Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Take it to the alumni thread RVD...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Today is 10 September 2010. There are 25 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
        I believe that there are times when Destiny holds a place card...in 2008 we went on unofficial visits to a few schools and the B.R.O. was asked by one of the head coaches what he wanted. The B.R.O. told him he didn't want to join one of the typical winners (big time names redacted)...he wanted to be the guy who builds a dynasty. We all sat and looked at each other...uh buh?

...but now I see what is forming in Troy...I see a young coach who is forming a squad that will command respect. The school is on a parallel trajectory...being called "The New Ivy"...I believe that within 3 years there will be lots more to discuss on this thread...and the cozy little group into which you've welcomed me will be under assault from those who wish to hop on the Engineers' train...you really have no idea how much I look forward to being a microcosmic part of the 47 years you own to which I will never hold a candle...Cheers my Friend...we WILL toast heartily and often!
        Lovely post-As you know I have been following this team for ages. I have exalted in their successes and have gone into despair with their failures. I can honestly say though that the feeling developing is similar to how I felt in the early 80's as I watched something start that just took off and we became the true Beasts of the East. You are entirely correct-there will be lots of people hopping on the train as there were in the mid 80's. It will again become fashionable to Root for the 'Tute!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I had a chance to listen to the podcast last night, and I found it to be very enjoyable. I'm glad that you had covered the other leagues, as it gives me a better understanding of what happens elsewhere. Some of my discussion points are better suited for another thread, so I will leave them there. Mostly wanted to give my regards for the podcast, and look forward to hearing a lot more.

One thing I noticed with the podcast is Joe's voice seemed a lot clearer than Tom's when it comes to sound quality. I realize there's not much you can do with sound quality given the system and you had done it for free, but it's one thing I would look into when you start dishing out the dough.

Any other "concerns" I have regarding the podcast I won't bring up at this time, because it takes a few episodes to improve upon them, therefore it would be very unfair to give criticism now.

Comment

watched (and learned) them put the ice down at the Bethlehem "Y" last night. One of the fellas in charge is also in charge of the ice at HFH. He told me they started putting the ice down Wed. night & it should be in use by this coming Wed. I would assume that means starting next week sometime they will no longer be at "the Knick". Practice schedule is; tonight 4:30-5:50pm...Sat.7:30-8:50 am...Mon 4:30-5:50pm...Tues 9:30-10:50pm...at the Knick
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              watched (and learned) them put the ice down at the Bethlehem "Y" last night. One of the fellas in charge is also in charge of the ice at HFH. He told me they started putting the ice down Wed. night & it should be in use by this coming Wed. I would assume that means starting next week sometime they will no longer be at "the Knick". Practice schedule is; tonight 4:30-5:50pm...Sat.7:30-8:50 am...Mon 4:30-5:50pm...Tues 9:30-10:50pm...at the Knick
              Great report Turk. Does anyone eyeball you as you enter practice , or are regular peeps free to watch? I believe the man you spoke with is Brian Darby, he's HFH's rink manager.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-10-2010, 01:45 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I had a chance to listen to the podcast last night, and I found it to be very enjoyable. I'm glad that you had covered the other leagues, as it gives me a better understanding of what happens elsewhere. Some of my discussion points are better suited for another thread, so I will leave them there. Mostly wanted to give my regards for the podcast, and look forward to hearing a lot more.

One thing I noticed with the podcast is Joe's voice seemed a lot clearer than Tom's when it comes to sound quality. I realize there's not much you can do with sound quality given the system and you had done it for free, but it's one thing I would look into when you start dishing out the dough.

Any other "concerns" I have regarding the podcast I won't bring up at this time, because it takes a few episodes to improve upon them, therefore it would be very unfair to give criticism now.
                It sounded like Tom's voice was clipped a bit. Perhaps he was too near his mike.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Great report Turk. Do they eyeball you as you enter, or are peeps free to watch? I believe the man you spoke with is Brian Darby, HFH's rink manager.
                  no eyeballing...peeps are free to watch...I didn't catch his name but I was told that he was the HFH rink mgr
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536934...&navid=DL|TOR|home&navid=DL|TOR|home...debut for J'DA & E.B. for Toronto

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      and BP will be playing for Chicago in the same tourney http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64246. As has been posted before, let's move this discussion to the RPI Alumni thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=59976.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Josh Rabbani and and Sydney O'Keefe, today is 11 September 2010. There are 24 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For the RPI football fans-today RPI defeated Endicott 6-3 in their opening game. If this is any indication, it will be a very long season as we have always beaten Endicott much more easily. We had been 6-0 against them and normally our offense has piled up a large margin of victory. RPI is a very young team this year, especially on defense returning only 3 starters.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            For the RPI football fans-today RPI defeated Endicott 6-3 in their opening game. If this is any indication, it will be a very long season as we have always beaten Endicott much more easily. We had been 6-0 against them and normally our offense has piled up a large margin of victory. RPI is a very young team this year, especially on defense returning only 3 starters.
                            RPI has outscored UAlbany so far this season 6-3 They say defense wins games but boy thats taking it a little too seriously. Would like to see a few touchdowns put up on the board by the hockey team this season.
                            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                              RPI has outscored UAlbany so far this season 6-3 They say defense wins games but boy thats taking it a little too seriously. Would like to see a few touchdowns put up on the board by the hockey team this season.
                              As much as I wish great success for our sports teams, I certainly wouldn't mind to see a few games where the hockey team scores more than the football team. Even if it's 20 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                As much as I wish great success for our sports teams, I certainly wouldn't mind to see a few games where the hockey team scores more than the football team. Even if it's 20 goals.
                                There have been times in the past when the hockey team has barely won more games than the football team. This year will not be one of those. I do not think it unreasonable to think that men's hockey should win 20+ games this year. The football team will have to do a lot of work to win even half their games. Today they really were not an offensive machine and they blocked 2 Endicott field goals early in the game or else the result would have been a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X