Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Something you all don't know about troyboy is that he often email's Hagwell about the "nature" of the refereeing in the ECAC. I believe tb we should do a preemptive missive to the league office about the bias of Baker. At least he won't be calling embellishment on Jerry this year.
    Hagwell is a b o o b whose apparent job security baffles me...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      Im sure the lovely supervisor of officials will have a sit down with the men in stripes before the season starts and tell them they need to crack down on the latest rules, which in turn will mean crack down on anything to keep the game flowing at a good pace...ugh. And then Not so fat anymore Mike will cry about something and bam everything under the sun will be called.
      At this point, it'll be progress if they can manage a clean faceoff -- something they were incapable of last year.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Doc: If I didn't know better, I'd say you were longing for Harry Ammian to unretire...
        Harry was only bad about half the time. The other two I mentioned were just beyond all hope. I really do hope that this year we can get games called better than the past few years. I have always been of the opinion that many calls are made by reputation-so we have to start the year off well before the officials think poorly of us. The less i see of Kotyra the better.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Harry was only bad about half the time. The other two I mentioned were just beyond all hope. I really do hope that this year we can get games called better than the past few years. I have always been of the opinion that many calls are made by reputation-so we have to start the year off well before the officials think poorly of us. The less i see of Kotyra the better.
          There were crappy refs when I was at RPI. There are crappy refs now. There will always be crappy Refs. I think that we are stuck with that.

What percentage of the posts by fans of any team have said "that was a well reffed game?" I think that it is less than 1%.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            There were crappy refs when I was at RPI. There are crappy refs now. There will always be crappy Refs. I think that we are stuck with that.

What percentage of the posts by fans of any team have said "that was a well reffed game?" I think that it is less than 1%.
            Agree-but there are some that stand out by how crappy they are.

Comment

Do we need our buddies from Michigan Tech to tell us about heaven and refs?

It'd be funnier if they all put "Keller" on the back of their jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Why should we be satisfied with sub par officiating? Teams and players work hard and when the refs interject themselves into outcomes this is when I take issue. This happens way too often in ECAC. Status quo sucks. Drop the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Why should we be satisfied with sub par officiating? Teams and players work hard and when the refs interject themselves into outcomes this is when I take issue. This happens way too often in ECAC. Status quo sucks. Drop the puck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  It has been said that officiating is the only profession in which you are expected to be perfect the first day on the job and then improve each day thereafter.

I live near Hershey and I go to a good number of AHL games. Without fail, whenever the referee is announced at the start of the game, the fans around me will say something like "Oh, no! Not him! He's terrible!"

I used to live in Philadelphia and I went to a number of NHL games. You know what I used to hear whenever the referee was announced at the start of the game? See the preceding paragraph.

The current ECAC referees may not live up to the ideal standard of perfection, but I sure don't know where to find any referees that do.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    It has been said that officiating is the only profession in which you are expected to be perfect the first day on the job and then improve each day thereafter.

I live near Hershey and I go to a good number of AHL games. Without fail, whenever the referee is announced at the start of the game, the fans around me will say something like "Oh, no! Not him! He's terrible!"

I used to live in Philadelphia and I went to a number of NHL games. You know what I used to hear whenever the referee was announced at the start of the game? See the preceding paragraph.

The current ECAC referees may not live up to the ideal standard of perfection, but I sure don't know where to find any referees that do.
                    I can only speak for myself but I've been to well officiated games and have no bias against on ice officials just for what they represent.Even in well officiated games there are missed calls(what we all should realize is this is a different game @ ice level than it is 10 rows up).Where I have an issue is when a official injects himself into a game and actually affects the outcome of the game.This happens on a nightly basis in the ECACHL.I actually saw a referee not mentioning any names(Feola) actually call a penalty when he had his back turned to the play...he heard the noise turned around and saw a player laying on the ice and called a penalty for boarding in the last minutes of the game when the team had there goalie pulled and were applying heavy pressure negating the man advantage and effectivly ending the game....THATS WRONG ! I know this is crazy to say but IMO ECACHL officials have a fundamental mis understanding of how a game should be conducted....that comes from the top and thats scary....So There
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think you may be onto their secret TroyBoy; watch the game by the reflection from the glass...BRILLIANT!
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

In honor of C. J. Lee, today is 13 September 2010. There are 22 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I think you may be onto their secret TroyBoy; watch the game by the reflection from the glass...BRILLIANT!
                          Glass reflection is pretty much the same as "bending over and looking out their good eye". So, they're doing what we yell for them to do.

Some of the refs in the ECAC aren't too bad. And when I say some, it means I can count them with one hand. But it's something I've grown apathetic to, seeing as how I grew up watching hometown refs in every sport. It could always be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            Even in well officiated games there are missed calls(what we all should realize is this is a different game @ ice level than it is 10 rows up).
                            I wonder if that's why they tried in the NHL Experimental Rules camp (which Koudys attended) having the ref on a soap box watching the game from above.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Glass reflection is pretty much the same as "bending over and looking out their good eye". So, they're doing what we yell for them to do.

Some of the refs in the ECAC aren't too bad. And when I say some, it means I can count them with one hand. But it's something I've grown apathetic to, seeing as how I grew up watching hometown refs in every sport. It could always be worse.
                              I just hope that most games are called in such a way that we don't even notice who the ref is. The best games are when the officials are just not the center of the action. Making calls is one thing, making spurious calls that affect the outcome of a game is quite another. Late calls can do it, putting a team down 2 men for 2 full minutes can do it, making calls against a particular player(JD'A and BP last year) can do it. What was done 2 years ago at Cornell in game 2 of the playoffs by Kotyra and Murphy was just plain inexcusable. It was IMO a concerted effort to insure how the game would progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I just hope that most games are called in such a way that we don't even notice who the ref is. The best games are when the officials are just not the center of the action. Making calls is one thing, making spurious calls that affect the outcome of a game is quite another. Late calls can do it, putting a team down 2 men for 2 full minutes can do it, making calls against a particular player(JD'A and BP last year) can do it. What was done 2 years ago at Cornell in game 2 of the playoffs by Kotyra and Murphy was just plain inexcusable. It was IMO a concerted effort to insure how the game would progress.
                                We all know that mistakes are mad at ALL level of officiating (God knows, you couldn't pay me enough to be a ref at youth OR H.S. events...). What I constantly wonder (and I'd like anyone to insert what they know here): do they not watch game film as part of their 'professional development'? Shouldn't there be some accountability for a pattern of behavior (or lack thereof)? They have access to a myriad of resources. Or have they just resorted to, "He can skate, so give him a whistle and let's sit back and watch what happens..."

Comment

Working...
                                X