Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Wow. I hope this was a typo. RPI should be shooting for a bye, not maybe kinda hoping for home ice in the first weekend of March. The Engineers definitely have the talent, they just need to make sure the effort is there for every Friday and Saturday night, not just every other game.
    I wish it was a typo, but besides losing over 100 points of offense, we have to take into account the fact that those two players made the teammates that they played with better.
    We did not just lose two of our best offensive producers, we lost everyting else they brought with them.
    I don't have a feel for the incoming freshmen, so I am being a bit conservative, but not much.
    I expect more, but until I see them play, I will stick with what I said.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010 Offseason VI: The NHL's CBA Doesn't Appear to Have Been a Boon for the Tute.

Surprised to see Pirri leave RPI. And the timing rally sux.

D'Amigo truly had a breakout season with his success at both the WJC and at RPI. And he will probably have a better chance at making the Leafs than Pirri has of making the Blackhawks. IMHO.

Let's be honest. These early departures #@$%^$#@!.
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Surprised to see Pirri leave RPI. And the timing rally sux.

D'Amigo truly had a breakout season with his success at both the WJC and at RPI. And he will probably have a better chance at making the Leafs than Pirri has of making the Blackhawks. IMHO.

Let's be honest. These early departures #@$%^$#@!.
        Yes they do. RPI hasn't had multiple early departures since 1985. The total of 6 years by which the two left early is a team record. (That is poorly worded, but I can't figure out a better way to say it.)
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Yes they do. RPI hasn't had multiple early departures since 1985. The total of 6 years by which the two left early is a team record. (That is poorly worded, but I can't figure out a better way to say it.)
          Considering they were the first two to leave for the pros after just one season, it's not surprising.

FYI, there is no game against New Brunswick. The league screwed the pooch on that one. Shocking, right?
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            I wish it was a typo, but besides losing over 100 points of offense, we have to take into account the fact that those two players made the teammates that they played with better.
            We did not just lose two of our best offensive producers, we lost everyting else they brought with them.
            I don't have a feel for the incoming freshmen, so I am being a bit conservative, but not much.
            I expect more, but until I see them play, I will stick with what I said.
            I'm with you on this. We've got to have the D lead the charge this year. The other teams are going to clamp down on Chase so it'll be up to his line mates to make plays and not just spend all of their time trying to force things to him. Use the points boys.

We are starting to look a bit thin on O. Hope we can avoid injuries because we all know that the game DQ's are going to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              I'm with you on this. We've got to have the D lead the charge this year. The other teams are going to clamp down on Chase so it'll be up to his line mates to make plays and not just spend all of their time trying to force things to him. Use the points boys.

We are starting to look a bit thin on O. Hope we can avoid injuries because we all know that the game DQ's are going to be there.
              We're definitely thinner on O than we were, but I think we were poised to be an offensive dynamo on par with Yale this season if the super sophs had returned - and they probably would have if it wasn't for all the money the NHL has thrown at top young talent all over the NCAA that no one expected.

I think our O is going to be above the league average still, but Polacek is certainly going to be behind the eight-ball with other defenses this year unless guys like Higgs, Rogic, Helfrich, and/or Cullen step up to be solid threats.

BTW... there will still be three "As" this season, and perhaps they should be the "Eh" Team now... Jeff Foss makes three Minnesotans as assistant captains.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                BTW... there will still be three "As" this season, and perhaps they should be the "Eh" Team now... Jeff Foss makes three Minnesotans as assistant captains.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  FYI, there is no game against New Brunswick. The league screwed the pooch on that one. Shocking, right?
                  Bummer... so our first real opponent is CC in Colorado Springs? That's a real trial by fire.

Out of curiosity (I probably missed something) - what'd the league have to do with us missing out on the game against NB?
                  RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                    Bummer... so our first real opponent is CC in Colorado Springs? That's a real trial by fire.

Out of curiosity (I probably missed something) - what'd the league have to do with us missing out on the game against NB?
                    The league website was the only place listing the exhibition game against NB. Both NB and UMass were showing the correct information, in that UMass will be playing the exhibition game against NB on 10/2.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post

Nothing, I think it was just false advertising. NB was already playing UMASS on that date.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                        The league website was the only place listing the exhibition game against NB. Both NB and UMass were showing the correct information, in that UMass will be playing the exhibition game against NB on 10/2.
                        Ah, got it - thanks. (I'd say that I could just hop across the river to Amherst and watch NB at UMass anyway, but I think I'm busy that night anyway. )
                        RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

The Chase Polacek I have been watching for the past three years will not let any of this stop him. It will feed his fire!! Have faith!

Comment

Today is 26 August 2010. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone else think that if we are ever going to get JL and he has indeed taken and done sufficiently well on the SATs, he would be on the way to Troy now? Other schools have players who come in when others leave.

I suppose that he could also come in January.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I'm an optimist as well-but I prefer stories with lots of violence or gratuitous sex (actually stories with violence and gratuitous sex).
                                How did I miss this post yesterday...I couldn't agree more Doc

Comment

Working...
                                X