Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

In honor of Marty O'Grady and Kendra Dunlop, today is 8 September 2010. There are 27 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-08-2010, 07:49 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      Oh, totally, so I can never change my mind, ever.
      Most certainly you can.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He does need someone else to step up a little to help him out. As of right now, the word on RPI is to put all of your defensive efforts on Polacek. I don't think that's going to work, but we're going to need at least one guy make himself a solid threat on another line to open Chase back up to put his thing down and do what he does.
        Agreed and I really think that guy is going to be Pat Cullen, he is due for a breakout season. I also expect a big year from Marty along with one or two of the freshmen as well. 27 days...

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Agreed and I really think that guy is going to be Pat Cullen, he is due for a breakout season. I also expect a big year from Marty along with one or two of the freshmen as well. 27 days...
          Also agree-keep an eye on Tinordi-he could be the big upside surprise.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            In honor of Mary O'Grady
            I'm not even going to ask.

(OK, I'm done.)
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I'm not even going to ask.

(OK, I'm done.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have been having internet problems today. This reply has gone into the either three times already.

I agree about Cullen and also think that AAG will step up. Hopefully, O'Grady won't suffer much from the loss of Pirri.

I also think that Bailen, Bergin, and Dolan (The Beef too?) will contribute a lot on offense, especially the power play. I don't think that Koudys will be much of a contributor on offense as his speciality is apparently as a shutdown defenseman. He did, however, step up his offense last year when Luke Juha was out of the lineup.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I agree about Cullen and also think that AAG will step up. Hopefully, O'Grady won't suffer much from the loss of Pirri.

I also think that Bailen, Bergin, and Dolan (The Beef too?) will contribute a lot on offense, especially the power play. I don't think that Koudys will be much of a contributor on offense as his speciality is apparently as a shutdown defenseman. He did, however, step up his offense last year when Luke Juha was out of the lineup.
                  With the new players that RPI has coming in and the expected improvement of the current players, I see no reason why they cant overcome the point totals we lost with JDA and BP last season (21G, 56A and 77Pts). That said, I have a hard time seeing RPI falling in the standings and feel they'll be right in contention for a first round bye again this year.

Comment

With the new players that RPI has coming in and the expected improvement of the current players, I see no reason why they cant overcome the point totals we lost with JDA and BP last season (21G, 56A and 77Pts). That said, I have a hard time seeing RPI falling in the standings and feel they'll be right in contention for a first round bye again this year.
                    That's pretty much where my head is at as well. More scoring by committee. If Patty can regain his scoring ways, it will take some heat off of Chase's line. Definitely more scoring from the blueline. This, added with what I expect will be a D that clears the puck with more skill should help us eliminate some of the ugly red zone turnovers we've had trouble with.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      was at practice tonight...add another former Engineer to come back and skate w/the cherry & white, Oren Eizenman. I know that a couple of people already know this but Eric Burgdoerfer is on his way to Toronto to take part in the Maple Leafs practices, which I believe start on the 9th.
                      Burgie is under contract with Bakersfield (ECHL) for '10-11. B'fld is now an affiliate of the Wild...not sure how Toronto figures in... GLM can shed some light....great news for Erik regardless!
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...ladesAsstCoach...should I have put this in the "alumnae"thread?
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Burgie is under contract with Bakersfield (ECHL) for '10-11. B'fld is now an affiliate of the Wild...not sure how Toronto figures in... GLM can shed some light....great news for Erik regardless!
                          Eric received permission from Bakersfield for this oppurtunity
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Eric received permission from Bakersfield for this oppurtunity
                            Outstanding opportunity!...I am on record from last season having stated that Erik very quietly had a great year...nothing that jumped off the page, although he did cut his PIMs in half. His one-on-one D work was very good for much of the season.

Thanks for the intel Turk.

Comment

Outstanding opportunity!...I am on record from last season having stated that Erik very quietly had a great year...nothing that jumped off the page, although he did cut his PIMs in half. His one-on-one D work was very good for much of the season.

Thanks for the intel Turk.
                              I think part of his cutting PIM in half was the fact that the skaters were noticably an extra foot or two further away. Indirect source of cause: http://www.withoutapeer.com/2009/12/...ths-later.html

Comment

B'fld is now an affiliate of the Wild...not sure how Toronto figures in... GLM can shed some light....great news for Erik regardless!
                                He's signed to Bakersfield, not Minnesota. Not everyone on a minor league roster, even in the AHL, is attached to the NHL team for which their team is affiliated.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X