Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Beman View Post
    jerry york or jack parker is a better analogy
    Jerry York has coached at three different schools.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Rensselear?

Edit: As RC wrote.
      At least all of the letters are there.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

official press release from Kevin re: BP signing
        http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...824102406.aspx
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Blackhawks official press release on Brandon. Came out this morning.
          http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536636&navid=DL|CHI|home
          I guess that it wasn't finalized until now because RPI just posted their press release http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...824102406.aspx

Edit: Too slow again.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

official press release from Kevin re: BP signing
            http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...824102406.aspx
            Funny, Kevin didn't mention the wedding.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Funny, Kevin didn't mention the wedding.

Comment

We made the big time. Article about RPI Hockey and recent pro signings on SI.com (almost as good as making bleacher report ). The following is from the article:

RPI still bleeding talent

Another tough loss for Seth Appert's program at RPI -- and NCAA hockey in general -- as the Blackhawks this morning confirmed the signing of 19-year-old forward Brandon Pirri to a three-year deal. Pirri, who led all rookie scorers in the ECAC with 43 points in 39 games last season, was the second high profile defection from the team in a matter of weeks, following in the footsteps of former linemate Jerry D'Amigo (Toronto Maple Leafs).

Pirri, who was Chicago's second selection (59th overall) in the 2010 draft, impressed at rookie camp bu still has some way to go to reach his potential as a second-line center with the Hawks. He'll likely report to Saginaw of the OHL after training camp, but he could be assigned to Rockford of the AHL as well. Either way, he needs time to improve his conditioning, physical play and two-way game. Not sure it's easier to work on those elements in those leagues than the NCAA, but he certainly isn't the first talented prospect of late to see things that way. Shows just how much work former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly has ahead of him in his new position as head of College Hockey, Inc.

Somebody apparently didn't tell Brandon he maybe going to Saginaw before heading to AHL. Interesting.

Link http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...mi.news.notes/
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Somebody apparently didn't tell Brandon he maybe going to Saginaw before heading to AHL. Interesting.
                  I'd say that's just a part of the conventional wisdom that Pirri needed another year at RPI before he was truly ready for the AHL, but it disregards the reality that Chicago needs bodies in their system and that's an obvious reason why he signed in the first place.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Today is 1 September 2010. There are 37 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Somebody apparently didn't tell Brandon he maybe going to Saginaw before heading to AHL. Interesting.[/url]
                      He must have realized that is a possibility, and it won't be under his control. Of course, all his talk about not wanting to go there could have been a "briar patch" act.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        I'd say that's just a part of the conventional wisdom that Pirri needed another year at RPI before he was truly ready for the AHL, but it disregards the reality that Chicago needs bodies in their system and that's an obvious reason why he signed in the first place.
                        Totally agreed-I wonder where he would be more likely to sustain an injury-the OHL or the NCAA? If it were me, I think I would feel safer at RPI for another year where I would assume the risk of injury was less. But that is just my $.02

Comment

He must have realized that is a possibility, and it won't be under his control. Of course, all his talk about not wanting to go there could have been a "briar patch" act.
                          So sayeth Uncle Remus Baer. I had the same feeling but did not put it so eloquently.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Totally agreed-I wonder where he would be more likely to sustain an injury-the OHL or the NCAA? If it were me, I think I would feel safer at RPI for another year where I would assume the risk of injury was less. But that is just my $.02
                            The chances are probably less at college because fewer games are played. There are Harry Z's in both places although perhaps more per team the OHL.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The chances are probably less at college because fewer games are played. There are Harry Z's in both places although perhaps more per team the OHL.
                              So they're a little more lenient with video cameras in Ontario?

I'm not sure if the risk of injury is necessarily less at RPI, especially since certain teams liked to head-hunt him and D'Amigo (and sadly get away with it as well).
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 09-01-2010, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                So they're a little more lenient with video cameras in Ontario?

I'm not sure if the risk of injury is necessarily less at RPI, especially since certain teams liked to head-hunt him and D'Amigo (and sadly get away with it as well).
                                Wherever he goes, if Pirri becomes a significant offensive producer, there will be hatchetmen after him.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X