This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Jeff Anderson is a terrific player and a total gamer. I really hope that he makes it back

Comment

Yale Daily News article about the past three games, notable because Coach Allain says more than ten words about the team.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/20...erges-in-wins/
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
        Jeff Anderson is a terrific player and a total gamer. I really hope that he makes it back
        The other part of having Anderson back is we add some size to our otherwise small team. Not that he would tend to mix it up at first, and if that is the case maybe we rest him until the ECAC tourney. I remember the injury clearly, when he was chasing a puck into the corner with abandon and got tangled up with the opposing player and jammed his skates into the boards. When you skate off the ice with a broken tib/fib, that shows some brass ones right there.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

I remember the injury clearly, when he was chasing a puck into the corner with abandon and got tangled up with the opposing player and jammed his skates into the boards. When you skate off the ice with a broken tib/fib, that shows some brass ones right there.
          I was in section 4 about 5 rows off the ice and it was sickening to see him hurt that badly. It is a testament to his toughness that he'll be back this year. I would think that he'll be in uniform for the Cornell game if he skate a regular shift as that is senior night.

And you are right about his size, although he will likely displace Laganiere from the line up so the size issue is a wash at best. I can''t see Brockett being sent to the bench as he is playing the best hockey of his Yale career right now.

Comment

And you are right about his size, although he will likely displace Laganiere from the line up so the size issue is a wash at best.
            No way. Anderson plays bigger than Lags does--though i would love to see Laganiere lay out more folks.

Comment

• I will be in Aisle 8 up high for the quarters
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

No way. Anderson plays bigger than Lags does--though i would love to see Laganiere lay out more folks.
                Physically yes, but that extra long reach of Laganierre is so helpful in controlling pucks in traffic

Comment

Imagine if the growth of his torso ever caught up with his legs, he would be about six ten!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Article in today's New Haven Register states that Anderson is skating but will not play this weekend. It must be a tough call for the trainer and coach, wanting to get the kid out there for senior night, but weighing that you are playing one of the most physical and dirty teams (lately) in the league.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...0577874243.txt
                    Last edited by LTsatch; 02-25-2011, 11:09 AM.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Disappointed as I am in tonight's outcome, I am choosing to look at the cup as half full. Rondeau was solid, and, except for the play that resulted in the Colgate goal, the defense was solid as well. Colgate had a good game plan. They effectively neutralized the deep passes from the defense to mid-ice and put a lot of bodies between the Yale shooters and the net. Colgate had a number of rushes up ice and shots that could have resulted in goals, but the key thing is that they didn't. I know that many Yale fans, me included, feel that something must be wrong with the team or the game plan when they fail to score the customary number of goals, but there will be more of these tightly played games as the season yields to the post-season. The fact that we have the defensive system and the goalie to win these types of games this year should give us confidence going into the post-season.

Comment

Well put, CGYF. Last night certainly wasn't our best showing - seemed to me our timing was off, and a number of potentially dynamic plays just missed. But Rondeau and the D were solid, as you say, and we kept pushing, particularly in the third period, as evidenced by the much more lopsided SOG. I thought Broc had some flashes of his early-season brilliance, too.

I'm thinking of sending flowers to the Quinnipiac team - sometimes you get by with a little help from your friends.
                        Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                          I'm thinking of sending flowers to the Quinnipiac team - sometimes you get by with a little help from your friends.
                          And from the standpoint of the ultimate goal, they're now a TUC, which raises Yale's record against TUCs to 11-2. Now, they're barely a TUC, so they're probably going to have to win tonight and whatever their first round match is to stay there, but this definitely helps Yale in the Pairwise.

By the way, Yale was the only D-1 team without a tie until last night.
                          Last edited by goblue78; 02-26-2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

A couple more thoughts....

Both visiting teams tonight have much to play for. Cornell clinches a bye with a win and Princeton clinches a bye with a win and a Cornell tie or loss, or a tie and a Cornell loss. Princeton has to be thinking that Yale is really going to bring it tonight, so they should be especially amped up to play well against Union.

I am not sure what kind of game we will see tonight. Cornell has been up and down all season (losing to Brown last night with everything that was on the line for them was a disgrace) and has now lost 5 or 6 games in a row to Yale. Plus, Cornell has a really tough time dealing with Yale's speed, so the physical style that they need to play to win tends to not work against Yale. On the other hand, Cornell needs this game as far as their standing in the ECAC more than Yale does, and they will probably come in with a big chip on their shoulder after their loss last night. As for Yale, I see no issue with their level of motivation after last night's double disappointment, so I expect to see Yale's best tonight.

Why does every bad team play like world beaters against Yale this year? And why does every goalie play like Martin Brodeur in his prime?

Our friend Harry Z gave Brown his best (first 2 goals of the game) and his worst (5 minute major that gave Cornell a 5 on 3 PP and their first goal that got them back in the game) last night.

Union didn't have a sell out last night. How can you not sell out that little bandbox when you are first in the ECAC on the last weekend of the season?

Does anyone know what a loss tonight will do to Yale's standing in the Pairwise?

Comment

And a couple more thoughts....

Lags looked lost on the ice last night. I sure hope Anderson will be back for the playoffs.

Dueck didn't look so great either. I would like to see Gus Young in that defensive pairing with Peel more often.

How great is Andrew Miller?

Rondeau makes the tough save look easy because his positioning and movement are so good.

Comment

Does anyone know what a loss tonight will do to Yale's standing in the Pairwise?
                                Would do, CGYF, would do.....
                                Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
                                X