X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Originally posted by goblue78 View Post
    Mr. Sioux 23... I get it. I really do. But you guys have to understand that Yale hockey fans are in a hopefully permanent, but probably temporary, zone of euphoria. As a faithful follower of Yale hockey for thirty years, you have to understand how new this is for us. And wonderful. So there's no amount of "come now, wait until you've actually accomplished something" that's going to work on us in the least. When you've never accomplished anything (other than a game last year you went to forget) everything looks great. Ignore the threads. Let us bask in our i gnorance. We're happy. Is that really so intolerable? You have plenty of time to gloat later when we fail. And, maybe, just maybe, we won't. That's what's got us psyched. And this is really directed to goon, not you.
    What are you going to say when your team goes one and done?
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      What are you going to say when your team goes one and done?
      If it happens we will probably be muttering the same thing NoDak did walking out of Worcester last year. You guys would not praise Yale even if they went all the way, it's not in your character. I never thought I would come across fans with more of a superiority complex than New York Yankee fans, but you guys take the cake.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Mmmm, cake. I hope it's chocolate. With custard filling.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          If it happens we will probably be muttering the same thing NoDak did walking out of Worcester last year. You guys would not praise Yale even if they went all the way, it's not in your character. I never thought I would come across fans with more of a superiority complex than New York Yankee fans, but you guys take the cake.
          Here is my exact quote after the game last year...Reply #530 to the "Yale Hockey 2010" thread.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I just want to say congratulations to Yale. You guys played well, and beat a very good North Dakota squad. Best of luck in the rest of the tournament.
          I'm such an *******.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Because our team actually has won something other than an NCAA tourney game. That's why I said 7 > 0... Also, Your fans come across a lot like the SCSU fans when Minnesota actually used to be good and they used to be referred to as Jan Brady State University. I am telling you don't expect WCHA fans to pump up your tires. Win something first then we will talk...
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

I don't really want to pump anyone's tires. I don't think. What does that even mean? Ewww.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                I don't really want to pump anyone's tires. I don't think. What does that even mean? Ewww.
                There won't be much pumping of tires because Yale just lost to Brown 3-2 today, so we can put the Yale is number one and the best team in the nation argument to bed.
                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Because our team actually has won something other than an NCAA tourney game. That's why I said 7 > 0... Also, Your fans come across a lot like the SCSU fans when Minnesota actually used to be good and they used to be referred to as Jan Brady State University. I am telling you don't expect WCHA fans to pump up your tires. Win something first then we will talk...
                  Hey, Minnesota beat CC twice, and has a played 7 games already against top ten teams. Playing Yale's schedule would make us look like gods.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

There won't be much pumping of tires because Yale just lost to Brown 3-2 today, so we can put the Yale is number one and the best team in the nation argument to bed.
                    So the fact that they're still #1 in PWR / RPI / KRACH? That means nothing?
                    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      Hey, Minnesota beat CC twice, and has a played 7 games already against top ten teams. Playing Yale's schedule would make us look like gods.
                      Good Point!!!
                      Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        So the fact that they're still #1 in PWR / RPI / KRACH? That means nothing?
                        Regardless of the computer rankings system, you're team lost to a crappy 9th place team. MSUM a middle of the road team in the WCHA beat them with ease 7-3... Ranings, smankings.
                        Eric's Twitter

Comment

Regardless of the computer rankings system, you're team lost to a crappy 9th place team. MSUM a middle of the road team in the WCHA beat them with ease 7-3... Ranings, smankings.
                          Yale also beat them with ease 5-2 at home. Did MSU-M play in Providence?

Also, read a signature before replying. I am most certainly not a Yale fan.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

To be fair, Yale beat Brown yesterday. And Minnesota State hardly beat us "with ease;" it was a close game until they pulled away in the third.

Yes, I'm nitpicking, but it's only fair to consider the above.

Comment

• Yale did not deserve to win today, they were outhustled, outhit, and just plain outplayed by a team who wanted the win more than they did. I have said earlier in the season that Yale is not as good as last years team, they for some reason are having trouble finishing on those five pass plays, they need to stop making pretty passes and put quality shots on net.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Don't act like this means you were right all along. It means you might be right now.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X