Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Perhaps the rules got a little stricter with students now on campus. Also, I would venture a guess that the photographer was "given a tour" of the construction area, as that's usually the only way you can get in to those places while construction is happening (unless of course you work for the contractor).
    It's all a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      For the few of us whose adult memories extend all the way back to the '60's, the Field House used to be kept quite warm and the ice was relatively soft. This was done to slow down the opposing forwards, at a time when RPI's teams tended to be a bit lacking in the speed department.

I'm glad to hear that the ice is now excellent and hard, since that should suit the kind of teams Appert is trying to build.
      OTOH, I recall going back to Troy for the Holiday tourney from the mid-70s to the mid-80s and the HFH was much colder than either before or after.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        It's all a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
        That being said, with the re-opening due to happen later this month, I think it's best to let the re-opening be the next glimpse at the construction progress.

Comment

Well...

WaP has some pictures from the renovation, along with some pictures from practice.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Very cool to see. I look forward to seeing all in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              Speaking of cold at HFH...do you think the renovation will take the cold out of the rink? THAT I would not like...
              If you like cold wait till you go to Brown.....Wear your fur lined undies !!!!
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rangers wait for decision on where D’Amigo will play
                http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/772980

Guess there is still discussion whether JDA will play in Kitchener.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Rangers wait for decision on where D’Amigo will play
                  http://news.therecord.com/Sports/article/772980

Guess there is still discussion whether JDA will play in Kitchener.
                  They'll be waiting for a long time. He's not playing there.
                  R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

The Kitchener Record has been daydreaming about Jerry for some time now. Remember when he was totally going to ditch lowly RPI and go to Kitchener because, come on, it's RPI?

Now their attitude is, well, he only had one year, and it was in the freaking NCAA. Of course Toronto's going to send him to us.

Oh, the haughty OHL. Cannot wait to take you turds down.

Comment

Good work RC. I was over that way early this morning and took a ride by.

The framing for the exterior glass panels appears to be about 3/4 complete...so they ought to be ready to hang some glass soon. Also, they are prepping the footings for the new sidewalks and main entry staircase... the concrete forms are there at the ready. I still don't get the sense that there is a ton of urgency...i.e. they're not working today and I saw several other commercial jobsites that were active today.

Then again, I never understood why they waited so long to get started... In any event, it's good to hear that they are sticking to having the place chilled down in time for the schedule.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                        They'll be waiting for a long time. He's not playing there.
                        Agree
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Good work RC. I was over that way early this morning and took a ride by.

The framing for the exterior glass panels appears to be about 3/4 complete...so they ought to be ready to hang some glass soon. Also, they are prepping the footings for the new sidewalks and main entry staircase... the concrete forms are there at the ready. I still don't get the sense that there is a ton of urgency...i.e. they're not working today and I saw several other commercial jobsites that were active today.

Then again, I never understood why they waited so long to get started... In any event, it's good to hear that they are sticking to having the place chilled down in time for the schedule.
                          How much after Memorial Day did they start? Maybe they were waiting for commencement to complete.

Comment

How much after Memorial Day did they start? Maybe they were waiting for commencement to complete.

Likely the reason, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm nitpicking, at least they're doing the work!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Likely the reason, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. I'm nitpicking, at least they're doing the work!
                              Starting around Memorial Day? I'm fine with that; obviously school is still in session, and they need a backup for commencement. If it was well after that, then there may be a cause for concern. I'm sure things will be in a suitable state for playing very soon.

Comment

Starting around Memorial Day? I'm fine with that; obviously school is still in session, and they need a backup for commencement. If it was well after that, then there may be a cause for concern. I'm sure things will be in a suitable state for playing very soon.
                                Sage also has their actual commencement there.

Comment

Working...
                                X