Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Given the moniker of the UNB team, are we going to have to switch over to "Let's Go 'Tute" or "Let's Go White" for the evening, similar to when we play that other ECAC team that wears red and white?
    I have never understood this practice. Why should we change anything that we do when another team comes into our barn? Cornell or UNB or whoever has no more claim to "Let's go Red" than we do.
    RPI Pep Band Ex-Ex-Ex-...-Ex Conductor

RPI Hockey 1954, 1985
    UConn Basketball 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Timmah! View Post
      I have never understood this practice. Why should we change anything that we do when another team comes into our barn? Cornell or UNB or whoever has no more claim to "Let's go Red" than we do.
      I realize this. You realize this. Several other posters on here realize this. Unfortunately there are some that don't, and frankly, I've grown tired of trying to argue this point with them.

Comment

I use the ReloadEvery add-on with Firefox to refresh the message board thread automatically. Old busted hotness!

But in all seriousness, I look forward to the new WaP features.

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
          ...Until the mid-90's the team was known as the UNB Red Devils ...
          Ahh, yet another team moniker falls victim to the P.C. crowd...
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
            Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.

Without a Peer: Now with 30% more fiber!

Here's the long and the short of it. We're going to have a weekly live podcast, which actually got underway last night. Don't worry, you didn't miss it, we intentionally didn't announce it ahead of time so we could do a dress rehearsal, but it turned out pretty well, so you can now listen to it on demand.

Without a Peer podcasts

Since there's no regular weekly radio show revolving around the Engineers... we'll just go ahead and make one of our own. During live shows, listeners will be able to call in and ask questions or opine - and we expect to have guests every week as well.

In conjunction with our live tweets during games, we're going to try out in-game chats. Expect some mid-week moderated chats and more interviews during the season as well.

We've also added a tip jar at the top of the page. We think these new features make WaP an even better place to get news and opinion, but they aren't free. Since we don't believe in assaulting you with ads, we'd instead like to ask you, if you read WaP regularly, to consider a donation. 100% of the money raised will go directly into the site, Gary and I won't be using one bit of it for personal use.

Thanks for checking us out over the last 10 months. We want to earn your readership with every post - and I personally hope you get even more out of the site when these new features come firmly into place.

Tom
            Cool, now Ken Schott and the less-than-mildly-interested Roger Wyland will have some much needed competition... Forgive my Luddite ignorance, but other than time, what expenses are there to maintaining a website ?? Software? I honestly don't know.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Cool, now Ken Schott and the less-than-mildly-interested Roger Wyland will have some much needed competition... Forgive my Luddite ignorance, but other than time, what expenses are there to maintaining a website ?? Software? I honestly don't know.
              I would imagine it has to do with the talk radio portion of the fiber. Anyone can script a chat, unless they plan to work with WRPI to integrate the game feed. Naturally there's also the cost of webspace, which I'm sure they are already enduring.

Comment

Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.

Without a Peer: Now with 30% more fiber!

Here's the long and the short of it. We're going to have a weekly live podcast, which actually got underway last night. Don't worry, you didn't miss it, we intentionally didn't announce it ahead of time so we could do a dress rehearsal, but it turned out pretty well, so you can now listen to it on demand.

Without a Peer podcasts

Since there's no regular weekly radio show revolving around the Engineers... we'll just go ahead and make one of our own. During live shows, listeners will be able to call in and ask questions or opine - and we expect to have guests every week as well.

In conjunction with our live tweets during games, we're going to try out in-game chats. Expect some mid-week moderated chats and more interviews during the season as well.

We've also added a tip jar at the top of the page. We think these new features make WaP an even better place to get news and opinion, but they aren't free. Since we don't believe in assaulting you with ads, we'd instead like to ask you, if you read WaP regularly, to consider a donation. 100% of the money raised will go directly into the site, Gary and I won't be using one bit of it for personal use.

Thanks for checking us out over the last 10 months. We want to earn your readership with every post - and I personally hope you get even more out of the site when these new features come firmly into place.

Tom
                Wow...thank you for all of this in advance...I know how much work goes into this...you can count on my support

Comment

This season UNB will be hosting the CIS University Cup tournament (the Canadian Frozen Four but with six teams) .

The exchange rate even effects college hockey!
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    The exchange rate even effects college hockey!
                    Good one.

The University Cup has the winners of the AUS conference, the Canada West conference, the two winners from the OUA conference (basically a double-conference with teams from Ontario and Quebec), a host team and a revolving wild card.

Since CIS hockey is not normally a big draw, in order to get host cities to compete and bid (generating $$$ for the CIS), the host school gets an automatic spot at the University Cup. The wild card rotates between the three conference, with now the proviso that no conference can have more than three teams (including the host) at the tournament.
                    "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

... the host school gets an automatic spot at the University Cup. ...
                      The host school is in no matter what? Even if they're 2-28? Wow...

Comment

Good stuff by the guys over at WaP. Im sure they will upgrade the sound in the weeks to come but so far so good.
                        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Good stuff by the guys over at WaP. Im sure they will upgrade the sound in the weeks to come but so far so good.
                          We're hoping the paid account will increase the sound quality. As it is, with BlogTalkRadio, that's about all you can get without paying for it, not to mention not being allowed to broadcast between 7pm and 11pm - we had to record that from 11pm to midnight last night to use free cell minutes and the free account.
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

We're hoping the paid account will increase the sound quality. As it is, with BlogTalkRadio, that's about all you can get without paying for it, not to mention not being allowed to broadcast between 7pm and 11pm - we had to record that from 11pm to midnight last night to use free cell minutes and the free account.
                            Juat like Marconi used to do it...nice work guys. If RPI has any stones, they'll sign you guys up, make it official and throw some cash at you to get the sound right. As I have said for some time, its time to for the program to bring their hockey production & broadcasts out of the dark ages and you're just the guys they need to do it. Nice work

Comment

Just so the folks here know (when we are thinking of a donation) what kind of dough does it take to get good sound?

Comment

Maybe we can get one of the high rollers to donate to WaP by the number of posts RB has...
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X