Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2010-11

Originally posted by firebush View Post
    Maxcy should be rockin' for sure!! Hope the Bears are ready to play. And even more inportantly hope the Bears announcer is ready to keep the place fired up! We don't even need noise-makers! When Platty comes to town it is always a good show...both from the players and when Emery starts yelling! Can't wait!!
    Does Emery yell??? I love Potsdam - EXCEPT - when they play Plattsburgh, IMO, Plattsburgh is to Potsdam what Norwich is to Plattsburgh - and not just this year either. The Cardinal's had better be on there game - certainly the SUNYAC pressure is cranked up a notch.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Maxcy should be rockin' for sure!! Hope the Bears are ready to play. And even more inportantly hope the Bears announcer is ready to keep the place fired up! We don't even need noise-makers! When Platty comes to town it is always a good show...both from the players and when Emery starts yelling! Can't wait!!
      Yeah lets get Maxcy rockin' tonight! Firebush, perhaps you could yell to Emery that he needs to settle down! The Bears Announcer better bring his "A" game tonight.
      Last edited by Saints17; 12-03-2010, 11:24 AM.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        Yeah lets get Maxcy rockin' tonight! Firebush, perhaps you could yell to Emery that he needs to settle down! The Bears Announcer better bring his "A" game tonight.
        I'll be there, and I will say, the last couple of match-ups actually had as many Potsdam fans as Plattsburgh fans - many times it has been to other way around.

Tonight: Variably cloudy with light snow flurries possible. Low 26F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Hopefully there will be no fights in the stands like last year. It was like a scene right out of Slapshot. haha....
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            Hopefully there will be no fights in the stands like last year. It was like a scene right out of Slapshot. haha....
            Footage?!

I was at an Islanders/Rangers game last year at the Colliseum and I belive it was the first meeting between the two that year. The Isles were winning like 5-2 with 6 minutes to go in the third and fights literally started breaking out everywhere. No one was watching the game and instead everyone was just gazing around the rink looking at the various fights.

It was crazy. There used to be videos on youtube. I dont know if there are anymore.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Footage?!

I was at an Islanders/Rangers game last year at the Colliseum and I believe it was the first meeting between the two that year. The Isles were winning like 5-2 with 6 minutes to go in the third and fights literally started breaking out everywhere. No one was watching the game and instead everyone was just gazing around the rink looking at the various fights.

It was crazy. There used to be videos on youtube. I dont know if there are anymore.
              Yea some Plattsburgh "fan" decided he would be cool and go run around acting like a fool infront of the Potsdam students. Granted their were tons of verbal jabs going back and forth prior to the confrontation, but what a moron. I wouldn't call it a "scene from slap shot"...thats a little bit of a reach...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                Yea some Plattsburgh "fan" decided he would be cool and go run around acting like a fool infront of the Potsdam students. Granted their were tons of verbal jabs going back and forth prior to the confrontation, but what a moron. I wouldn't call it a "scene from slap shot"...thats a little bit of a reach...
                I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.
                LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

I was at that game and if I recall...the security guards were standing up to them, the peanut vendors were standing up to them, and if saints17 could have gotten down there he would have be stood up to them!!

Comment

I was at that game and if I recall...the security guards were standing up to them, the peanut vendors were standing up to them, and if saints17 could have gotten down there he would have be stood up to them!!
                    I would leave that job to RadioX. Nice try though Firebush.
                    LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush View Post
                      Umm no I was there to right where it happened and no, there was no "standing up to him" the dude started getting yelled at and went back to his seat where he was talked to by security for good reasons. Making it sound like it was an all out brawl.....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        I forget what the connection of Time Warner Sports is to Potsdam. It may just have been as simple as Potsdam asked. I remember Jaslow commented on it when I brought it up a few years ago and asked why Potsdam.

Hopefully Oswego can get on there a few more times this year with WTOP's broadcasts.
                        Potsdam always buys air time to telecast one game a year on Time Warner Sports. They use it to advertise their school. This year, it's the Hobart game.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Plattsburgh 4-1 Final. Obviously not the result this Bears fan was looking for tonight. Giving credit where credit is due here, Coach Emery has a hard working bunch, who won alot of battles for loose pucks and took care of business in their own end. Plattsburgh plays their systems very well at both ends of the ice and it paid dividends for them. I think Plattsburgh fans have much to look forward here with these kids. Its not the most talented Plattsburgh team I have ever seen, but its one of the hardest working without a doubt.
                          I think my Bears appeared a bit snake bitten by a bounce here or there. If not for the goaltending of Trevor O'Neil this game could have easily been 10-1 or more. Not much rest for the Bears as they welcome the Statesmen of Hobart tomorrow night.
                          Last edited by Saints17; 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

With SOG 45-18 in favor of Plattsburgh, certainly Trevor O'Neill kept it close, and if Potsdam had managed to capitalize on several near open net situations, the outcome could easily have been in their favor. I was glad to see a large Potsdam student turn out, but they seemed to think that scoring came from checks versus putting the puck in the net, nevertheless, an enthusiastic bunch - cheers to them.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Umm no I was there to right where it happened and no, there was no "standing up to him" the dude started getting yelled at and went back to his seat where he was talked to by security for good reasons. Making it sound like it was an all out brawl.....
                              You do realize that firebush was repeating hysterical lines out of Slap Shot? And in the movie, none of that "standing up to him" happened either...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                You do realize that firebush was repeating hysterical lines out of Slap Shot? And in the movie, none of that "standing up to him" happened either...
                                I have to confess I've never let the children watch a hockey game. I have a theory that children imitate what they see on a TV screen. If they see violence, they'll become violent. If they see someone stick up a bank, they'll stick up a bank. Heroin. You name it.
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X