Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...th-blackhawks/

The King of ECAC Media Ken Schott just posted this a few minutes ago.

Like RC has been saying SLEEPPPPPPP SLEEEPPPPP.
    He really had the team high for penalties?!

Comment

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331547
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I thought one of our Dmen had the team high but I guess I was wrong.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Pirri led the team with 28/67. Kerins was second with 22/66. Bergin and Erik were the only other players over 50 PIM with 15/52 and 20/51, respectively. Link
          Last edited by burgie12; 08-24-2010, 06:36 PM. Reason: comma
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

6 of his penalties occurred in the Brown playoff debacle
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              6 of his penalties occurred in the Brown playoff debacle
              Baker was being more of a tool than he usually is
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                It's really dependent on the situation when you first started to follow RPI hockey. There was a lot of bad feeling against Cornell when I was an undergrad because they "stole" Ned Harkness.

OTOH, Union didn't have a hockey team. They were the folks who came to watch the RPI-Union football game when few RPI students cared about football. The Union fans got all excited when they beat RPI even though everyone beat RPI in football.

Clarkson and to a lesser extent SLU have been our hockey rivals since the Harkness days.

I add that Union fans (like the blogger that RC pointed out) have gotten me to at least dislike Union.
                I come from that era as you know. I dislike anyone we play agianst but I reserve the real animosity for Clarkson, SLU and Cornell. I also have an added amount of venom for the Hockey East teams that left the ECAC years ago with a particular dislike for BU.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Most hated: Cornell, Union, Harvard
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Jerry and BP gone. I would like to see their signing bonus and contracts. People were throwing around 250,000 for Jerry.
                    I don’t get it. The NHL will still be there in a few years but the free Rensselaer education won’t be.
                    I’ll bet that 250 will be gone too
                    Seth mentioned a family advisor for BP in todays Record article. Is that the same “family advisor” Mike Tyson and Tawana Brawley used?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                      Jerry and BP gone. I would like to see their signing bonus and contracts. People were throwing around 250,000 for Jerry.
                      I don’t get it. The NHL will still be there in a few years but the free Rensselaer education won’t be.
                      I’ll bet that 250 will be gone too
                      Seth mentioned a family advisor for BP in todays Record article. Is that the same “family advisor” Mike Tyson and Tawana Brawley used?
                      I am not a talented hockey player like JD'A or BP-but I know I would not give up a free education to turn pro unless I was offered a bundle of money. It would have to be a 7 figure guarantee total at least. $250,000 nowadays is a pittance if you have to live on it for any length of time. I am sure they must have offered much more than that for them to make the decision.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

GLM will hopefully correct me, but I seem to recall that the signing bonuses are limited to a percentage of the overall contract...the figures I heard for Jerry was 900k if he makes the Leafs and 70k give or take for playing for the Marlies...plus 250+k signing bonus. Total value somewhere near 1.2mil. ish.
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-24-2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I am not a talented hockey player like JD'A or BP-but I know I would not give up a free education to turn pro unless I was offered a bundle of money. It would have to be a 7 figure guarantee total at least. $250,000 nowadays is a pittance if you have to live on it for any length of time. I am sure they must have offered much more than that for them to make the decision.
                          Assuming D'Amigo and Pirri both signed the max entry-level contract (which it sure sounds like), they both are under contract for three years, get signing bonuses of $270k, and yearly contracts of 900k if they play for their NHL teams, vs. 67.5k if they play in the AHL. GLM, please correct me if I'm wrong. Cap Geek source for JDA
                          Last edited by burgie12; 08-24-2010, 07:05 PM. Reason: Added capgeek
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                            Yeah, well... if Jerry plays the way he probably will, I'm sure he won't exactly be broken up that it won't be free to finish his degree if he chooses to do so.

I'm sorry, you wouldn't have dropped out of school if someone offered you $250,000 right then and there to do something YOU were good at? If you say no, you're a liar.
                            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I think I might be in the minority here that I don't actually dislike Cornell all that much.
                              Communist.

Please, tell me your feelings on the teachings of Juche.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I wouldn't want to think that they could be that crazy
                                I didn't hear contract just signing bonus(only rumor) but still if they get hurt on the way to the NHL they will have no plan B.
                                At least staying at RPI they have something VERY nice to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                                X