This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

A blog post comparing the circumstances behind the D'Amigo and Jarred Tinordi signings http://toomanymenonthesite.com/2010/...-circumstances.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      A blog post comparing the circumstances behind the D'Amigo and Jarred Tinordi signings http://toomanymenonthesite.com/2010/...-circumstances.
      Boy, the first part of the first sentence is not only demeaning, it's flat wrong.

One of them is a former 6th round pick who had to go to a little school in upstate New York without much recent success to play hockey,
      Well, if that isn't a slap in the face to both Jerry and RPI, I don't know what is. Jerry was obviously overlooked on draft day, but he was hardly overlooked by colleges, IIRC. It's not like he was settling for RPI.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Boy, the first part of the first sentence is not only demeaning, it's flat wrong.

Well, if that isn't a slap in the face to both Jerry and RPI, I don't know what is. Jerry was obviously overlooked on draft day, but he was hardly overlooked by colleges, IIRC. It's not like he was settling for RPI.
        It also was a slap at Michigan among others. I was thinking about saying something, but I calmed down as I read through the article. He also was not entirely correct when he wrote "Jerry D’Amigo wasn’t highly regarded coming into the draft" near the end. He was ranked considerably higher than 6th round although not as high as Tinordi was a year later.

It clearly was the author's intent to paint what JD'A did as better than what Tinordi did, and I agree with that.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is definitely quite a slap. It is a low blow. But the part about RPI not having much success lately does make a point-we have not been a force in the 21st century.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It also was a slap at Michigan among others. I was thinking about saying something, but I calmed down as I read through the article. He also was not entirely correct when he wrote "Jerry D’Amigo wasn’t highly regarded coming into the draft" near the end. He was ranked considerably higher than 6th round although not as high as Tinordi was a year later.

It clearly was the author's intent to paint what JD'A did as better than what Tinordi did, and I agree with that.
            Michigan??

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Michigan??
              He wrote "One of them is a former 6th round pick who had to go to a little school in upstate New York without much recent success to play hockey," If JD'A had to go to RPI, then the other schools who were after him, including Michigan, rank even lower in the author's mind. Thus, it was a slap against Michigan.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Someone has probably mentioned it already, but I suspect that if JD'A returns in December with the U20 team, he will get a standing ovation -- even from the south side of the HFH.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In case others did not see the link to the bios, here is what they said about Koudys:

He still needs to gain weight.
                  If JDA can gain 20 pounds of muscle, why can't Koudys? That's why he's playing college: excellent training.

Comment

This guy can slap away...have at it; JDA isn't going to lose sleep over his backhanded description of this week's events.

The Notre Dame topic is one at which I s******...they came to see the B.R.O. a # of times in 2008-9. The asst. coach finally showed up for what was to be the game that would be the springboard to the official visit. Unfortunately, the B.R.O. had been suspended the night before for fighting (AJHL rule...can't remember if it was playoffs or not...that league had a one game rule somewhere). The words the AC said to me rang in my ears for a while, "Is there a character issue with your son? Notre Dame only wants players with the best character..." I will not say here what I said there. Since then, it seems as though ND tends to recruit players from the bar scene in Star Wars ... they've had a rash of arrests and sundry other incidents. I know my story is unrelated to the article, but the mention the author made of Tinordi brought our experience back...I'm done now...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      This guy can slap away...have at it; JDA isn't going to lose sleep over his backhanded description of this week's events.

The Notre Dame topic is one at which I s******...they came to see the B.R.O. a # of times in 2008-9. The asst. coach finally showed up for what was to be the game that would be the springboard to the official visit. Unfortunately, the B.R.O. had been suspended the night before for fighting (AJHL rule...can't remember if it was playoffs or not...that league had a one game rule somewhere). The words the AC said to me rang in my ears for a while, "Is there a character issue with your son? Notre Dame only wants players with the best character..." I will not say here what I said there. Since then, it seems as though ND tends to recruit players from the bar scene in Star Wars ... they've had a rash of arrests and sundry other incidents. I know my story is unrelated to the article, but the mention the author made of Tinordi brought our experience back...I'm done now...
                      Perhaps they're a poor judge of character? Maybe they don't realize that a great hockey player is intense and aggressive from puck drop to 3rd siren (unless the game is tied), but one of the nicest people any other time?

Comment

"Only" 87 posts on Thursday.
                        Are you counting these?

I think maybe we were just all denying similar to Darth Vader as portrayed many times on YTMND, and now that he's gone, it's time to move on.

BTW, so much for my prediction that the off-season threads would die down by #2 or #3. This time, we should start the in-season thread a lot later than we did last year; superstition may attribute that as to why our season ended relatively early.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Are you counting these?

I think maybe we were just all denying similar to Darth Vader as portrayed many times on YTMND, and now that he's gone, it's time to move on.

BTW, so much for my prediction that the off-season threads would die down by #2 or #3. This time, we should start the in-season thread a lot later than we did last year; superstition may attribute that as to why our season ended relatively early.
                          I looked for the post number of the first and the post number of the last, subtracted the two numbers and added one.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Are you counting these?

The variety of discussion is what has kept everyone engaged (including outside posters who are impressed with the dedication of our thread 'weavers')...the excitement is building because everyone here knows there is something very special beginning to take place...simple as that

Comment

ECACHL release about Patrick Koudys selected to partcipate in the NHL R&D Camp http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...evelopmentCamp. Nothing on the RPI site yet.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He wrote "One of them is a former 6th round pick who had to go to a little school in upstate New York without much recent success to play hockey," If JD'A had to go to RPI, then the other schools who were after him, including Michigan, rank even lower in the author's mind. Thus, it was a slap against Michigan.
                                Ah, so. I did not make the connection-must be my part timer's disease acting up again or alcoholic dementia creeping in.

Comment

Working...
                                X