Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True, but life has a way of upsetting the firmest plans. That's one of the best reasons to get a Yale degree... Just ask Jesse Reising.

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
      True, but life has a way of upsetting the firmest plans. That's one of the best reasons to get a Yale degree... Just ask Jesse Reising.
      Great another Yale* thread.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Well, you guys probably got 2 of SLU's 3 best games of the year so far. As I've said before, I hope you win it all this year. Now's a great time to start a long winning streak.

Comment

Was not able to hear or watch the game, sounds like Yale needs to start playing at the beginning of games instead of trying to rely on the finish, which has not been happening. Also sounds like Littles miss was pretty bad at the end, he has been snakebit lately, even though he played better against Dartmouth. any word on how Young held up?
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Watched on the internet. Not the best way to watch a game as the resolution is only good when the screen is about 3 x 3. Anyway, Yale got off to another slow start and paid the price. This has become a disturbing trend now and I am really puzzled how this could have happened on this trip against StL, a team that gave Yale all it could handle at Ingalls. They, as usual, tried mightily to catch up in the 3rd but it was too little too late. It seems to me that the book on Yale is well known...they succeed through speed and precision passing and if teams can disrupt them down low, all of the pretty passes amount to style points and nothing more. I thought Gus Young did fine. Again a little hard to judge any individuals when the screen is so small but no glaring errors that I saw

Comment

Great job by the Bulldogs tonight. Carried the play for most of the game, excellent puck movement, effective shots on goal, and Rondeau was stout early in the 2nd when Clarkson had their most extended offensive flurry of the night. Hat trick by O'Neill and 2 goals for Mason! Nice comeback from the lackluster effort against the Saints last night; I am sure that Keith Allain's displeasure with their lack of effort in that game went a long way toward motivating them tonight. 4 games to go now and Union shows no sign of slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                4 games to go now and Union shows no sign of slowing down.
                Overall a disappointing weekend for The Bulldogs.
                Hopefully, we can be motivated by now needing not only to win, but also needing to get some help, in order to win our 3rd straight Cleary Cup.
                Looking at the schedule we have: @Quinnipiac, @Princeton, vs. Colgate, and vs. Cornell.
                Ironically, Union has the exact same schedule, just with different dates.
                If Union wins out they deserve to win the Clearly, but here is to hoping that we get by with a little help from our friends.
                The QPac game this weekend should be great fun!
                -------------
                Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                  Overall a disappointing weekend for The Bulldogs.
                  Hopefully, we can be motivated by now needing not only to win, but also needing to get some help, in order to win our 3rd straight Cleary Cup.
                  Looking at the schedule we have: @Quinnipiac, @Princeton, vs. Colgate, and vs. Cornell.
                  Ironically, Union has the exact same schedule, just with different dates.
                  If Union wins out they deserve to win the Clearly, but here is to hoping that we get by with a little help from our friends.
                  The QPac game this weekend should be great fun!
                  Correction: Union has SLU and CU, not Colgate Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    Correction: Union has SLU and CU, not Colgate Cornell.
                    My mistake, don't know where I was looking when I thought I saw otherwise.
                    -------------
                    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                      My mistake, don't know where I was looking when I thought I saw otherwise.
                      No worries. See you at AC (I hope).

Comment

If Union wins out and wins the Cleary Cup (it's Cleary and named for the former Harvard coach) kudos to them. The important thing for Yale is to win out also to preserve a Top 4 RPI so that they get the 1 seed in Bridgeport. This team has won 2 Cleary Cups and 1 ECAC Tournament Championship. While I am sure they would love to win both, the bigger and more important goal is the National Championship, or at the very least a spot in the Frozen Four.

Comment

Video highlights from the Clarkson game.
                          http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/...rkson_Yale.flv
                          The goals against Yale seemed a little soft, hard to really tell from the video.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Big weekend upcoming for the Bulldogs. Two point weekends are not going to cut it this late in the season. Some good quotes from Brian O'Neill about the recent team malaise. “We haven’t been ready to play on the road in the past month, and I think this is just getting a little bit ridiculous for us,” Brian O’Neill ’12 said. “I think everyone knows that they have to prepare better and play better, and hopefully it doesn’t happen again.”

Comment

QU is kind of like Cybil, you never know which team will show up, with a sellout at the bank they are going to be flying high, lets just hope Yale does not react like they did at RPI in front of a hostile home crowd.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Yale released next seasons non-conference schedule, not very impressive again, but atleast BC is coming to Ingalls on Thanksgiving weekend. I think it might be time to end the IVY Shootout.

Comment

Working...
                                X