Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    At least "Coupal" sounds close enough to Neubert.
    You young kids. No references to Glenn Coupal or Jim Palmer is such a fail.

Meanwhile, Puckman is getting himself buff:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/RPI-At...v=568558422376
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      At least "Coupal" sounds close enough to Neubert.
      We had a Glenn Coupal ('01), but I doubt that they are related based upon their hometowns.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        The roster is up http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=hockey& and contains a new #3 goalie from the club team. The uniform numbers for the frosh are as previously reported. No detailed blurbs and pictures for the new players yet.
        Bo Dolan is listed as a forward. Commence massive and pointless speculation... waitforit... NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Bo Dolan is listed as a forward. Commence massive and pointless speculation... waitforit... NOW
          I speculate that when whoever edits the roster changed Kerins' entry to Dolan's, they forgot to change the position. He also probably can play forward.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I speculate that when whoever edits the roster changed Kerins' entry to Dolan's, they forgot to change the position. He also probably can play forward.
            also forgot to change the asst. coach part.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

RC, enjoyed WaP as always. I was concerned this summer when Gwoz was rumored for OSU job that SA might be up for that slot. SA will most likely be on PS's radar. I think his next move is to a DU or something like that but hopefully not for a very long, long, long time or never.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Amazing how bad things got with players leaving, not signing. I wonder how much of that had to do with coach Montgomery's decision to leave.

I said in earlier posts that loosing players doesn't bother me as much as loosing Seth. Maybe I should have said loosing Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                  Amazing how bad things got with players leaving, not signing. I wonder how much of that had to do with coach Montgomery's decision to leave.

I said in earlier posts that loosing players doesn't bother me as much as loosing Seth. Maybe I should have said loosing Monty.
                  I love Monty but SA is the guy bringing the talent. Small anecdote. troyboy and I were at the Recovery Room watching Game 5 of the Stanley Cup. We're sitting at our table and who is walking over but our great coach. Seth being Seth was awesome, made us feel like a million bucks and said he was there to meet Matt Carle's parents who were staying at the hotel and watching the game . I assumed that they were staying there on their way to Philly for game 6. Well anyway, we sent adult beverages to the table, etc. chatted with SA a little during the game. What's the lesson , an NHLer, former HB winner parents thought enough of our great coach to watch his son play in a SC game with him in freaking Troy, NY. This is no slight on Monty but SA is the man when it comes to recruiting. Also, from reading comments from the lovely Babo, SA has quite a way with the ladies (moms) I very rarely get snarky on the board but let's knock the sh** off about Monty being the brains behind the operation because he was not and that's not what our dear colleague RC was saying in WaP. Thanks for the soapbox.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                    I spoke to the most reliable source on RPI hockey this weekend; ...
                    And how was Seth ?
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      ... I very rarely get snarky on the board but let's knock the sh** off about Monty being the brains behind the operation because he was not and that's not what our dear colleague RC was saying in WaP. Thanks for the soapbox.
                      I don't know who you're referring to, but to be clear, my past comments about Monty's departure never inferred to Monty as the "brains". Seth is the guy who brought us Monty and he's the captain of the ship. Nothing I wrote contested this.

My comments about Monty leaving related to the success he had in bringing us several talented kids two of whom -- JDA & Quinn -- commented publicly as to their bond with Monty having played large roles in their selecting RPI. That was my point - the relationships he excelled at building take time to establish and can't be replaced overnight.

Seth is now running the program now and has less time to pound pavement ...the new guys have hit the ground running and will get there soon... but losing a guy who had the success Monty had was a blow.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-30-2010, 12:31 PM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

OMG, when did Bo have time to learn how to skate forward? OMG...

Comment

We had a Glenn Coupal ('01), but I doubt that they are related based upon their hometowns.
                          Last time I knew, Glenn was selling cars in Plattsburgh. Dunno what Palms is up to.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            FYI: Posting Bleacher Report nonsense is *facepalm* worthy.
                            Glad to see the book burners are alive and well...

Comment

/...student apparently got his azz beat by the Troy PD on Sunday morning.
                              Probably had had it comin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Glad to see the book burners are alive and well...
                                I think this comment probably stems from a lack of understanding about just what Bleacher Report is.

Comment

Working...
                                X