X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Off-season thread V: Captain Kennedy and the A-Team

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Except it was Two Amigos and a D'Amigo.
    I am not exactly sure what you mean, but Pirri and D'Amigo do appear to have been friends. It's Laliberte who has been the one who has been on the outside in several ways.

Someone suggested that Laliberte could come this Fall if D'Amigo leaves for the pros. Considering everything else that has happened, it wouldn't entirely surprise me.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I am not exactly sure what you mean, but Pirri and D'Amigo do appear to have been friends. It's Laliberte who has been the one who has been on the outside in several ways.

Someone suggested that Laliberte could come this Fall if D'Amigo leaves for the pros. Considering everything else that has happened, it wouldn't entirely surprise me.
      Of course they are, I believe at the time it was a play on words given one of the players' last name contains "Amigo".

Comment

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...arance-at-camp

Seems to be all but a done deal. I do find it frustrating that going Major Junior appears to be one of the options (at least in the Leafs thinking -- not D'Amigo's from what I've read) on the table. Do they want Jerry to light it up against 16 year olds in the OHL -- make him a goal scoring machine in their future plans? Strikes me as a weak (step backwards) reason to leave the NCAA.

I understand Leblanc leaving to get an 'in' with the World Junior Team that is so pro-Major Junior in Canada -- but D'Amigo doesn't have to worry about that. I bet you he ends up in the AHL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Toronto_1 View Post
          http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...arance-at-camp

Seems to be all but a done deal. I do find it frustrating that going Major Junior appears to be one of the options (at least in the Leafs thinking -- not D'Amigo's from what I've read) on the table. Do they want Jerry to light it up against 16 year olds in the OHL -- make him a goal scoring machine in their future plans? Strikes me as a weak (step backwards) reason to leave the NCAA.

I understand Leblanc leaving to get an 'in' with the World Junior Team that is so pro-Major Junior in Canada -- but D'Amigo doesn't have to worry about that. I bet you he ends up in the AHL.....
          I agree that the Marlies are his most likely destination this year, but until he actually signs, there is hope he will be back in Troy,
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

jordan watts is also gone. opening up the pk unit to someone else. probly one of the frosh.
            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              jordan watts is also gone. opening up the pk unit to someone else. probly one of the frosh.
              Maybe Justin Smith will get a role there? I almost also want to think maybe Joel Malchuk, or a short-handed playmaker like AAG.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                Rumor has it, it's actually possible to take pictures inside now without the need for a flash or the overhead lights on. But hey, I guess that's what nice big front windows can do for the place.
                Great job with the pics JC...those windows are nice! Looks like we're getting the old scoreboard back.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Went to the Valleycats baseball game tonight. Got there right at the end of opening ceremonies. But most of the RPI team was there lined up along the third base line. Was in line with a few of our players old enough to enjoy the 2 for 1 beer night tonight. Good to see they took a night off to enjoy some baseball and get everyone in the Capital Region ready for hockey season.
                  Uggh, forgot all about it or I would have gone over....
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    Not really surprising.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was thinking about "RPI 2010 Off-Season Thread VI: Adios D'Amigo," but it would probably earn me a facepalm or three.
                      Not only that, you'd be fired from starting threads, with cause.

We filed that one under "iffy source" after GLM told us about Damien Cox's proclivity for regurgitating stuff that others have written. Which was definitely accurate, as he didn't say anything new in that article other than to make it sound like it was already done.

Today should be the day, though, and I do expect a deal to get done. Jerry has an outside shot at a top-six position, a good shot at making the Leafs, and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't at least make the Marlies.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                        Rumor has it, it's actually possible to take pictures inside now without the need for a flash or the overhead lights on. But hey, I guess that's what nice big front windows can do for the place.
                        I heard that the ceiling paint job really brightened up the barn. From your photo it looks like the old scoreboard is back, although rumoers persist that it is goig to be replaced.

Comment

He scares me, and you really can't trust him. This appears to be a very good article; well researched; thoughtful relevant quotes. Then you see the correction below it and wonder. He takes a random comment from who knows where and attributes it to Appert. We’ve all made mistakes; but that it certainly a whopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                            I heard that the ceiling paint job really brightened up the barn. From your photo it looks like the old scoreboard is back, although rumoers persist that it is goig to be replaced.
                            It really has; even the seats have a glow to them that wasn't realized, and they weren't even painted (based upon what was said here)!

The window seems to provide an "advantage", as it were, given which way we face in the 1st and 3rd periods, during the day games. Also incentive to not go to overtime with the new rule. However, why do I have this feeling that America's Pep Band might be wearing sunglasses during the games, ESPECIALLY given which direction the building faces?

Comment

He scares me, and you really can't trust him. This appears to be a very good article; well researched; thoughtful relevant quotes. Then you see the correction below it and wonder. He takes a random comment from who knows where and attributes it to Appert. We’ve all made mistakes; but that it certainly a whopper.
                              We don't necessarily know that it was Ed who wrote that original "quote." The article referenced is written by the "sports staff" at The Record.

Comment

Despite the scoreboard being on the ground in those photos, I'm still of firm belief that there will be a new scoreboard going up in its place this offseason. The person I spoke with said that the old board was in place to allow for doing a mock-up of the new scoreboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X