This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Hockey 2010-2011 thread

Nice win for Yale going into the Christmas break. I would expect Rondeau to sit out the Russian game on 12/29. Maybe limited icetime for some of the other regulars as well.

Comment

Not sure what happened to Anderson, I thought it was his ankles at first, he jammed both feet into the bottom of the boards with his blades. O'Neil got his clock cleaned a couple of times, he has to be careful to avoid a concussion, he skates with his head down too much. I might also add that Broc Little seems to be off of his game as of late and Kearney has also come back to earth after his hot start. The slap shot goal by Miller was a blast, and the second goal was just a result of Cahills hard work at the net front, he did a great job to lift it over the goalie from close range. Is there a JV team that we can throw at the Russians? I would hate to see someone hurt in an exhibition, dumb scheduling on Yales part IMO
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

First thing I heard was broken leg for Anderson, could be a big loss. Nasty fall, WTNH had it on the highlights.
        Considering the biggest concern before the season was the goaltending, you have to be happy with RR. Still slow post to post, and he goes down way too early, but you see his confidence growing every game.
        I think pretty much everyone will play the exhibition. Alot of time off between now and then and that is alot of rust to shake off.
        Cahill Nelson tandem?

Comment

New Haven Register is reporting Anderson's injury "is thought to be severe".

Comment

Rondeau also has a tough time handling the puck when he roams from the net, he should do this as little as possible if a defensman is able to take over.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Boola View Post
              First thing I heard was broken leg for Anderson, could be a big loss. Nasty fall, WTNH had it on the highlights.
              Considering the biggest concern before the season was the goaltending, you have to be happy with RR. Still slow post to post, and he goes down way too early, but you see his confidence growing every game.
              I think pretty much everyone will play the exhibition. Alot of time off between now and then and that is alot of rust to shake off.
              Cahill Nelson tandem?
              Cahill/Miller, Sorry
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Stan The Man View Post
                New Haven Register is reporting Anderson's injury "is thought to be severe".
                I was at the side of the boards where Anderson got smooshed. It's most certainly a right leg injury--probably one of looked like it could have been a knee injury.
                Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                Boston University '06/'08
                Yale University '13

Comment

Originally posted by Stories View Post
                  I was at the side of the boards where Anderson got smooshed. It's most certainly a right leg injury--probably one of looked like it could have been a knee injury.
                  Hopefully he'll be able to come back and play this year. Still a long way to go until April. It's tough to get any accurate info on injuries from Allain, who's tight lipped on these things. Would be nice if Malafronte or one of YDN reporters actually followed up with the player and reported injury status as the season progresses.

Otto, Pletz and Hudkins might finally see some playing time on the 29th?

Comment

How is Young? Thought I saw him playing recently (on one of Yale Athletics YouTube shows) but didn't seem him last night.
                    Go Blue!

Comment

A Request and Some Insights:

1. To my fellow Yale Fans- how about we keep our posts regarding this team on this thread- I'm growing tired of switching between this and the Yale #1 thread. As this is 'The Yale Season' thread, would just as well that conversation move over here.

2. There is no doubt Yale is better this year than last. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't watched this team enough over past several years.

3. This year Yale has beaten just about everyone on their schedule, last year Yale beat top of out conference foes UND and Ferris State, tied Wisconsin, and was eventually knocked out of NCAAs by future champ (having given them a decent run).

4. To all the haters, combine points 2 and 3.

5. If after doing the above, you are still left wondering about this team, then it's clear that it is not the quality of school you went to, but rather an inborn error of metabolism that is responsible for your current quandary.

6. To all the Yale Players, please stay away from late-nights at PWG this winter break, and thereafter.....
                      -------------
                      Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Yale84 View Post
                        How is Young? Thought I saw him playing recently (on one of Yale Athletics YouTube shows) but didn't seem him last night.
                        He played 10/29 vs Brown, got injured and didn't play again until 11/23 vs. Sacred Heart. Picked up an Assist in that game and hasn't played since. I didn't think he's hurt though; just not fitting into the lineup right now.

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
                          A Request and Some Insights:

1. To my fellow Yale Fans- how about we keep our posts regarding this team on this thread- I'm growing tired of switching between this and the Yale #1 thread. As this is 'The Yale Season' thread, would just as well that conversation move over here.

2. There is no doubt Yale is better this year than last. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't watched this team enough over past several years.

3. This year Yale has beaten just about everyone on their schedule, last year Yale beat top of out conference foes UND and Ferris State, tied Wisconsin, and was eventually knocked out of NCAAs by future champ (having given them a decent run).

4. To all the haters, combine points 2 and 3.

5. If after doing the above, you are still left wondering about this team, then it's clear that it is not the quality of school you went to, but rather an inborn error of metabolism that is responsible for your current quandary.
                          You fail to realize that other teams have gotten better too. Ignorance is bliss so live it up while it lasts...
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Any word on Anderson? Got to watch the UNH/Maine and Minny/UMD games at my local bar, nice to see # 2 and 3 go down. Looks like BC will be licking up our heels, if they win.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Any word on Anderson? Got to watch the UNH/Maine and Minny/UMD games at my local bar, nice to see # 2 and 3 go down. Looks like BC will be licking up our heels, if they win.
                              I hate to be the one to break this to you but New Hampshire won.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                I hate to be the one to break this to you but New Hampshire won.
                                You are correct Sir Mr. Dirty, said beers at said bar may have confused my 8 rank with my 3 rank. The upside is that if BC wins there will probably be 3 eastern teams ranked 1-2-3. Thank you for policing the Yale forum!
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X