Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    RPI has outscored UAlbany so far this season 6-3 They say defense wins games but boy thats taking it a little too seriously. Would like to see a few touchdowns put up on the board by the hockey team this season.
    I think how much scoring we do may well depend on what sort of power play units we can put together. This may just be another one of those years where the ECAC officials try to control the tone of the games by calling everything that even smells like interference. Special teams may make the difference more often than not.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Tape delay of D'Amigo and the Leafs vs Hawks rookie game available now on mapleleafs.com
      Pirri vs D'Amigo!!!
      Last edited by vizoroo; 09-11-2010, 07:15 PM.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

In honor of Brock Higgs and Nona Letuligasenoa, today is 12 September 2010. There are 23 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.

Yes, I know that her given name is Logonaimanufaalava, but Nona is what is on the roster.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Yes, I know that her given name is Logonaimanufaalava, but Nona is what is on the roster.
          Those slackers.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I think how much scoring we do may well depend on what sort of power play units we can put together. This may just be another one of those years where the ECAC officials try to control the tone of the games by calling everything that even smells like interference. Special teams may make the difference more often than not.
          Or sounds like it. Any loud "disturbance of the peace" causes the hand to go up with them. I just hope we can discipline our aggressive game and stay out of the box. If anything, that's what killed us last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Or sounds like it. Any loud "disturbance of the peace" causes the hand to go up with them. I just hope we can discipline our aggressive game and stay out of the box. If anything, that's what killed us last year.
            One thing we certainly have to address-we have to limit any 5 on 3 opportunities. Last year it seemed that those situations were a sure goal against.

Comment

Im sure the lovely supervisor of officials will have a sit down with the men in stripes before the season starts and tell them they need to crack down on the latest rules, which in turn will mean crack down on anything to keep the game flowing at a good pace...ugh. And then Not so fat anymore Mike will cry about something and bam everything under the sun will be called.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                Im sure the lovely supervisor of officials will have a sit down with the men in stripes before the season starts and tell them they need to crack down on the latest rules, which in turn will mean crack down on anything to keep the game flowing at a good pace...ugh. And then Not so fat anymore Mike will cry about something and bam everything under the sun will be called.
                There are a lot of unknowns this season for RPI and for that fact a lot of other teams in the ECACHL,but one thing I can assure everyone is that the officiating will be sub-par.We have the same officials supervised by the same person whom answers to the same commisioner.What could possibly change ?
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  There are a lot of unknowns this season for RPI and for that fact a lot of other teams in the ECACHL,but one thing I can assure everyone is that the officiating will be sub-par.We have the same officials supervised by the same person whom answers to the same commisioner.What could possibly change ?
                  You are so right. The only thing that you can count on about the ECAC officials is that they will find ways to be consistantly inconsistant.

Comment

You are so right. The only thing that you can count on about the ECAC officials is that they will find ways to be consistantly inconsistant.
                    Not all of them. When our team is concerned, Baker is consistent.

Comment

I blame Baker as a contributing factor in losing Pirri.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                        As always, troyboy is spot on. I knew we were screwed in the Brown series when Baker and Feola skated on the ice. They let Brown mug us.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

If I can survive Mike Noeth and Pierre Belanger, I can just about live through anything. Compared to most of the refs we have now they were unmitigated disasters. Although I must admit the Kotyra/Murphy combination we face at Cornell 2 years ago would give them a tough run as worst of all time.

Comment

Something you all don't know about troyboy is that he often email's Hagwell about the "nature" of the refereeing in the ECAC. I believe tb we should do a preemptive missive to the league office about the bias of Baker. At least he won't be calling embellishment on Jerry this year.

Comment

If I can survive Mike Noeth and Pierre Belanger, I can just about live through anything. Compared to most of the refs we have now they were unmitigated disasters. Although I must admit the Kotyra/Murphy combination we face at Cornell 2 years ago would give them a tough run as worst of all time.
                              Doc: If I didn't know better, I'd say you were longing for Harry Ammian to unretire...
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Totally agree...the dizzying lack of consistency from period to period and game to game is truly sad.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X