Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

For Koudys
    Captain of basketball, baseball, cross country, track and field, volleyball, and soccer teams …
    Where did he find the time?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      For Koudys Where did he find the time?
      Sounds like a throwback. In this day of maniacal focus (hockey, hockey, hockey), it's good to see a multi-sport recruit every now and again!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Sounds like a throwback. In this day of maniacal focus (hockey, hockey, hockey), it's good to see a multi-sport recruit every now and again!
        Although I'm not sure if he is a recruit or a walk-on (likely the latter), Kevin Beauregard was also a multi-sporter, playing both hockey and lacrosse for the college. Eventually it came time for him to choose, and he's still on the hockey team.

I definitely agree in that it's good to see well-rounded athletes rather than concentrating on one sport.

Comment

For Koudys Where did he find the time?
          Considering that a few of those seasons overlap, I'm guessing it wasn't all at the same time...
          Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 01:18 PM.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
            Did Brandon add any bulk in the off season? It seems to me he is "slight" for the ahl.

There are so many, thick, hard charging power forwards in the ahl grinding it out night in and night out. Worst case for BP is a home and home. A big nhl bound forward or defenseman sets his sites on him. Six periods of hell.
            I've echoed these sentiments in previous posts. Union's MVT was considered too small (5'11 180) by the AHL Phantoms and he was a flat-out sniper in the ECAC (114 pts.) his release was second to none. Brandon had best keep his head on swivel if he ends up in Rockford.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 01:23 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Some of the rookie blurbs linked to the official roster page are now up. I assume that they all will be up soon.
              Did I miss something, or is Tinordi 25 years old? Blurb lists his DOB as 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Did I miss something, or is Tinordi 25 years old? Blurb lists his DOB as 1985.

Comment

Does anyone know if Joe Harkenrider was beaten out by Jeremy Coupal for the #3 goalie position, or did Harkenrider decide to concentrate on his studies?
                  I don't know the circumstances of Harkenrider's departure. Coupal was one of the goalies on RPI's club team last year. He actually attended Seton High in Plattsburgh as an int'l student...certainly possible that he is related to Glenn C...nephew, cousin, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I don't know the circumstances of Harkenrider's departure. Coupal was one of the goalies on RPI's club team last year. He actually attended Seton High in Plattsburgh as an int'l student...certainly possible that he is related to Glenn C...nephew, cousin, etc.
                    It is possible then. Glenn was from Plattsburgh.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, that's why I threw Seton in there....I should have pointed that out for the short haired kids...
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Wasn't Glenn the only recruit we added his year-until Brad Tapper joined the list and we then had only 2?
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Wasn't Glenn the only recruit we added his year-until Brad Tapper joined the list and we then had only 2?
                          For some reason I thought he was a mid year addition, but I'm probably wrong on that...I do remember that Glenn knew how to hit...back in the days the league actually allowed it

Comment

The bright side of the equation has that Coach Appert must be doing a great job of teaching his charges the proper skills so that they can move on to their chosen profession.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                              Schedule on the RPI website now shows the game vs New Brunswick, but its on Tuesday, Oct. 5th instead of that Saturday like the ECAC website was showing.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
                              UNB is at UVM Sunday 10/3. No sign yet of the RPI game on the UNB site ... So if the RPI site is correct, UNB will drive south to UMass 10/2 for a 4PM, then back north to UVM for a 10/3 4PM and then back south to RPI for a 10/5 7PM....wow.
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The bright side of the equation has that Coach Appert must be doing a great job of teaching his charges the proper skills so that they can move on to their chosen profession.
                                aybe he should wait until their junior year to teach that stuff.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X