Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Just so the folks here know (when we are thinking of a donation) what kind of dough does it take to get good sound?
    I'm sure after we've all given what we think would work we'll hear whether it was enough (or too much...and receive rebates ...which won't apply to me 'cause I was the opening low bid... )

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

The host school is in no matter what? Even if they're 2-28? Wow...
      In theory ... yes. But if the potential host doesn't have a decent historical record they are not going to win the bid.

Normally.

But about ten years ago the three schools in the Kitchener-Waterloo area co-hosted (and co-bid) and all three were under .500 teams. For their two years of hosting they had a mini-playoff to decide which of the three teams would get the host slot. Still, they were an easy W for their opponents during the University Cup.

Going forward I don't think we'll ever see that again.
      "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

Just so the folks here know (when we are thinking of a donation) what kind of dough does it take to get good sound?
        All told, we're looking at about $50-$65 a month or so to make all of our new widgets run as smoothly as we'd like it to across the board. The majority of that is definitely in the podcast, which is our priority so it gets the first attention.

We're kicking in too, so hopefully it'll be a good social cause.
        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          I'm sure after we've all given what we think would work we'll hear whether it was enough (or too much...and receive rebates ...which won't apply to me 'cause I was the opening low bid... )
          Excellent, we've marked you down for $50.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Excellent, we've marked you down for $50.
            Do not take advantage of my eternal Catholic guilt...

Comment

Do not take advantage of my eternal Catholic guilt...
              How does that compare to classical Jewish guilt? I think I majored in that at one time in college.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                How does that compare to classical Jewish guilt? I think I majored in that at one time in college.
                Both give you the same result, so I guess they compare favorably...

Comment

Both give you the same result, so I guess they compare favorably...
                  It is definitely going to be fun having you guys around her for the next 5 years.

Comment

It is definitely going to be fun having you guys around her for the next 5 years.
                    So, what the HELL, Doc, let's at least spend the next 5 years guilt free, shall we?

Comment

So, what the HELL, Doc, let's at least spend the next 5 years guilt free, shall we?
                      I was fortunate-hooked up with Jenny 35 years ago-forgot all about guilt. We are truly looking forward to the next few years-I suspect we are at the beginning of an era at RPI. I have not been this optimistic in a long time.
                      Last edited by DrDemento; 09-09-2010, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                        I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.
                        Tom, Congrats on the exciting things going on at WaP. Honestly, you and Gary do an awesome job. We're lucky to have you. Thanks for everything. Just a quick question - Will there be a Ralph Baer interview? You can count on me for some dough.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                          Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.
                          Awesome! Looking forward to the podcasts and live chats!
                          RPI Class of 2012
                          Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Tom, Congrats on the exciting things going on at WaP. Honestly, you and Gary do an awesome job. We're lucky to have you. Thanks for everything. Just a quick question - Will there be a Ralph Baer interview? You can count on me for some dough.
                            Ditto...count me in Also !!!
                            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We are truly looking forward to the next few years-I suspect we are at the beginning of an era at RPI. I have not been this optimistic in along time.
                              I believe that there are times when Destiny holds a place card...in 2008 we went on unofficial visits to a few schools and the B.R.O. was asked by one of the head coaches what he wanted. The B.R.O. told him he didn't want to join one of the typical winners (big time names redacted)...he wanted to be the guy who builds a dynasty. We all sat and looked at each other...uh buh?

...but now I see what is forming in Troy...I see a young coach who is forming a squad that will command respect. The school is on a parallel trajectory...being called "The New Ivy"...I believe that within 3 years there will be lots more to discuss on this thread...and the cozy little group into which you've welcomed me will be under assault from those who wish to hop on the Engineers' train...you really have no idea how much I look forward to being a microcosmic part of the 47 years you own to which I will never hold a candle...Cheers my Friend...we WILL toast heartily and often!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the T

Pirri reminded me today that he pLays against Jerry sat night
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X