PDA

View Full Version : HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

bothman
09-23-2010, 10:02 PM
His 2009-10 line: 30-1-8-9 24PIM. He might be in a white coat very soon...:D

Just cause he gave the heisman to RPI, no need o whine over spilled milk...:D

Ralph Baer
09-24-2010, 04:52 AM
Just cause he gave the heisman to RPI, no need o whine over spilled milk...:D

:confused:

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Alex Biega , Harvards captain and a player who just signed a 3 year contract with the Sabres only had 10 pints, to Grimshaws 9...

Yeah, Grimshaw's game is so similar to Biega's its hard to tell them apart.:p Point is, for a good-sized "stay at home" Dman, he's often invisible on the ice. But that's a nuance, I don't expect your addled mind to grasp.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah, Grimshaw's game is so similar to Biega's its hard to tell them apart.:p Point is, for a good-sized "stay at home" Dman, he's often invisible on the ice. But that's a nuance, I don't expect your addled mind to grasp.

You were the fool who talked over and over again about points. Would have been 3rd last year at RPI, 2nd the year before. RPI must have a lot of ghosts on the ice as well

Played every game(outside injuries) starting his freshmen year when he was 18.

PS, he isnt invisible, stands out very well but if he was, like a good ref, thats nota bad thing.

Thats a nuance your to stupid to get.

For being invisible, sure gets a ton of ice and has so every game since he was an 18 year old, unlike RPI's Bergin who was a 20+ year old freshman. He was your only soph Dman...

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
...Thats a nuance your to stupid to get...

:eek: I rest my case. :D Adios.

Nick Papagiorgio
09-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know about the specific player we're talking about, but saying that he's invisible is the ultimate compliment for a stay-at-home defenseman. Rob Scuderi was invisible in four years at BC but the Penguins and LA Kings surely didn't write his paychecks in invisible ink, that's for sure. No one cares if he has 1 point, all they want is for him to get the puck out of his end safely with a good chip or outlet pass and have a good +/-.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Nuance
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Look up nuance in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Nuance is a small or subtle distinction

Slappah/slapit doesnt get the small distiction...

He also would watch a Rob Scuderi play and tell Pro teams he is avg, doesnt stand out enough and didnt have enough points.

Grimshaw is a high energy, very accountable player who logs a ton of minutes for Harvard. A great kid and has a great future. Every kid should have his problems Epitomizes a Harvard hockey player.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Scuderi is playing out his 13.6 million dollar contract and the other D from BC

The top 6 d were

Forrest
Allen
Scuderi
Orpik
Peterson
Hughes

Out of those 6, only 2 are playing in the NHL

Scuderi and Orpik

Guess how many goals Orpik had that year, his sr one?

0, zero....

I guess they were not noticed by slappingit as well.

bothman
09-24-2010, 01:50 PM
:confused:

I thought that RPI wanted Grimshaw and he even took a visit there. If that is not true than I stand corrected.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought that RPI wanted Grimshaw and he even took a visit there. If that is not true than I stand corrected.

They were one of the first to contact him as he is a NY kid.

Harvard was his firsct choice always

Ralph Baer
09-24-2010, 02:13 PM

Yes, we were after him, but I still don't understand what this has to do with Heisman.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Yes, we were after him, but I still don't understand what this has to do with Heisman.

The stiff arm... I.e. no thanks, going to Harvard

Nick Papagiorgio
09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Scuderi is playing out his 13.6 million dollar contract and the other D from BC

The top 6 d were

Forrest
Allen
Scuderi
Orpik
Peterson
Hughes

You're close. Hughes moved up to forward by the end of his career (great GWG against UNH in the final minutes of a RS game late in his senior year under very difficult family circumstances). You're forgetting the infamous #5 Bill "Mama" Cass.

Bottom line, when you have a one goal lead with a minute left to play in the Stanley Cup Finals, you need a Scuderi to put on the ice to take care of business and not a Sergei Gonchar. You and I know that. Some other people don't apparently...

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
You're close. Hughes moved up to forward by the end of his career (great GWG against UNH in the final minutes of a RS game late in his senior year under very difficult family circumstances). You're forgetting the infamous #5 Bill "Mama" Cass.

Bottom line, when you have a one goal lead with a minute left to play in the Stanley Cup Finals, you need a Scuderi to put on the ice to take care of business and not a Sergei Gonchar. You and I know that. Some other people don't apparently...

The coaches loved him.. Guess they didn't check with slappingit before they signed him.

Cass was solid but didnt log the same number of games as the other 6.

Ralph Baer
09-24-2010, 03:08 PM
The stiff arm... I.e. no thanks, going to Harvard

Thanks

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
They were one of the first to contact him as he is a NY kid.

Harvard was his firsct choice always

Wrong again El Dud-O. Michigan was first. He visited RPI last.

First he's Biega, now he's Scuderi...I can't keep track.

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks

Anytime...

Hokydad
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Wrong again El Dud-O. Michigan was first. He visited RPI last.

First he's Biega, now he's Scuderi...I can't keep track.

Bye...

Thats strange, RPI sent him a letter when he was playing for his public hs, 2 years before he went to natl program and was contacted by them

Nice try though on your part. Stick to rumors, I will stick to the facts

Wicked Slappaahs
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Thats strange, RPI sent him a letter when he was playing for his public hs, 2 years before he went to natl program and was contacted by them

That was Fridgen writing love letters, but don't let the facts slow you down.

So is he a Biega clone or Scuderi-esque ???...just so I can learn from His Greatness?

alslammerz
09-24-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't know about the specific player we're talking about, but saying that he's invisible is the ultimate compliment for a stay-at-home defenseman.

Truth. Pretty much the only time you get your name in the paper (excluding fights) is if you score a goal or were the one to give up a goal. As a defensive defenseman, you're not doing much of the first, so if your name is in the paper a lot :eek: . See Redden, Wade. (Maybe not the best example since he could, I guess, be an offensive defenseman but the point stands.)

Give me an "invisible" defensive defenseman over a pylon any day of the week.

Also, WS, it was Nick who said "invisible" defensive defensemen were Scuderi-like; nobody on here directly compared him to Grimshaw. Now why don't you just head back to the RPI thread so I can go back to ignoring hokydad instead of defending him? I'm all for stirring the pot but yeesh...