Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Time to drop a deuce: the second MN Gopher Offseason Thread

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    Soooooo now that Penn State is joining the hockey world.... What are the chances that as a house warming present we can pawn off Lucia on them?
    Aren't he and John Hill a package deal?
    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
      Soooooo now that Penn State is joining the hockey world.... What are the chances that as a house warming present we can pawn off Lucia on them?
      I think the new conference possibilities add to Lucia's job security. Now everyone is distracted from the team and UM won't want to rock the boat with a coaching change during the transition.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        I think the new conference possibilities add to Lucia's job security. Now everyone is distracted from the team and UM won't want to rock the boat with a coaching change during the transition.
        NOT what I wanted to hear..... I think you might be right though. **** Penn State..... another reason to HATE the flea bitten kitty....
        - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
        Go you Green and White
        Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight with all your might!
        Rah! Rah! Rah!
        We are here to cheer you
        We are out to win your fame,
        So, Go Bemidji Beavers
        Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

your turn to get the bump
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Not everything was a unmitigated disaster last season as the Gophers had their best academic success in school history with an average grade-point average of 3.02. They got the "student" thing down, this season they'll be working on the hockey part.

Comment

Hey Gopher fans,

I'll be visiting Mariucci for your opening weekend against my Massachusetts Minutemen. I am wondering where the visitors section is... (unfortunately, CHTG is down for some reason).

I don't think your ticket office sent the visitors allocation to UMass, but your ticketing website allows section selection...

Thanks for your help!
              Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
              University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
                Hey Gopher fans,

I'll be visiting Mariucci for your opening weekend against my Massachusetts Minutemen. I am wondering where the visitors section is... (unfortunately, CHTG is down for some reason).

I don't think your ticket office sent the visitors allocation to UMass, but your ticketing website allows section selection...

Thanks for your help!
                The visitor seat allocation that goes to the team is behind and next to the visitor bench so low in sections 8 and 9 are the visitor sections. Unfortunately the Wild will be in Helsinki that weekend so even if Wellman sticks with them, you won't get a chance to catch him at the Xcel.

Enjoy your visit, but I hope you see two losses by your club.

Comment

Thanks goldy!

Unfortunately, section 8 and 9 are sold out on the website. I've contacted the UMass ticket manager and he is working with Minnesota in finding me a seat at both games... if he doesn't succeed, I'll just get the best available tickets from the website.

I am hoping for great injury-free games by both teams (and two Ws by the Minutemen of course), and, besides hockey, I am looking forward to witnessing the legendary Minnesota Skating Cheerleading Squad in person.
                  Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                  University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

I am looking forward to witnessing the legendary Minnesota Skating Cheerleading Squad in person.
                    Just don't get to close. Their tons of makeup may rub off on you when you don't even know it.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Just don't get to close. Their tons of makeup may rub off on you when you don't even know it.
                      Doesn't change the fact that both of you would like to rub one out on them.

Comment

Thanks goldy!

Unfortunately, section 8 and 9 are sold out on the website. I've contacted the UMass ticket manager and he is working with Minnesota in finding me a seat at both games... if he doesn't succeed, I'll just get the best available tickets from the website.

I am hoping for great injury-free games by both teams (and two Ws by the Minutemen of course), and, besides hockey, I am looking forward to witnessing the legendary Minnesota Skating Cheerleading Squad in person.
                        Sigh... I had a snide remark about just showing up and buying a ticket on the street and sitting wherever you want because there will be plenty of empty seats, but I decided it wasn't appropriate to post.

I just got rickrolled in this thread... and I loved it.
                        Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
                        INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                          Sigh... I had a snide remark about just showing up and buying a ticket on the street and sitting wherever you want because there will be plenty of empty seats, but I decided it wasn't appropriate to post.

I just got rickrolled in this thread... and I loved it.
                          You better get you tickets because who knows you may never see UND at Mariucci ever again.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I am hoping for great injury-free games by both teams (and two Ws by the Minutemen of course)
                            The Minutemen will have to find a way to compensate for the huge loss of their top five scorers from last season.

It's been a loooong off season but the Gopher's season start with UMass is now less than two weeks away. The two teams last met in 2004, a 1-0 Gopher win with Ryan Potulny scoring with 31 seconds left. Once again, I think UMass goes home empty handed and the Gophers kick off the season with a series sweep.

Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              You better get you tickets because who knows you may never see UND at Mariucci ever again.
                              That decision will rest with the Gofers.
                              License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                                That decision will rest with the Gofers.
                                Yeah...so be nice to us or you can kiss our Big Ten Azz goodbye!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X