X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
    You done now? Go crap on your own thread.
    I will go where ever I want Skippy...
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      I will go where ever I want Skippy...
      ...just like a fart in the wind.

Comment

Yale, UNH Championship Game. You heard it here first Area a**clown.
        There's a reason I heard it here first... because most people aren't even stupid enough to say something this dumb. Might as well predict American International vs. Uconn.

Yale won't make it out of Bridgeport when Allain blows another chance to get it done on home "soil."
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          There's a reason I heard it here first... because most people aren't even stupid enough to say something this dumb. Might as well predict American International vs. Uconn.

Yale won't make it out of Bridgeport when Allain blows another chance to get it done on home "soil."
          Q: How do you upset a clown?

A: You tell him to take his head from out of his as*.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            Just curious, which teams on Yale's schedule comprise of that 5% better than MN???
            That's TBD until they get into the NCAA's.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

North Dakota fans aren't happy this morning.

Looking forward to cheering for the Blue at Ingalls this afternoon. I'm bringing my teenaged daughter and 5 of her friends to add to the general melee.
              Go Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post

Looking forward to cheering for the Blue at Ingalls this afternoon. I'm bringing my teenaged daughter and 5 of her friends to add to the general melee.
                Why are we not happy this morning? Actually if your team was in a good league you would realize that team actually do lose once in a while because we don't have a schedule that's stuffed with teams from the "Weak Sisters of the Poor" and or cream filled cupcakes.
                And just for the record Yale 0 NCAA titles, UND 7... Win something first skippy and then come talk to us...
                Last edited by Goon; 01-15-2011, 08:25 AM.
                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                Eric's Twitter
                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I caught the end of that game on TV. Not sure if both teams just wore each other out, but the third was sloppy. The rematch tonight should be a blast.

Looking forward to cheering for the Blue at Ingalls this afternoon.
                  This is going to be a great one-- the kids are back, I expect the band to be there. Cannot wait.

It's tough to imagine the boys coming out flat, but that would be the only reason this game would be close.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                    It's tough to imagine the boys coming out flat, but that would be the only reason this game would be close.
                    I agree, Brown is going to destroy your overrated clowns. Enjoy reality.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

BC - 2nd best team in Boston.

I see the Frozen Four as Yale, ND, UMD, UNH.
                      BC is the second best team in Boston? Ok, I guess. Yale* isnt going to be anywhere near St. Paul in April unless some of their players are invited to the Skills Competition.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                        This is going to be a great one-- the kids are back, I expect the band to be there. Cannot wait.

How long have you been watching ECAC hockey?? It's Brown. They can suck the life out of any team and make it a close game. (Last years playoffs seem to come to mind as an example).

On paper you should blow the roof off the Whale. But I have seen strange things happen to teams when they play Brown.

I am amazed at how hard tickets are to come by at Ingalls lately. My Saints are coming in next weekend and I could only get General Admission.
                        SLU

Comment

BU thought they'd walk thru Brown too, (both times).

Brown 4, Yale* 1

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                            Why are we not happy this morning? Actually if your team was in a good league you would realize that team actually do lose once in a while because we don't have a schedule that's stuffed with teams from the "Weak Sisters of the Poor" and or cream filled cupcakes.
                            And just for the record Yale 0 NCAA titles, UND 7... Win something first skippy and then come talk to us...
                            Typical bad fan behavior. When things aren't going exactly as you want e.g. that number one poll ranking you so desperately want - you go off blathering about your past championships. I'm not a Yale fan but I'm guessing most them don't care one bit about UND's past.

Comment

Originally posted by UHall6 View Post
                              Typical bad fan behavior. When things aren't going exactly as you want e.g. that number one poll ranking you so desperately want - you go off blathering about your past championships. I'm not a Yale fan but I'm guessing most them don't care one bit about UND's past.
                              I don't think any North Dakota fan really cares about a meaningless #1 ranking. We've had it many, many, many times before, and it gives you nothing. In fact, usually the #1 team fails in the NCAA tournament. All I really care about is hoisting that NCAA Title come April.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                I don't think any North Dakota fan really cares about a meaningless #1 ranking. We've had it many, many, many times before, and it gives you nothing. In fact, usually the #1 team fails in the NCAA tournament. All I really care about is hoisting that NCAA Title come April.
                                Maybe it isn't about being number one specifically but something about having Yale ahead of North Dakota has really irked a number of your fans. If BC were number one and North Dakota were two there would probably be less complaining. I suspect if Yale were two and North Dakota were three then the whining would return.

As you say and as was illustrated on another thread last month, the team that is ranked number one in December rarely wins the title. If this is the case and you claim that titles are more important than rankings it raises the question: Why get so worked up about polls in January?

Comment

Working...
                                X