X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
    P.S. What happened to the "all five of us are coming back" statement?
    Thats called coaching staff and athletic department not telling players to think before they say. Im sure at the time it wasnt meant in all honesty, but when you have money and the chance to make the big club staring you in the eyes you have to think long and hard about what is right for you and your career. I wish Jerry nothing but the best in his quest to achieve his dream of playing in the NHL. He wanted to play on team USA in the WJC and he accomplished that and more, so I dont see where he will fail in this next dream of his.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I wasn't planning to go to the exhibition game between RPI and the US national junior team, anyway.

But it had been a concern of mine that the game would be something of a farce, with RPI players under strictest orders not to hit a certain player on the opposing team.

I guess this takes care of that worry.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        It really has; even the seats have a glow to them that wasn't realized, and they weren't even painted (based upon what was said here)!

The window seems to provide an "advantage", as it were, given which way we face in the 1st and 3rd periods, during the day games. Also incentive to not go to overtime with the new rule. However, why do I have this feeling that America's Pep Band might be wearing sunglasses during the games, ESPECIALLY given which direction the building faces?
        ...and looking cool is bad because...?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
          Sorry for your loss. The circumstances with D'Amigo were different to those of Leblanc in that D'Amigo wasn't risking hampering his development by staying in RPI.

P.S. What happened to the "all five of us are coming back" statement?
          Sorry for your loss? - First off he didn't die lol.....secondly I know Jerry is a great player and will be a great player at the NHL level, but this is not the RPI D'Amigo's. Jerry is a great player, but RPI will still be a great team this year. I think we have to still view our team as a great team. Yes, it would have been very nice to have him this year but I think we could have saw this coming. This just means someone else is going to have to step up. Cullen is a great candidate especially after attending Capitals camp. Goulet will give us 10 goals. RPI has the tools to compete this year better than last year. York is a year older and will be a force in the net.

Jerry will be missed on the ice at RPI, but October is coming fast and I know the rest of the boys will be ready for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Thankfully the Men don't play day games...4PM starts are as close as they come and by that time of year, the sun is low in the sky.
            Low in which direction from the windows?

Comment

Congratulations to Jerry. If the money is there you've got to take it. The game has just gotten so fast that there is just too much injury risk to keep kids in school. If BP were leaving I'd say it was a big mistake. JDA seems to have something about him though that makes me think the he'll eventually succeed even if he leaves a tad early. And that extra 20 lbs may have been the only thing he lacked.

I like the press statements. Say what you want about Burke but he's a class act and he's certainly not one of those GM's who thinks all kids need to go the Junior Major route.

I happened to be in Troy this past Friday for the first time in a few years. Didn't make it inside the HFH so thanks for the pics boys. The campus looks great - especially compared to some of the other parts of Troy. Hope to make it back for the exhibition against the junior team and would not be surprised to see JDA lining up on the other blue line. Is that junior game at the HFH? If so... will I need to buy season tickets just to get to that one game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Oh boy, 2nd time in a month I've run afoul of Babo. I'm off to change my signature now...I'll revert to an old favorite until some inspiration for a new one strikes me.
                You keep it up and I'll have to permanently change my thread name to Tanya H.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                  Low in which direction from the windows?
                  Windows face west. A problem in the summer. Not a big deal in the winter. October is a good question. Perhaps we were forward enough thinking to get glass that can be tinted electronically:

http://www.facilitiesnet.com/buildin...s.asp?id=3110&

Comment

COACH said that a exhibtion game is still on plan vs a canadian team before the trip to CC.

Brutal will stay at offense all year, no matter what (quote from him)

York will be more rested through out the year during nc. So he is ready for ecac play (quote from a player)

good luck jerry you will be missed
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Thank you for the laugh...I fall for it every time...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        What title? The title of this thread???
                        Why are all the comments particularly hysterical today?

Comment

You keep it up and I'll have to permanently change my thread name to Tanya H.
                          Hmmm... is this why there are rumors about Jeff Gillooly being the BRO's personal checking coach?

Comment

...and looking cool is bad because...?
                            The cliché is SO 80's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0BCk9nDdc

Comment

Why are all the comments particularly hysterical today?
                              The New Moon was yesterday?
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                here is a story that we haven't seen on Jerry. I'm hoping Doctor Baer will pay for a translator to see if there are any new pieces of info .
                                http://www.nhl.cz/CZ/22590/utocnik_d...ple_leafs.html
                                No translation needed...I know you wrote this the other night when you'd had the "coupla' tree dozen boila' mayka's"...trying to show off again!

Comment

Working...
                                X