulda beens. Jerry and Brandon Who ?

Ralph Baer
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
In honor of :D and Missy Mankey, today is 26 September 2010. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.

Ralph Baer
09-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the pics-looking good!

It doesn't look like it will be ready for the season. :eek:

rpi82
09-26-2010, 12:20 AM
It's hard to tell for sure, but it appears that they may have created a partially obstructed view for some of the seats in the top corner of sections 1 and 21. Does the new structure block the opposite corner on the west end? At least the net appears to be within line-of-sight.

Ralph Baer
09-26-2010, 02:10 AM
It's hard to tell for sure, but it appears that they may have created a partially obstructed view for some of the seats in the top corner of sections 1 and 21. Does the new structure block the opposite corner on the west end? At least the net appears to be within line-of-sight.

It looks that way to me too. (Actually section 1's seats were destructed, not obstructed. ;) )

DrDemento
09-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Jerry and Brandon Who ?

Exactly!;)

fishcore12
09-26-2010, 07:16 AM
From the pictures it looks like quite a few 12+ hour days will be in store for the construction crew.

FreddyFoyle
09-26-2010, 08:55 AM
The University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds won their own Fall Classic tournament on the weekend. In their first game they dominated the visiting Guelph Grypons of the OUA conference, outshooting them 40-15 and winning 4-2. The Gryphons had a game first period, but in the second and third periods only their goaltender, and good penalty kill, kept them from getting blown out. UNB hasn't played Guelph since they lost to them in the championship game for the 1997 University Cup, so some justice for fans with long memories ...

Yesterday was the championship game, with a bit of surprising score. UNB was up against rival Saint Mary's Huskies, the reigning CIS champions. Well, the V-Reds got off to a good start, converted some early bounces, and then basically steamrolled the Huskies who weren't getting great goaltending. UNB was missing Hunter Tremblay, the CIS Player of the Year, with a minor injury, and SMU was missing a couple of key players, but still ... What showed was UNB's superior early season conditioning. UNB outshot SMU 44-21 and the final score was 10-3. Not pretty.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-26-2010, 09:06 AM

Somehow, I'm having trouble mustering any sympathy for the visiting fans who'll be sitting there...:eek: :D

Ralph Baer
09-26-2010, 09:42 AM
The University of New Brunswick Varsity Reds won their own Fall Classic tournament on the weekend. In their first game they dominated the visiting Guelph Grypons of the OUA conference, outshooting them 40-15 and winning 4-2. The Gryphons had a game first period, but in the second and third periods only their goaltender, and good penalty kill, kept them from getting blown out. UNB hasn't played Guelph since they lost to them in the championship game for the 1997 University Cup, so some justice for fans with long memories ...

Yesterday was the championship game, with a bit of surprising score. UNB was up against rival Saint Mary's Huskies, the reigning CIS champions. Well, the V-Reds got off to a good start, converted some early bounces, and then basically steamrolled the Huskies who weren't getting great goaltending. UNB was missing Hunter Tremblay, the CIS Player of the Year, with a minor injury, and SMU was missing a couple of key players, but still ... What showed was UNB's superior early season conditioning. UNB outshot SMU 44-21 and the final score was 10-3. Not pretty.

Thanks for the reports.

jericho
09-26-2010, 10:02 AM
It looks that way to me too. (Actually section 1's seats were destructed, not obstructed. ;) )

You can't tell from the pictures (obviously) but the catwalk smelled like it had just been freshly painted, as there is no more dingyness up there. It's pure white, and it reflects the light much better now. Actually, with the smell of paint yesterday, you could have gotten high (yes, Ralph, I know the catwalk is already high) up there.

burgie12
09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
From the pictures it looks like quite a few 12+ hour days will be in store for the construction crew.
I hope so. I'm a little surprised that we're inviting in two AHL teams to play in our newly renovated barn, without the whole renovations thing.

Also (and this is just my opinion / presumption), if the "drop-dead date" is October 16th, that shows poorly on the project's planning, ignoring the exhibitions and women's regular season games that occur before the first men's home game.