Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
    If you like cold wait till you go to Brown.....Wear your fur lined undies !!!!
    We have been to most of the venues in the east and a few in the midwest-Princeton's Baker rink has usually been the coldest. Teeth chattering by the end of the first period even with a flask of Ultimat Vodka.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Thanks RC. Much appreciated.

Comment

Today is 4 September 2010. There are 31 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Today is 4 September 2010. There are 31 days until RPI's next game.

Ralph, you enjoying some Labor Day festivities? 4:30 PM, kinda lapsing, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We have been to most of the venues in the east and a few in the midwest-Princeton's Baker rink has usually been the coldest. Teeth chattering by the end of the first period even with a flask of Ultimat Vodka.
            I'm sitting with y0ou...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Ralph, you enjoying some Labor Day festivities? 4:30 PM, kinda lapsing, eh?
              Just forgot and then I was out bike riding.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Allen York, today is 5 September 2010. There are 30 days (one month) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  I'm sitting with y0ou...
                  At Baker Rink make sure to wear your fur coat. Jenny will have hers and I might even be wearing one. Back in the 80's and 90's, the temperature in the stands at HFH varied incredibly. Of course always colder down closer to the ice but up around row K you would start to feel much warmer. There were times that it was actually hot up above that seating level. The worst fog condition on the ice we ever saw was the championship game of the RPI tournament in 1984(I believe it was against University of Toronto). The officials would stop the game and have the players just skate around to disperse the fog. I do recall that even though it was December, the temperature outside that night in Troy was in the 70's for awhile. Hobey Baker rink never varies-it is always frigid.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    At Baker Rink make sure to wear your fur coat. Jenny will have hers and I might even be wearing one. Back in the 80's and 90's, the temperature in the stands at HFH varied incredibly. Of course always colder down closer to the ice but up around row K you would start to feel much warmer. There were times that it was actually hot up above that seating level. The worst fog condition on the ice we ever saw was the championship game of the RPI tournament in 1984(I believe it was against University of Toronto). The officials would stop the game and have the players just skate around to disperse the fog. I do recall that even though it was December, the temperature outside that night in Troy was in the 70's for awhile. Hobey Baker rink never varies-it is always frigid.
                    Hobey Baker rink is always cold because Princeton folks are cold hearted.
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I found this CHL promotional video on youtube which shows some clips from each team in the league. Current RPI freshman Guy Leboeuf is shown scoring two goals off one-timers around the 9:15 mark during the Cornwall part of the video. Thats a heck of a shot, I hope to see alot of that this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Uqm...ayer_embedded#

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        I found this CHL promotional video on youtube which shows some clips from each team in the league. Current RPI freshman Guy Leboeuf is shown scoring two goals off one-timers around the 9:15 mark during the Cornwall part of the video. Thats a heck of a shot, I hope to see alot of that this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Uqm...ayer_embedded#
                        Very nice catch there RH18...looks like we have a new member on the PP...

Comment

In honor of Nick Bailen, today is 6 September 2010. There are 29 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ckhawks_group/
                            10. (9) Brandon Pirri, C, 19
                            Drafted 2nd round, 59th overall, 2009

Brandon Pirri became the most recent prospect to join the organization when he signed his entry-level contract after just his freshman season at RPI. The talented center finished second on the Engineers in scoring with 11 goals, 32 assists for 43 points in 39 games. Coupled with Jerry D'Amigo's contract with Toronto, the Engineers have quickly lost two blue-chip freshman from last season's class and two of the team's top three scorers.

The 19-year-old has excellent hands and is a creative puck handler. He is a good passer with great awareness, making him a dangerous playmaker. He was a solid faceoff guy for Rensselaer, but his defensive zone play could use some work. A move to wing may not be out of question for Pirri, especially given his smaller stature at 160 pounds. His lack of discipline was also a problem last season as he was overly aggressive at times, finishing near the team lead with 65 penalty minutes.

Like Leddy, Pirri's sudden jump to the pro level was a little sooner than expected. He will be a player to keep an eye on in Rockford as he adjusts to the pro game.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Matt Tinordi, today is 7 September 2010. There are 28 days (4 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Now that I have started a recruit thread, this thread seems to be stagnating.

We'll need a 2010-11 thread soon anyway. Any title suggestions?
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X