X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    USCHO's arena reporter for Yale was found to be ineligible so they have withheld that person from participating in the arena reports.

Quite refreshing, isn't it?

It's ok, Cahill, I'm not eligible to play NCAA hockey anymore, either.
    Where did you play YOUR college hockey, Nick. Oh, and did you ever LEAD your conference in scoring...... and playing one fewer game at that?

Comment

The ECAC has suspended Flanagan for taking O'Neill out after he scored with a few seconds left at the end of Saturday's Yale - St Lawrence game. One game suspension plus one game DQ for the game misconduct.

Comment

Originally posted by Eph72 View Post
        The ECAC has suspended Flanagan for taking O'Neill out after he scored with a few seconds left at the end of Saturday's Yale - St Lawrence game. One game suspension plus one game DQ for the game misconduct.
        Entirely appropriate IMO, here are the Yale highlights of the game, They do not show the hit by Flanagan.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YaleAthl.../1/3RI4YFOdrsA
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          USCHO's arena reporter for Yale was found to be ineligible so they have withheld that person from participating in the arena reports.

Quite refreshing, isn't it?

It's ok, Cahill, I'm not eligible to play NCAA hockey anymore, either.
          Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
          Where did you play YOUR college hockey, Nick. Oh, and did you ever LEAD your conference in scoring...... and playing one fewer game at that?
          You Arizonans are fiesty
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Question. I know we have been reporting "sellouts" the past few weeks. Does anybody know how many SRO tickets beyond stated capacity of 3500 are being sold? One of the ushers told me its a thousand and by the looks of the three deep crowd around the rail it looks like it could be. Anybody know for sure?

Comment

Question. I know we have been reporting "sellouts" the past few weeks. Does anybody know how many SRO tickets beyond stated capacity of 3500 are being sold? One of the ushers told me its a thousand and by the looks of the three deep crowd around the rail it looks like it could be. Anybody know for sure?
              Doesn't the 3500 factor in 1000 General Admission tickets? Are there more than 2500 seats?

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                Doesn't the 3500 factor in 1000 General Admission tickets? Are there more than 2500 seats?
                I don't know how they report their figures because they were selling tickets up until game time on Friday night, also there were less people there on Friday than Saturday, standing room on Friday was only one to two people deep, and there were alot of unused seats on the home side. This is a quote from the Yale /Ingalls rink page,

The arena is often filled to its capacity, 3,500 including standing room
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Entirely appropriate IMO, here are the Yale highlights of the game, They do not show the hit by Flanagan.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YaleAthl.../1/3RI4YFOdrsA
                  Although I wasn't able to actually see the play, from what it was described as I also agree with the additional game given out. It's really a shame that it had to put a bad taste on an otherwise very entertaining and well played game.

Comment

Any chance of an Anna Liffey's feed this weekend?
                    Go Blue!

Comment

From this week's New Haven Independent:

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...ave_to_be_an_/

Why they included a clip from "Slapshot" I'll never know but it's still a good story..

Comment

Kenny Agostino named ECAC Rookie of the Week, well deserved.

When you think about it, he stepped up for Anderson, just when we needed it. Everyone laughed about playing the Russians, but that was when he first showed his game. Maybe the looseness of the exhibition and not having the top four scorers on the ice helped him take a lead role.

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20110125d4ew0c
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                          Any chance of an Anna Liffey's feed this weekend?
                          I can't run it, but anyone with a laptop and eight bucks probably can. Just call Liffey's.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                            When you think about it, he stepped up for Anderson, just when we needed it. Everyone laughed about playing the Russians, but that was when he first showed his game.
                            We're still laughing that you played the Russians and consider them a worthy opponent, it's a team of players who didn't make the Russian National Junior Team.

http://www.ohahockey.org/news_articl...errer_id=14435

The Red Stars from Russia is a team comprised of the players that were considered for they’re national junior team as well as some graduate players (1989 birth date). The Russian Junior National Team will play in the IIHF World Junior Championships beginning on Boxing Day in Buffalo, NY, USA.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                              We're still laughing that you played the Russians and consider them a worthy opponent, it's a team of players who didn't make the Russian National Junior Team.
                              I know what you mean. My buddy got denied at Yale Law and had to go to Harvard...give him crap all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post

http://www.ohahockey.org/news_articl...errer_id=14435
                                Your neighbors to the north did not consider the Russians worthy either, look where it got them. It was an exhibition that got the Yale suit and tie squad some ice time, it helped Agostino. Although rejects from a national junior squad, what would you call a group of Americans who were the last twenty cut from the American Junior Squad, probably a group of excellent players. For a team thrown together quickly without much practice, they played very well and made a good accounting of themselves. I myself took it for what it was worth, a practice that nobody got hurt at.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X