Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy International Left-Handers Day (August 13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy International Left-Handers Day (August 13)

...to all my fellow southpaw brethren!

Re: Happy International Left-Handers Day (August 13)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    ...to all my fellow southpaw brethren!
    Back at ya my left handed brother.
    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Wikipedia has a source that says lefties are smarter, so it must be true.

I just noticed... the little thumbs up icon is a left hand.
      Last edited by jen; 08-13-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Commies.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So you're telling me us lefties have us a holiday? Hells bells! Another reason to drink! Happy Holiday, y'all!
          Originally posted by moe24
          Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

*****http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1997/nedflandersscottflander.jpg******
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Us lefties suffer discrimination every day of our lives, generally without complaint. Butter knives, most hand tools, those desks in college and in the AF (at least in the old days) having to qualify on righty M-16s (which means the ejected brass goes right across your face).
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Us lefties suffer discrimination every day of our lives, generally without complaint. Butter knives, most hand tools, those desks in college and in the AF (at least in the old days) having to qualify on righty M-16s (which means the ejected brass goes right across your face).
                I'm still confused directionally from being told in kindergarten that you put the "hand that you WRITE with" (your right hand) over your heart during the pledge of allegiance. The teachers thought it was an easy way to remember - write, right.

Here's another one - getting ink all over your hand when writing because it drags across what you've just written.

My biggest lefty pet peeve now - the pens attached to card machines at store checkouts are often attached on the right side, and the little cord isn't long enough to pull it all the way over to the left side to sign my name. I once told a checkout girl this, and I think she thought I was insane.

I did learn how to use a scissors right-handed, and a few other things to make it easier. I read that handed-ness exists on a spectrum, so some people are more comfortable adapting certain things to their non-dominant hand. I play sports right-handed - I used to think it was because it was always demonstrated that way - but using my right hand for sports is the way it feels natural. I can't even hold a pen in my right hand, though. Weird that writing/eating and throwing feel comfortable with different hands.
                Last edited by jen; 08-14-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Check out the International Left-Handers Day sale-diddily-ale at the Leftorium this weekend!
                  Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                    Here's another one - getting ink all over your hand when writing because it drags across what you've just written.
                    This was especially horrible in HS back in the 80's when erasable ink pens were the rage.

I play sports right-handed - I used to think it was because it was always demonstrated that way - but using my right hand for sports is the way it feels natural. I can't even hold a pen in my right hand, though. Weird that writing/eating and throwing feel comfortable with different hands.
                    I write lefty & play sports righty. Where I get really confused is games like air hockey. I could never settle on if I hold the blocker with my dominant hand or my throwing hand. Pool, darts, yeah they all confuse me.
                    Wisconsin Badgers: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006 NCAA Champs

Comment

My biggest lefty pet peeve now - the pens attached to card machines at store checkouts are often attached on the right side, and the little cord isn't long enough to pull it all the way over to the left side to sign my name. I once told a checkout girl this, and I think she thought I was insane.
                      At the Wegmans I go to, the pens are actually attached on the left side. We score a small victory!

Comment

Pool I play with both hands, but predominantly shoot left. No behind-the-back shots necessary. Darts still with the left, and most sports the left.

I use a mouse with the right hand, send morse code right-handed (lot easier when you're trying to copy, you don't have to switch hands), right-handed pencil sharpener, play guitar/bass/various viols right-handed.

Also, fellow southpaws, fear not, for the Europeans will not look down on you for how you use a knife and fork!
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 08-14-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Happy Lefty Day! You guys all going to the Left-orium to celebrate?
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Basically left-handed (when in doubt, lefty), but generally ambidextrous.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by zamboni crash-test dummy View Post
                              This was especially horrible in HS back in the 80's when erasable ink pens were the rage.
                              I hated those things! They never worked right.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                              X