Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    A bunch of nice looking respectable gentlemen. A bit surprised that 2 of the frehmen are Engineering Majors. But then again we always do seem to recruit true student-athletes.(unlike a few other schools)
    I haven't gone through the effort of counting how many members of every roster majored in management vs other majors, but it seems that the percentage of non-management majors has been increasing steadily over the last decade or two.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Any news about how the hockey line was this year?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        New mug shots, including the frosh, have been posted for both the men's and women's teams.
        Bit of constructive criticism for whoever took the men's photos (on the off chance that this gets read by that person)... tone the flash down a bit... seems like most of the players' faces are washed out.

Comment

Any news about how the hockey line was this year?
          What do you want to know?

Sheer Idiocy, the Rensselyrics, and the Pep Band all performed (very well, too). The freshmen men also sang the fight song (not as well).

There was an LED countdown clock (which was a nice new addition from two years ago).

Red Army bought over 60 tickets, completely selling out Section 33.

All of the coaches and players were in attendance (as far as I could tell), and I had good conversations with Coach Burke, Coach Appert, and JFK.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            What do you want to know?

Sheer Idiocy, the Rensselyrics, and the Pep Band all performed (very well, too). The freshmen men also sang the fight song (not as well).

There was an LED countdown clock (which was a nice new addition from two years ago).

Red Army bought over 60 tickets, completely selling out Section 33.

All of the coaches and players were in attendance (as far as I could tell), and I had good conversations with Coach Burke, Coach Appert, and JFK.
            My main question is whether there is apparently more interest in going to games than in last few years. It has seemed in reports that I have read in recent years that the hockey line was becoming an anachronism because tickets were always available, even good seats.

Did they sing the current version of the fight song or the old, non-PC, version?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Without a Peer's second podcast will broadcast live tomorrow, 9/17, at 7:30pm. Our scheduled guest is Ken Schott of the Schenectady Daily Gazette, who will appear at the top of the show.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/withoutapeer

Presently, our plans are to have a regular time for the podcast during the season, probably on Wednesday evenings. Hopefully, that'll start next week.
              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

My main question is whether there is apparently more interest in going to games than in last few years. It has seemed in reports that I have read in recent years that the hockey line was becoming an anachronism because tickets were always available, even good seats.

Did they sing the current version of the fight song or the old, non-PC, version?
                Interest was up from the past few years, but the line still wasn't around the side of the Union until after noon on Tuesday (which is surely quite different from the glory days).

As far as I can tell, the current version of the song was used.
                Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Is there any interest in a Pick to Click contest for RPI games like a few other schools fans have been doing (IIRC, UW and NMU)?

The basic idea is that you pick one RPI player and one opponent player for each game in a weekend and get points for goals and assists (more for a dman IIRC) and for wins and shutouts if you select a goalie. You can't pick either of the two highest scoring players on a team, and you also can't pick the same player both days in a weekend. Stats are cumulative over the year.

I am not really interested in running this, but if there is significant interest in participating but no one steps forward, I will do it.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is there any interest in a Pick to Click contest for RPI games like a few other schools fans have been doing (IIRC, UW and NMU)?
                    I would be interested in joining, and would also be a reserve standby for running it.
                    Last edited by burgie12; 09-16-2010, 10:44 AM.
                    Go Red!!

Comment

I'm interested as well.
                      Originally posted by moe24
                      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

If we can do it without the sh-tty puns, that would be awesome.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                          I think that could be arranged.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know what the video options are for watching the games this season?
                            I would love to be able to bypass the b2 network.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Here's our post about the upcoming podcast. Hope to see you tomorrow night!

http://www.withoutapeer.com/2010/09/...en-schott.html
                              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                                You mean like Dolan out punishment, Cullen the herd, or Bailen water?
                                Originally posted by moe24
                                Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X