PDA

View Full Version : WCHA 2010 Predictions Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

brianvf
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Also, a really great rivalry needs to have championships on the line every now and then. Nothing is better than beating your rival when they are ranked number 1, or in the playoffs for a Championship.

I think this is why the UND/UMN rivalry has fizzled a bit in the last few years.
I mean, when was the last time that UMN was ranked #1, made the playoffs, or competed for any sort of championship (they couldn't even win the Dodge Cupcake Classic last year!)? ;) :D

SCSU Euro
09-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Lee is also the biggest choker in the league/country.

Why, did Hjelle flee to Canada?

Plus the Final Five last year. Plus the MN State Tournament.

He won a **** title in the MN State Tourney, then the next year he played it on one leg, but Mike Lee on one leg still beats whoever else they could've put in net. And the Final Five? You mean when he shutout and stole the game against Wisconsin? Motzko should've gone with a Lee/Dunn rotation that week and the next, but c'est la vie.

Runninwiththedogs
09-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Why, did Hjelle flee to Canada?

He won a **** title in the MN State Tourney, then the next year he played it on one leg, but Mike Lee on one leg still beats whoever else they could've put in net.

What swear word are you using there? I can't even imagine. Is it just d.a.m.n.? Because if so, laaaaaaame.

Hjelle will probably flee either to St, Cloooud or Buttmidji. And he certainly didn't choke for Team Cougar.

icehawk
09-01-2010, 08:57 PM
I think this is why the UND/UMN rivalry has fizzled a bit in the last few years.
I mean, when was the last time that UMN was ranked #1, made the playoffs, or competed for any sort of championship (they couldn't even win the Dodge Cupcake Classic last year!)? ;) :DAnd I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Dirty
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
And the Final Five? You mean when he shutout and stole the game against Wisconsin? Motzko should've gone with a Lee/Dunn rotation that week and the next, but c'est la vie.

See choker would mean losing in big games. He choked at the State Tournament, he choked in the Gold Medal game and he choked in the F5 Championship.

Runninwiththedogs
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
See choker would mean losing in big games. He choked at the State Tournament, he choked in the Gold Medal game and he choked in the F5 Championship.

Also the regional final.

SCSU Euro
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
What swear word are you using there? I can't even imagine. Is it just d.a.m.n.? Because if so, laaaaaaame.

Yes ma'am, lame indeed.

You're just bitter because you wasted your first overall pick on him. :D

Dirty
09-01-2010, 11:03 PM
You're just bitter because you wasted your first overall pick on him. :D

Very true. I shall redeem myself this Sunday though.

HarleyMC
09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
You do stick to your shtick, don't you Harley? Does that make you... Happy?

shtick? Does that make you... Jewish?:D You're such a putz.

Blackheart
09-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Also, a really great rivalry needs to have championships on the line every now and then. Nothing is better than beating your rival when they are ranked number 1, or in the playoffs for a Championship.

a great example is Minnesota beating the hell out of UND for the National Championship in 1979. Who doesn't like that?

I think alaska is missing that part.

Really? MN won 4-3...is that beating the hell out of someone? Well, you seem to have a lot of posts here so you must know what you are talking about...;)

SCSU Euro
09-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Very true. I shall redeem myself this Sunday though.

How, by not showing up? That's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Dirty
09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
How, by not showing up? That's a bold move Cotton, we'll see if it pays off.

You'll see. You'll see. You'll see. You'll see.

JF_Gophers
09-02-2010, 08:40 AM
1. Minnesota
2. Michigan Tech
3. Minnesota-Duluth
4. North Dakota
5. St. Clooud
6. Wisconsin
7. Denver
8. Bemidji State
9. Colorado College
10. Minnesota State-Mankato
11. Nebraska-Omaha
12. Alaska-Anchorage

bigblue_dl
09-02-2010, 09:24 AM
1. Minnesota
2. Michigan Tech
3. Minnesota-Duluth
4. North Dakota
5. St. Clooud
6. Wisconsin
7. Denver
8. Bemidji State
9. Colorado College
10. Minnesota State-Mankato
11. Nebraska-Omaha
12. Alaska-Anchorage
This is probably not likely.

FadeToBlack&Gold
09-02-2010, 09:33 AM
1. Michigan Tech
2. Minnesota
3. Denver
4. Wisconsin
5. Michigan State
6. Minnesota-Duluth
7. Michigan
8. Colorado College
9. North Dakota
10. Notre Dame

Oh, wait...you said 2010, not 1975. :p

Runninwiththedogs
09-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Yes.

Dirty, come to MN this weekend for the "draft party."

SCSU Euro
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM

Second time in like a month my computer did that. I've gotta stop posting on my desktop.

Dirty, come to MN this weekend for the "draft party."

Where you guys drafting at?

Runninwiththedogs
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Where you guys drafting at?

My house. This year MEg won't be too busy playing hide the salami with Biddy to draft. Which means we will have 3 tight ends and Jon Campion.

Draft party is for collusion purposes only. We need to do it less overtly this year.

Dirty
09-02-2010, 06:27 PM
My house. This year MEg won't be too busy playing hide the salami with Biddy to draft.

What a coincidence, that's why I can't make it this year.

SCSU Euro
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
My house. This year MEg won't be too busy playing hide the salami with Biddy to draft. Which means we will have 3 tight ends and Jon Campion.

Draft party is for collusion purposes only. We need to do it less overtly this year.

Nice. Well Mitch and I are doing it together for the same reason... the salami hiding, not the collusion. I don't think even if we colluded he could make the playoffs.