Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Watched practice last night. Splits, forwards first part and then D-Men later part. Rogic really impressed me. He is low center of gravity guy who has speed to burn, He has decent size too. I think he will be able to win battles in ECAC. Koudys is big and very mobile. I was impressed with the way he moved and he is big (stud). He is certainly going to be drafted. We are going to like him alot. Bailen, IME might be the best skater on the team, lateral movement is outstanding. Bailen to me looks like a kid who will be able to be a force on the PP. I really like this class. Koudys and Rogic are the cream of it but all the frosh look good. And BTW WS... I did not see Pirri Apparently he had a prior engagement
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I don't know the circumstances of Harkenrider's departure. Coupal was one of the goalies on RPI's club team last year. He actually attended Seton High in Plattsburgh as an int'l student...certainly possible that he is related to Glenn C...nephew, cousin, etc.
      Hey, sweet, I'm not the only person that remembers that Glenn Coupal (and Jim Palmer, the most beloved practice goalie I can recall) went to Seton Catholic.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

For some reason I thought he was a mid year addition, but I'm probably wrong on that...I do remember that Glenn knew how to hit...back in the days the league actually allowed it
        I am pretty sure that he came at the beginning of the year. Perhaps he didn't see any ice time until later. I would have to look. He was indeed the only other member of that class besides Tapper.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, that's why I threw Seton in there....I should have pointed that out for the short haired kids...
          I know Seton Catholic, I was actually pretty close to going there; had actually gone to one of its middle school counterparts (back when it was a 9-12 school). Didn't like the constant travel, though, so I decided to stay closer to home.

Unfortunately I didn't know about Glenn Coupal.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Watched practice last night. Splits, forwards first part and then D-Men later part. Rogic really impressed me. He is low center of gravity guy who has speed to burn, He has decent size too. I think he will be able to win battles in ECAC. Koudys is big and very mobile. I was impressed with the way he moved and he is big (stud). He is certainly going to be drafted. We are going to like him alot. Bailen, IME might be the best skater on the team, lateral movement is outstanding. Bailen to me looks like a kid who will be able to be a force on the PP. I really like this class. Koudys and Rogic are the cream of it but all the frosh look good. And BTW WS... I did not see Pirri Apparently he had a prior engagement
            Thanks greatly for the report.

Pirri had an engagement after the wedding? He does things backwards.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Announcement of the exhibition game, etc. http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...901105826.aspx
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Sweet deal on the three games being Free for season ticket holders. Now I wait to see when they actually process my order form. Should be interesting to see UNB, I hear they are a better than average canadian team.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

UNB is at UVM Sunday 10/3. No sign yet of the RPI game on the UNB site ... So if the RPI site is correct, UNB will drive south to UMass 10/2 for a 4PM, then back north to UVM for a 10/3 4PM and then back south to RPI for a 10/5 7PM....wow.
                  Not too surprising; I think it's pretty common for the Canadian teams, when coming south to play exhibitions, to do 2 or 3 in a row to make the most of the trip. I recall in the past couple seasons some of the teams the men and women played had several games back-to-back at different schools.
                  APBWiki

Comment

Obviously I don't want to pry into the pay games because of all the complications that have previously been discussed, but will RPI-TV be doing a stream of the scrimmage by any chance? It'd be nice to get a first pre-season look at the players.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      ...And BTW WS... I did not see Pirri Apparently he had a prior engagement
                      Too bad, I would've had you smack him in the back of the head for all of us...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        Not too surprising; I think it's pretty common for the Canadian teams, when coming south to play exhibitions, to do 2 or 3 in a row to make the most of the trip. I recall in the past couple seasons some of the teams the men and women played had several games back-to-back at different schools.
                        No, it wasn't the games I was noting but the distances/locations...700 miles south to Amherst, then 190 miles north to Burlington (the border), then 130 miles back south to Troy...that's a lot of doubling back on one road trip...I'm sure the US schedules required it this way.
                        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 04:50 PM.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Now I wait to see when they actually process my order form..
                          Box office is processing/printing tickets on/after Sept. 10th...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Obviously I don't want to pry into the pay games because of all the complications that have previously been discussed, but will RPI-TV be doing a stream of the scrimmage by any chance? It'd be nice to get a first pre-season look at the players.
                            We've gotten the bad news that all live streaming will be done via B2. I'd like to shoot this exhibition game, and we may end up shooting the Red and White game as well, but nothing's solid at this point. All games will still be available for on demand viewing from our website.
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Box office is processing/printing tickets on/after Sept. 10th...
                              Oh ok cool thanks, I know last year I got my tickets in the mail like a week before the first game.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

UNB is at UVM Sunday 10/3. No sign yet of the RPI game on the UNB site ... So if the RPI site is correct, UNB will drive south to UMass 10/2 for a 4PM, then back north to UVM for a 10/3 4PM and then back south to RPI for a 10/5 7PM....wow.
                                And just think they get to spend a day in Troy on the 4th

Comment

Working...
                                X