Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I never want to see a stat sheet that even remotely looks like this again-
    http://www.collegehockeystats.net/08...s/mcorren1.m14
    A half a case of Riesling wasted. Now I have to go through the other half to get it out of my mind again...

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by babo View Post
      You prompted a memory that I should have shared from this summer but forgot (ugh...way too much info and not enough capacity!!!)...a gentleman came up to Rich while we were at the Chowder Cup to make note of a particularly large red creature (cretin?) on the ice who was wrecking havoc...The Hubster immediately recognized him as Paul Stewart.
      For clarification - are Rich and the Hubster two different people, or one and the same? And was Paul Stewart the gentleman who came up to Rich, or was he the particularly large red creature on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        For clarification - are Rich and the Hubster two different people, or one and the same? And was Paul Stewart the gentleman who came up to Rich, or was he the particularly large red creature on the ice?
        1. One and the same
        2. the gentleman
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          A half a case of Riesling wasted. Now I have to go through the other half to get it out of my mind again...
          I volunteer to help you!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Sorry to bring up such a bad memory-the entire call of the game was bad. How many times were we down 2 men? And the consecutive penalty calls in the third period? There was not enough vodka in the house that night for that game.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              ooops...I obviously mixed up my familial egos with my alter egos ( )...They are one in the same and the large creature on the ice is the result of when chromosomes collide (The B.R.O.)...

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Sorry to bring up such a bad memory-the entire call of the game was bad. How many times were we down 2 men? And the consecutive penalty calls in the third period? There was not enough vodka in the house that night for that game.
                You're lucky, you didn't have to drive home that night.

I'm glad game 3 didn't have any weird shenanigans, although the Lynah Faithful that were still around really liked one of the refs Sunday evening at the beginning.

Comment

Sorry if this was already posted. Nice story on former RPI star now in Toronto Camp. If you notice, the Record is not the only publication that needs more editors and fact checkers.
                  http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/L...821/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                    Sorry if this was already posted. Nice story on former RPI star now in Toronto Camp. If you notice, the Record is not the only publication that needs more editors and fact checkers.
                    http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/L...821/story.html
                    Hockey East's RoTY? He didn't even play against BU.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Hockey East's RoTY? He didn't even play against BU.
                      As long as the get the scores right, that's all the locals care about....
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Funny stuff, are you a journalist? Nope didnt think so. Maybe you should think about entering that line of work so you can produce award winning material. Be a real fact checker with your editor breathing down your back for a story by the deadline....oh hold on boss I need to check where the guy who scored for our hometown team played his junior and college hockey.
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

With regards to the poor officiating. I sure as heck hope that this years squad has more of a one for all and all for one mentality than what I saw last year.Skating over to the ref whining that something they didn`t call should have been called in some cases needs to be replaced by knocking the offending culprit on his butt and dealing with the consequences latter. With few exceptions and usually by the now former engineer BP it was late February before the team woke up in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Also that just goes to show the total lack of respect that Canadian media gives NCAA hockey.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

If you're in or near Troy, tomorrow evening is Hockey Line! Festivities begin early in the evening and include performances by the Pep Band, the Rensselyrics, and Sheer Idiocy. The entire Men's Hockey team will be out and about, and there will be raffles for signed jerseys. A giant LED display will count down the final hours, minutes, and seconds until 11:00 PM when season ticket sales are opened to students.

While the necessity of Hockey Line is questioned by many of today's students, we still try to respect the traditions of the 'tute.

Any of the Alums here have Hockey Line experiences to share?
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Any change it the staff causes some problems. It can't be helped. Seth saw something in Nolan. BTW, has anyone seen Nolan in Troy yet?
                                yup over a month ago. A friend of mine knows him from Nolan's playing days. He can't say enough good things about him. They spoke for a while. My friend's son is an excellent high school athlete (not hockey) but he said if Nolan recruited his kid............done deal

Does Old Time Hockey design any RPI stuff? You would think AO would have his team design something nice, outside the box nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X