No announcement yet.

Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Offseason (Continued)

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    Zero chance of that, I'd say. HC would not be helpful at the gate or in terms of the PWR (in fact I think it would hurt the PWR just to face them). Plus our OOC schedule is maxed out, I believe.
    nice idea though and i'd bet a lot of the older alumni (yes, older than me) would love to raise it against "The Cross" as they used to say........i think a lot of them still hold close the notion of HC as our rival. you know, can't teach old dogs new tricks my generation, no, we never had that passion against them as our rivals. it was kinda dead by that time even though the game was still played into the mid 80's i think, i digress

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      Zero chance of that, I'd say. HC would not be helpful at the gate or in terms of the PWR (in fact I think it would hurt the PWR just to face them). Plus our OOC schedule is maxed out, I believe.
      All of those are very good reasons, Joe... To futhur prove me wrong, Holy Cross is playing Notre Dame in St. Louis in the Ice Breaker Tourney that night...

Bentley is open though...
      Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

The only way BC could possibly play either Holy Cross or Bentley would be as an exhibition game if the Toronto game falls through because of the football conflict. That to me would be an acceptable exhibition banner night. The Holy Cross or Bentley players and fans would actually enjoy it as well. Not likely but it is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          The only way BC could possibly play either Holy Cross or Bentley would be as an exhibition game if the Toronto game falls through because of the football conflict. That to me would be an acceptable exhibition banner night. The Holy Cross or Bentley players and fans would actually enjoy it as well. Not likely but it is a possibility.
          Why would BC play an exhibition game against a D1 school? When was the last time they did this? Do any D1 schools do this?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            Why would BC play an exhibition game against a D1 school? When was the last time they did this? Do any D1 schools do this?
            It is more commonly referred to as a scrimmage. Holy Cross and AIC scrimmage on October 3. Seems to me it would not be a bad way to get a Bentley or Holy Cross into Conte without wasting an OOC game but instead using up an exhibition that is allowed. Not sure if they were D1 schools at the time but BC did play UMass and Notre Dame that way many years ago.

Comment

Add BU's Coyle to the list of Dumoulin admirers from Jr. Nat'l eval camp.
              http://mayor119.blogspot.com/2010/08...-usas-wjc.html

Coyle - "We had some solid guys on D. I'd go with Brian Dumoulin (Carolina) from Boston College. [note: that's quite the compliment coming from a guy heading to Boston University in the fall] He's not really flashy or anything. But, when he has the puck you always know it's coming out. I hadn't played with him before, so he impressed me.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Boston College and BU always have top programs. I enjoy watching them play year after year!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                  Boston College and BU always have top programs. I enjoy watching them play year after year!
                  welcome to the thread, it's most entertaining i think it's great when there are new people coming on to the Fan Forum, we need to grow the numbers

Comment

For anyone who might be interested, I'm having a sale on prints at http://HockeyPhotography.com (BC-related galleries) - ten percent off through September 12 by using coupon code TEN at checkout. THIS gives all the details.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested, even other threads (I decided 2 postings was max I could do w/o being obnoxious so am just putting here and in BU thread).

-Melissa

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                      For anyone who might be interested, I'm having a sale on prints at http://HockeyPhotography.com (BC-related galleries) - ten percent off through September 12 by using coupon code TEN at checkout. THIS gives all the details.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested, even other threads (I decided 2 postings was max I could do w/o being obnoxious so am just putting here and in BU thread).

-Melissa
                      Just bought a couple of prints. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, what's the difference between matte, glossy and the other option?
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        Just bought a couple of prints. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, what's the difference between matte, glossy and the other option?
                        Thanks. Lustre is the in-between choice; has some of the pros of each of the others. I explained it as best as I could here (3rd item) - http://hockeyphotography.com/faq

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                        HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                          I decided 2 postings was max I could do w/o being obnoxious
                          It's anything but obnoxious. Your photography is a great addition to the sport, and telling people where to find it is a public service.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                            It's anything but obnoxious. Your photography is a great addition to the sport, and telling people where to find it is a public service.

Keep up the great work.
                            i concur

Comment

Thanks to both of you, but since I am the one selling something it could be seen as an inappropriate message board post. But please feel free to post it in other threads, other message boards, facebook, twitter, etc. :-)

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Aug 13, 9:47 PM EDT

This from the Associated Press today.

Obama to honor NCAA student athletes.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama next month will honor student athletes from dozens of colleges and various sports with a reception at the White House.

The White House said Friday the NCAA student athletes will be recognized for their accomplishments in the classroom as well as on and off the playing field including their efforts to give back to their communities. The reception Sept. 13 continues a tradition begun by President George W. Bush.

The students and champion teams represent a wide range of women's and men's sports including golf, bowling, water polo and fencing as well as ice hockey, skiing, lacrosse, tennis, volleyball and softball.
                                Last edited by jdevoejr; 08-14-2010, 08:04 AM.
                                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Working...
                                X