PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

AspyDad
08-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Had to take your post over to the All Things DU thread since Matt Carle and Seth Appert are both an integral part of DU's hockey lore.

Although I am being recruited by the Denver thread, I will not be leaving this thread because it would be too much of a blow to Coach Baer if I stopped posting here. I feel a certain sense of loyalty to him.

Wicked Slappaahs
08-30-2010, 02:04 PM
And yes, I don't know about someone that played at RPI at a time when I had short hair.

Its too bad they don't keep records of such things...:eek: :D

Ralph Baer
08-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Although I am being recruited by the Denver thread, I will not be leaving this thread because it would be too much of a blow to Coach Baer if I stopped posting here. I feel a certain sense of loyalty to him.

Thanks. :D

vizoroo
08-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Use the "+ button below the post that you want to quote from another thread. Then go to the thread you want to post it and there will be a note saying that you have something quoted from elsewhere.

It Worked! :D
Thx, Ralph.

AspyDad
08-30-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't know who you're referring to, but to be clear, my past comments about Monty's departure never inferred to Monty as the "brains". Seth is the guy who brought us Monty and he's the captain of the ship. Nothing I wrote contested this.

Relax ... wait for it ... wait for it... Chief :D I know WS how much you love that endearing term :rolleyes: . I think last time someone called you that you talked about hunting season and guns :D I was referring to the Seth haters that give him all the blame when things go bad and no credit when they go good. I did not quote you. I give you props for not laying Quinn thing at SA's feet because it clearly is not because I think that as you alluded to that one maybe on Monty. If Quinn doesn't want to come for some perceived slight then whatever. A lot of young talent on blue line anyway.

FlagDUDE08
08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Relax ... wait for it ... wait for it... Chief :D I know WS how much you love that endearing term :rolleyes: . I think last time someone called you that you talked about hunting season and guns :D I was referring to the Seth haters that give him all the blame when things go bad and no credit when they go good. I did not quote you. I give you props for not laying Quinn thing at SA's feet because it clearly is not because I think that as you alluded to that one maybe on Monty. If Quinn doesn't want to come for some perceived slight then whatever. A lot of young talent on blue line anyway.

Players win, coaches lose. That's the way it is in almost every sport.

AspyDad
08-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Gentlemen are practicing at Knick tomorrow night from 6-7:50 pm. FYI.

Ralph Baer
08-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Today is 31 August 2010. There are 38 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.

rpihockeyfan13
08-31-2010, 07:45 AM
If no one has seen it, on the RPI athletics website on the right side there is a video of a commercial featuring puckman. Very funny.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!

Ralph Baer
08-31-2010, 07:50 AM
If no one has seen it, on the RPI athletics website on the right side there is a video of a commercial featuring puckman. Very funny.

LET'S GO RED!!!!!

And if someone has seen it, then it won't be there? ;)

FlagDUDE08
08-31-2010, 08:27 AM

LET'S GO RED!!!!!

That would be the same one as RC linked about Puckman "getting buff". I'm glad to see we're keeping Puckman around.

AspyDad
08-31-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm glad to see we're keeping Puckman around.

Surprised he didn't sign with the pros in the off season.

Ralph Baer
08-31-2010, 08:49 AM

Good point. :)

FlagDUDE08
08-31-2010, 08:52 AM

Dash. Underscore. Dash.

AspyDad
08-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Blackhawks official press release on Brandon. Came out this morning.
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=536636&navid=DL|CHI|home

Red Cloud
08-31-2010, 11:17 AM

"Chicago Blackhawks" seems to have a problem with his/her spelling.

Ralph Baer
08-31-2010, 11:18 AM

Rensselear? :mad:

Edit: As RC wrote.

Beman
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
I love Monty but SA is the guy bringing the talent. Small anecdote. troyboy and I were at the Recovery Room watching Game 5 of the Stanley Cup. We're sitting at our table and who is walking over but our great coach. Seth being Seth was awesome, made us feel like a million bucks and said he was there to meet Matt Carle's parents who were staying at the hotel and watching the game . I assumed that they were staying there on their way to Philly for game 6. Well anyway, we sent adult beverages to the table, etc. chatted with SA a little during the game. What's the lesson , an NHLer, former HB winner parents thought enough of our great coach to watch his son play in a SC game with him in freaking Troy, NY. This is no slight on Monty but SA is the man when it comes to recruiting. Also, from reading comments from the lovely Babo, SA has quite a way with the ladies (moms):p I very rarely get snarky on the board but let's knock the sh** off about Monty being the brains behind the operation because he was not and that's not what our dear colleague RC was saying in WaP. Thanks for the soapbox.

Never said Monty was the brains. But it is tough to loose Monty as it would be tough to loose Seth. Monty was like like Jerry, better things were within reach sooner rather than later. Just hope Seth dosen't "get a call" from a Western team or Hockey East team and slither off into the abyss.

FlagDUDE08
08-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Never said Monty was the brains. But it is tough to loose Monty as it would be tough to loose Seth. Monty was like like Jerry, better things were within reach sooner rather than later. Just hope Seth dosen't "get a call" from a Western team or Hockey East team and slither off into the abyss.

Coach Appert is under contract until 2014. But, if opportunity arises, as much as we may not like it, if it's for the best for him and his family, it should be considered. People come and go. That's the nature of any sports job (unless you're Coach Boeheim or Coach Paterno).

Beman
08-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Coach Appert is under contract until 2014. But, if opportunity arises, as much as we may not like it, if it's for the best for him and his family, it should be considered. People come and go. That's the nature of any sports job (unless you're Coach Boeheim or Coach Paterno).

jerry york or jack parker is a better analogy