Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by babo View Post
    Maybe they'll use him in the exact opposite way they used Brutlag...listed at one position but toggling back and forth to the other...versatility baby!
    Anything is possible, but no one who saw practices ever mentioned he was at forward. I stick be my earlier comment.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I wonder what Ben Scribens will say in the locker room to Erik Burgdoerfer.
      He won't say anything, he'll just fall over when Burgdoerfer comes within a yard of him.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I wonder what Ben Scribens will say in the locker room to Erik Burgdoerfer.
        Most likely, hey great to have you on the team...keep my *** out of sticky situations.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Also agree-keep an eye on Tinordi-he could be the big upside surprise.
          Agree 100%
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            He won't say anything, he'll just fall over when Burgdoerfer comes within a yard of him.
            Nice.
            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

In honor of Kristen Jakubowski, today is 9 September 2010. There are 26 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                I'm not even going to ask.

(OK, I'm done.)
                Wait until we get up to Nona in a few days.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The University of New Brunswick (UNB) Varsity Reds have finally got around to announcing the game against RPI on October 5th, and their rematch against the AHL's Portland Pirates on September 30th.

http://vreds.unb.ca/Teams/Hockey/new...w.aspx?id=8734
                  "The great aim of education is not knowledge, but action." -- Herbert Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
                    ...and their rematch against the AHL's Portland Pirates on September 30th.

http://vreds.unb.ca/Teams/Hockey/new...w.aspx?id=8734
                    That's quite a tune-up for the D1 games !! RPI and Co. best be ready for a hard-fought battle. Looking forward to it!
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

UNB was 27-1 in AUS conference play last season, winning 26 in a row. Unfortunately they were upset in the playoffs by a game StFX squad who rode a hot goaltender and played a perfect trap game -- much like Montreal did to Pittsburgh last season.

This season UNB will be hosting the CIS University Cup tournament (the Canadian Frozen Four but with six teams) in March, and are pretty much focused this season on redeeming for their playoff exit ... when they were the prohibitive favourite to win the national title.

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyFoyle View Post
                        UNB was 27-1 in AUS conference play last season, winning 26 in a row. Unfortunately they were upset in the playoffs by a game StFX squad who rode a hot goaltender and played a perfect trap game -- much like Montreal did to Pittsburgh last season.

This season UNB will be hosting the CIS University Cup tournament (the Canadian Frozen Four but with six teams) in March, and are pretty much focused this season on redeeming for their playoff exit ... when they were the prohibitive favourite to win the national title.
                        As you indicated, UNB can play. RPI and the other squads best be ready...
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Given the moniker of the UNB team, are we going to have to switch over to "Let's Go 'Tute" or "Let's Go White" for the evening, similar to when we play that other ECAC team that wears red and white?

I realize most would know our purpose, at least if we use very proper diction to make sure the S doesn't come out.

Comment

Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.

Without a Peer: Now with 30% more fiber!

Here's the long and the short of it. We're going to have a weekly live podcast, which actually got underway last night. Don't worry, you didn't miss it, we intentionally didn't announce it ahead of time so we could do a dress rehearsal, but it turned out pretty well, so you can now listen to it on demand.

Without a Peer podcasts

Since there's no regular weekly radio show revolving around the Engineers... we'll just go ahead and make one of our own. During live shows, listeners will be able to call in and ask questions or opine - and we expect to have guests every week as well.

In conjunction with our live tweets during games, we're going to try out in-game chats. Expect some mid-week moderated chats and more interviews during the season as well.

We've also added a tip jar at the top of the page. We think these new features make WaP an even better place to get news and opinion, but they aren't free. Since we don't believe in assaulting you with ads, we'd instead like to ask you, if you read WaP regularly, to consider a donation. 100% of the money raised will go directly into the site, Gary and I won't be using one bit of it for personal use.

Thanks for checking us out over the last 10 months. We want to earn your readership with every post - and I personally hope you get even more out of the site when these new features come firmly into place.

Tom
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Given the moniker of the UNB team, are we going to have to switch over to "Let's Go 'Tute" or "Let's Go White" for the evening, similar to when we play that other ECAC team that wears red and white?

I realize most would know our purpose, at least if we use very proper diction to make sure the S doesn't come out.
                              UNB's school colours by the way are red and black, but the home uni is mostly white ... and the team nickname is the V-Reds as Varsity Reds is a bit of a mouthful. Until the mid-90's the team was known as the UNB Red Devils ...

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                Hello everybody. I just wanted to let everyone know about the new features that are coming into being at Without a Peer.
                                Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X