This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

I just hope there are no remnants of those awful playoff haircuts that were sported for the ill fated Brown series.

Comment

Originally posted by ESundy36 View Post
      I just hope there are no remnants of those awful playoff haircuts that were sported for the ill fated Brown series.
      I still have my blond wig...

Comment

Any info about the scrimmage today?

Comment

Yale 5 - Dartmouth 1. 2-0 after the first, and Yale looked very good. Little, Kearney and Cahill only played the first period. 2-1 after the second period, and Yale looked poor in that period. Yale came out very strong in the third and outscored Dartmouth 3-0.

Comment

Thanks for the report Professor, I could not make the game and you were the only source I could find for a score or recap. A question for the group, why do some Ivy teams get to start the season earlier than others, ie Colgate?
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Thanks for the report Professor, I could not make the game and you were the only source I could find for a score or recap. A question for the group, why do some Ivy teams get to start the season earlier than others, ie Colgate?
              Other than the fact that Colgate isn't an Ivy?
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I got to the scrimmage late, towards the end of the second. Did Trentowski and Martin skate at all? Was Malcolm in net for the first period?

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                  I got to the scrimmage late, towards the end of the second. Did Trentowski and Martin skate at all? Was Malcolm in net for the first period?
                  Keith rolled 7 defensemen throughout the game. Whichever two were up went on the power play or penalty kill. Trentowski and Martin both skated in all three periods. Both looked good. Each goalie played a period, and I am embarassed to confess that I don't recall which goalie played in which period. The common thread is that each of them were leaving to many rebounds out front rather than covering up or re-directing the puck to the corner.

Comment

Thanks, Prof. I can attest to Rondeau in the second and Maricic in the third.

Can't wait for Friday!

Comment

According to the Texas Stars website, Backman has played in all 4 games and has one goal so far in the young season.
                      Yale Hockey

Comment

For some reason I busted out the old film camera at last weekend's scrimmage. I couldn't find any high speed film but I got some nice shots nonetheless. They can be found here:

Recap and photos
                        More photos

Also, the Women have started a blog for all their going-ons, Women's Blog

Comment

Licwinko;

I met you in Worcester last March; this is a great thing you've
                          created here. Hold down the fort this weekend; I'm flying in on 11/2.... in time
                          for the Lady Bulldogs v. the Lady Friars. Down to NYC on 11/3 and 11/4 for my
                          annual Broadway fix (some guy named Pacino in The Merchant of Venice), then to
                          The Whale for the Tigers and Bobcats. I'll have my camera with me. Keep up the good work.
                          Go Bulldogs!

Comment

Thanks Doc!

We'll catch up at one of those games.

Comment

And we are off.....

and just like that Yale already looks to be, dare I say, faster than ever.
                              Final score Yale 7- Brown 4.

Brief summary: Brown goes up 3-1 after four goals scored in ~3 minutes during a Yale 5 minute major (1 Yale shorty, 1 Brown 5-3, and 2 Brown PP goals). Kearney then with the next 3 goals, and Yale never looked back.

Goaltending will be an issue. As will our size.
                              But speed and open ice skills are likely to carry this team a long way.
                              -------------
                              Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                                And we are off.....

and just like that Yale already looks to be, dare I say, faster than ever.
                                Final score Yale 7- Brown 4.

Brief summary: Brown goes up 3-1 after four goals scored in ~3 minutes during a Yale 5 minute major (1 Yale shorty, 1 Brown 5-3, and 2 Brown PP goals). Kearney then with the next 3 goals, and Yale never looked back.

Goaltending will be an issue. As will our size.
                                But speed and open ice skills are likely to carry this team a long way.
                                Issues?

The goaltending was good tonight. I was very pleased with the way Malcolm played. The first goal was a softy. The second he was screened on. The third would have been a very tough save, and on the fourth he lost his glove.
                                Also, Yale's size is just part of their game. If anything I'd say its an advantage. Little, O'neill, Limbert, Martin, and Peel are great players. Size doesn't hold BC back.

In addition, I thoght that Freshman, Gus Young looked great. That is, until he was injured. Hopefully it's not too serious.

All in all, I thought the Bulldogs played a solid game.
                                Yale Hockey '09 ECAC Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X