This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Some very nice hockey tonight. Completely dominated the second period with the exception of a very soft goal given up by Rondeau. The second period was the Yale from earlier this season. On the other hand though, Rondeau stopped a couple of breakaways and was very calm in traffic. If I understand the rules correctly, Jaskowiak will have to sit out the next game for a game misconduct. Somebody correct me if I'm (hopefully) wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      We also were swept by BC and lost to UND and UMD once. I'd rather not be number one--that's bullseye.
      I hear you about the bullseye, it comes with the territory . Four points in Yales "tank" this weekend.

I missed the game except for the last 4 minutes on TV tonight, if anyone that was present has a recap, I would appreciate it. What were the DQ's about and is our guy out for the next game?
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Even first ten minutes ending with a D goal. Then a great 28 minutes from Yale including 3 goals. Best they've played in weeks. Soft goal given up was the downer, leaving it 3-2. Dartmouth came back in the third period and played it pretty even, but Limbert put it away with a minute and a half to go. The scrum came with about 18 minutes to go on a puck trapped underneath a Yale player at the boards at center ice. The call was offsetting facemask violations by both Jaskowiak and Jones.
        Last edited by goblue78; 02-06-2011, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
          If I understand the rules correctly, Jaskowiak will have to sit out the next game for a game misconduct. Somebody correct me if I'm (hopefully) wrong.
          A game misconduct penalty does not carry another game suspension. A game disqualification does, though. And, Jaskowiak got a game disqualification.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Here’s the deal. I have neither the time nor the inclination to go on the posting site for another team and comment negatively about that team. The fact that you do really speaks volumes about you and your priorities. It’s truly unfortunate that you fans of the legacy teams feel so threatened by the new kid on the block that you need to denigrate them so consistently. As someone who is a Yale fan and regular poster to this site wrote recently, this thread is for Yale fans to comment back and forth about their team. And if we offended you because we got a tad bit excited when our team ascended to the Number 1 ranking, we are truly sorry. Now that Yale has dropped a few spots in the poll we will go back to our proper spot in the pecking order of college hockey, wipe the smiles off our faces, and never say anything that can be construed as believing that Yale might actually be the best team in College Hockey this year.

Comment

My observations on the Dartmouth game: 1)The fore-check and puck cycling were back to the early season excellence. 2) I love the toughness that Yale is showing of late, Cahill and Ziegler hit anything that moved tonight. 3) Denny and Broc were on their games tonight and Limbert played a great two-way game. It was nice to see him get the last goal as he is the unsung hero of that first line. 4) Rondeau did let in two soft goals, but he was terrific in the 3rd period when Dartmouth applied their only sustained offensive pressure. I feel good about our goaltending this year as Rondeau is calm and under control at all times. 5) I saw Jeff Anderson in the crowd without that soft cast he had on his leg. Maybe he will be back before the season is over? Laganierre and Balch have both done a good job filling in for him, but neither has the scoring touch or toughness of Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                Here’s the deal. I have neither the time nor the inclination to go on the posting site for another team and comment negatively about that team. The fact that you do really speaks volumes about you and your priorities. It’s truly unfortunate that you fans of the legacy teams feel so threatened by the new kid on the block that you need to denigrate them so consistently. As someone who is a Yale fan and regular poster to this site wrote recently, this thread is for Yale fans to comment back and forth about their team. And if we offended you because we got a tad bit excited when our team ascended to the Number 1 ranking, we are truly sorry. Now that Yale has dropped a few spots in the poll we will go back to our proper spot in the pecking order of college hockey, wipe the smiles off our faces, and never say anything that can be construed as believing that Yale might actually be the best team in College Hockey this year.
                Thanks!
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
                  Well said, and a very well thought out synopsis of how this thread has devolved. Lets take these well earned 4 points and move on to the business at hand. Congrats to Yale for clinching home ice in the ECAC tourney, that is only the first step.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Just looking at the roster I presume that Young and Hudkins are not available to play next week. Jaskowiak's suspension will leave Yale with only five defensemen for the Friday game. Could be a factor or does Allain rotate Cahill or some other forward into some defense shifts?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Liffey's says they'll broadcast the remaining away games. I would just call and double check before heading out. But it's great to have a headquarters for Yale hockey.

Watching the YES broadcast of last night's game. First time I've seen Ingalls in high def.

Comment

Just watched the replay of the Jaskowiak penalty. Play was stopped and the scrum had begun. Jaskowiak was out of the play, but he went into the scrum and pulled Robinson out by grabbing his facemask and pulling. It was effective in getting Robinson out of there, but he did it right in front of the referee. I'm not sure he was intentionally going for the facemask rather than just reaching in to pull Robinson out of there, but it is what it is, I guess. The interesting part is that Jones of Dartmouth received the same penalty for doing the same thing on the opposite side of the pileup, on Ziegler. Two identical penalties at the same time ten feet apart. It looks like the refs were trying to make sure they had control of the game and were looking for symmetry.
                        Last edited by goblue78; 02-06-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                          First time I've seen Ingalls in high def.
                          Other than in person, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
                            Other than in person, of course.
                            I say it looks better on TV-- reality is overrated.

Comment

Well the good news is that Allain has all week to figure out what he will do with the defensive pairings in the next game. I was sitting right off Aisle 2 so it was difficult to see what was happening during the scrum. I was surprised to see the mild mannered Jaskowiak get a game misconduct. It sounds like he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Can any of the freshman who have not been playing regularly play defense? I would hate to see the Miller line weakened by moving Cahill to defense, even if it is only for one game. This upcoming weekend is the last big test for Yale prior to the playoffs. Both Clarkson and St Lawrence are not playing very well right now, but that is a tough trip for Yale given that both schools are 7 hours away. My daughter and I were musing about going to the Saturday game, and we might have if it was a 4 pm start, but driving 7 hours starting at 9:30 at night is not too appealing.

Comment

From what I saw on the replay, Allain was furios about a slash to Trentowski, who was knocked on the puck. Walsh came in from behind and slashed his head and nothing was called. Jasko really got his money's worth on that facemask--he had it pretty twisted, though I'm sure not intentionally.

Not sure if anyone knows the injury status of Young and Hudkins, but it'd be great to see one of them. If they're not available my vote is for Malcolm.

Comment

Working...
                                X