Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack Offseason thread - preseason rank 10th again? I think not

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
    Hopefully, Coach Yopyk and his assistants will guide the development of these recruits while keeping them relatively content. With these kids playing on the other side of the continent from Hockey East, there is always a concern that they will renege on their commitment. For example, there is the lure of the Kelowna Rockets, the major junior team just across the lake from the Westside Warriors.
    There is always a risk that recruits will jump ship for the WHL, CHL QMJHL etc, but I know recently, Merrimack has built their team on these far away recruits in the BCHL and AJHL. To name a few Kyle Bigos, Chris Barton, Jordan Heywood, Karl Stollery, Mike Collins, Jesse Todd and Brendan Ellis.

Plus it is an advantage for two advocates of college hockey in Yopyk and Gough to have a hand in their development.
    "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
    "Why?"
    "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Rene Rancourt will be singing the National Anthem at Lawler on October 16th

http://merrimackathletics.com/sports...chedule_201011
      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

you probably don't need any sort of promotion to fill the place on October 30th, Halloween or no Halloween

Comment

I am intrigued for February 12 and the Merrimack Hall of Fame Weekend.
          http://merrimackathletics.com/sports...chedule_201011

Here is the question: which Merrimack hockey players (D1 or D2) should be in the Hall of Fame?
          "Why?"

Comment

Merrimack football kicks off today in Stony Brook PA! Not that slightly half of hockey east knows anything about college football.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              Merrimack football kicks off today in Stony Brook PA! Not that slightly half of hockey east knows anything about college football.
              Especially D2 College Football.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                this half does and i do watch what MC football is doing.........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  this half does and i do watch what MC football is doing.........
                  I'm more of a hockey fan than a football fan (wouldn't be in the fan forum otherwise, right? ) but it was really impressive to see QB James Suozzo run for 4 TDs. He is a great athlete...

On the hockey side of things, let's talk lines: who do you pair Da Costa with this season to start things off?
                  "Why?"

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
                    On the hockey side of things, let's talk lines: who do you pair Da Costa with this season to start things off?
                    Barton's an obvious choice since they were together almost all of last season. Putting Brodhag on RW would make a pretty nasty line, but I think Brodhag played with Cucci most of last season, so Dennehy might wanna keep him on the 2nd line. If I'm not mistaken, Velleca played on the top line quite a bit, so I guess that could work again.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      Barton's an obvious choice since they were together almost all of last season. Putting Brodhag on RW would make a pretty nasty line, but I think Brodhag played with Cucci most of last season, so Dennehy might wanna keep him on the 2nd line. If I'm not mistaken, Velleca played on the top line quite a bit, so I guess that could work again.
                      Three ten goal scorers on one line sounds like a win-win . Velleca (8 goals) will definitely be in the mix too, he offers a ton of speed on the wing to take lead passes from Barton or Da Costa.

The second line is a tough one to discern, you have to think Cucci sticks as the center there with Brodhag/Velleca filling out one wing and then possibly Jesse Todd or Mike Collins rounding it out. Collins is a finisher, no doubt but Todd has a big frame and has two years under his belt with Dennehy.
                      "Why?"

Comment

Three ten goal scorers on one line sounds like a win-win . Velleca (8 goals) will definitely be in the mix too, he offers a ton of speed on the wing to take lead passes from Barton or Da Costa.

The second line is a tough one to discern, you have to think Cucci sticks as the center there with Brodhag/Velleca filling out one wing and then possibly Jesse Todd or Mike Collins rounding it out. Collins is a finisher, no doubt but Todd has a big frame and has two years under his belt with Dennehy.
                        Have to agree, have to think that Cucci would stay there and they'll be some battles for the other spots. We've seen in the past that Dennehy isn't afraid to mix things up.

@SalvucciM

Comment

FYI -The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit for 2011 or 2012.
                          Dan Kolomatis-RD Tri-City (USHL) 6' 170 5-11-91

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                            FYI -The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit for 2011 or 2012.
                            Dan Kolomatis-RD Tri-City (USHL) 6' 170 5-11-91
                            Very nice kid and a very good player. Will add some offensive punch on the power play. Would have been top 2 in Chicago this year but when Kevin Lind left early and went to Notre Dame, Tri City exercised their trade agreement and pulled him over.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                              Very nice kid and a very good player. Will add some offensive punch on the power play. Would have been top 2 in Chicago this year but when Kevin Lind left early and went to Notre Dame, Tri City exercised their trade agreement and pulled him over.
                              Interesting, good to see Dennehy go after another strong offensive defenseman! Given that he is a '91 do you see him adding more height/muscle to that frame before he arrives on campus?
                              "Why?"

Comment

Interesting, good to see Dennehy go after another strong offensive defenseman! Given that he is a '91 do you see him adding more height/muscle to that frame before he arrives on campus?
                                I would guess he would play at his current weight, maybe add 7-10 tops. His game is speed and quickness. Different than a lot of the d Dennehy has been bringing in size wise.

This is him with Steel last year scoring on power play. Last game of year, out of playoffs,a little sloppy. He is number 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOlYhSrdRWE

His older brother David went the major junior route, late draft pick and played with Manchester Monarchs last season in AHL. Dman with good success last year.
                                Last edited by Hokydad; 09-09-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X