PDA

View Full Version : WCHA 2010 Predictions Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

moose97
09-07-2010, 10:39 PM
A middle of the pack ccha team with several new players that prefer the new coaches playing style and hopefully work ethic and the best coaching staff around should make a difference. The Mavs have played in michigans barn they can hand anyone else's fans.

I'm a Northern Michigan Alum, so take note of this cautionary tale:

NMU finished 8th in the WCHA in '96-'97, and while there were extenuating circumstances*, moved to the CCHA and finished 4th a year later. That's the most recent version anyone has of teams switching between the conferences, so a little skepticism is warranted...

*NMU had 6 or 7 players kicked off the team about midway through the '94-'95 season, and most of them were freshmen (between '87-'88 and the year before the kids were kicked off: '93-'94, NMU didn't finish out of the top half of the WCHA, and during that 6 year stretch had 4 NCAA appearances and won the national title). By '97-'98, the tough recruiting job of basically losing a whole class was diminished at least somewhat.

brianvf
09-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Euro actually makes me long for the popped-collar dope that hasn't been around lately.

Oh dear, no! ;)

4four4
09-08-2010, 12:29 AM
The Mavs have played in michigans barn they can hand anyone else's fans.

Seriously?

Almost every barn in the WCHA is loud, big and intimidating. Unlike other leagues around the country a three goal lead at home or on the road isn't safe. You watch as UNO finds out how tough life is on the road will be night in and night out. I will go out on a limb and say they will have a losing record on the road and not finish in the top half of the WCHA.

goldy_331
09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Euro actually makes me long for the popped-collar dope that hasn't been around lately.

Oh dear, no! ;)

I think he meant the other one, not you brian. :p

BRM
09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Again, that is why the guys play the games.

I am sticking by my prediction that UNO will do better than 8th place in the WCHA. I may be wrong, but I think UNO has more game than most of you are giving them credit for.

I will also make this prediction:

Omaha will be the favorite place to road trip to in the WCHA in the 2011-12 season after people see what is there.

willythekid
09-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Corn?

SJHovey
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM

I am sticking by my prediction that UNO will do better than 8th place in the WCHA. I may be wrong, but I think UNO has more game than most of you are giving them credit for.

Omaha will be the favorite place to road trip to in the WCHA in the 2011-12 season after people see what is there.

You could be right. Candidly, most of us WCHA fans know very little about UNO or it's players. It'll be fun to have them in the league.

I'm curious about your last prediction. I'm making the trip to Omaha for the UND series, and I've also been to Omaha a number of times before (not for hockey). No disprespect, but I have a hard time believing the WCHA Final 5 road trip can ever be topped for most WCHA fans. What can we look forward to that will make Omaha a favorite road trip?

Runninwiththedogs
09-11-2010, 05:25 PM
You could be right. Candidly, most of us WCHA fans know very little about UNO or it's players. It'll be fun to have them in the league.

I'm curious about your last prediction. I'm making the trip to Omaha for the UND series, and I've also been to Omaha a number of times before (not for hockey). No disprespect, but I have a hard time believing the WCHA Final 5 road trip can ever be topped for most WCHA fans. What can we look forward to that will make Omaha a favorite road trip?

If it's not **** naked men, then no, it's not going to be my favorite road trip.

I've seen Nebraska.

MinnesotaNorthStar
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM

Omaha will be the favorite place to road trip to in the WCHA in the 2011-12 season after people see what is there.And I think the middle of the pack WCHA teams have more game than you're giving them credit for. UNO is not used to the physicality of the WCHA. The season will wear them down. I think UNO will finish anywhere from 7-9.

Dirty
09-11-2010, 07:39 PM
If it's not **** naked men, then no, it's not going to be my favorite road trip.

I've seen Nebraska.

Have you seen Nebraska naked though?

MinnesotaNorthStar
09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Have you seen Nebraska naked though?
I don't think she'd want to....

SCSU Euro
09-13-2010, 01:59 AM

I'm very much looking forward to going to Omaha this year, but throwing out the Final 5 (its not a traditional road trip, plus I live in the Cities) I don't see Omaha topping Madison.

Dude Love
09-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm very much looking forward to going to Omaha this year, but throwing out the Final 5 (its not a traditional road trip, plus I live in the Cities) I don't see Omaha topping Madison.

Madison is two of the drunkest road trips I've ever had. I remember wandering down State Street thinking there was no open bottle law in Wisconsin. :)

bigblue_dl
09-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I've been to Omaha, I'm pretty sure it is at about #8 on the list of road trips. :rolleyes: