Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Can I ask for an alert from the site that tells me when another thread about RPI starts? You guys all seem to know stuff and I am sloooooow when it comes to finding the topics outside this thread...

Comment

Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by babo View Post
      Can I ask for an alert from the site that tells me when another thread about RPI starts? You guys all seem to know stuff and I am sloooooow when it comes to finding the topics outside this thread...
      Unfortunately not, at least from what I can see with the profile options. However, most of our threads will likely remain on at least the 1st page, MAYBE the 2nd, so they should be fairly easy to find. From there, you should be able to subscribe to the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Unfortunately not, at least from what I can see with the profile options. However, most of our threads will likely remain on at least the 1st page, MAYBE the 2nd, so they should be fairly easy to find. From there, you should be able to subscribe to the threads.
        Thank you FD08...you are my teacher's aid for all things RPI...

Comment

The home game score threads probably won't go up all that much. Who knows what we'll have to talk about here. Our thread probably won't go up too much, though, as we usually create separate threads for a specific week of games, and that's where the majority of our discussion heads. Not to mention the recruit threads.
          The object of the special threads each week is to stimulate discussion with fans of the other teams. That can be quite enlightening. Each year I think about whether they serve that purpose because quite a few teams that we play have few fans, and one that does, Cornell, has mainly fans who prefer their mutual masturbation sessions on their own board.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
            Thank you FD08...you are my teacher's aid for all things RPI...
            I try...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Cornell, has mainly fans who prefer their mutual masturbation sessions on their own board.
              Awesome. I go back and forth but I think I dislike Cornell more than Union.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I think I might be in the minority here that I don't actually dislike Cornell all that much. Union, travel partners will definitely bring a tiny bit of rivalry, but I'd still much prefer full capital district prowess.

The engineering school to the north, on the other hand... well...

Comment

I think I might be in the minority here that I don't actually dislike Cornell all that much. Union, travel partners will definitely bring a tiny bit of rivalry, but I'd still much prefer full capital district prowess.

The engineering school to the north, on the other hand... well...
                  It's really dependent on the situation when you first started to follow RPI hockey. There was a lot of bad feeling against Cornell when I was an undergrad because they "stole" Ned Harkness.

OTOH, Union didn't have a hockey team. They were the folks who came to watch the RPI-Union football game when few RPI students cared about football. The Union fans got all excited when they beat RPI even though everyone beat RPI in football.

Clarkson and to a lesser extent SLU have been our hockey rivals since the Harkness days.

I add that Union fans (like the blogger that RC pointed out) have gotten me to at least dislike Union.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I hate Cornell because they are Cornell and I hate Union because of its fans ability to misremember the early years of Union in D-I and how horrible they were. It is cool they are doing better but the fans need to remember where they came from and be humble now that they are fielding a decent team year in and year out. Never forget your past.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I agree with FD08 on this matter. I loathe that engineering school up north and have a dislike for SUNY Ithaca, mainly because we seem to get bogged down in that despicable trap game, but I have a lot of respect for the fact that they seem to have perfected their system.

UC doesn't really bother me, but their fans' ridiculous hatred of all things RPI makes me dislike them a little more and more every day.
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Nolan gives us a presence in Western part of Canuckistan. He is going to be great.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I think I dislike Cornell the most because of the BS style of hockey they play.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Nolan gives us a presence in Western part of Canuckistan. He is going to be great.
                            Coach Vines also gives us that presence. But the 2nd sentence is most definitely valid (not that the 1st isn't).

Comment

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...th-blackhawks/

The King of ECAC Media Ken Schott just posted this a few minutes ago.

Like RC has been saying SLEEPPPPPPP SLEEEPPPPP.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

http://mvn.com/2010/08/24/pirri-leav...r-shot-at-ahl/

I love the first line of this really low budget blog that I found. I didnt know 2 guys leaving was a mass exodus.

Comment

Working...
                                X