PDA

View Full Version : HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

NIMH78
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
A little pre-mature but its a start.

http://thecollegehockeyblog.com/2010/08/22/2010-11-ecac-hockey-preview/

ALONZO
09-11-2010, 10:56 PM
A little pre-mature but its a start.

http://thecollegehockeyblog.com/2010/08/22/2010-11-ecac-hockey-preview/

Very interesting that this publication picks Ryan Carroll as the goalie on the all-ECAC first team. No other Crimson player mentioned. To no one's surprise Yale players dominate the picks. Could be they are building a dynasty.

GO CRIMSON!

BC/HE
09-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Just found this on the Swedish Junior team site.

http://www.swehockey.se/Landslag/Herr/Team-20/4-games-in-November-2010/

Looks like Harvard has an exhibition against them November 1.

yaledoc
09-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Very interesting that this publication picks Ryan Carroll as the goalie on the all-ECAC first team. No other Crimson player mentioned. To no one's surprise Yale players dominate the picks. Could be they are building a dynasty.

GO CRIMSON!

Building a dynasty?......... I hope so. As to the choices on the blog,
I can't disagree with Little or O'Neill. As for Denny Kearney...... great young man who, like sister Hannah, swims in a very deep athletic gene pool, BUT...... he is NOT a defenseman!!!!!:)

bothman
09-13-2010, 02:09 PM
New recruit, Brian Hart, formerly out of Brewster Academy and now a Junior with Exeter copming to Harvard for 2012. 6'1'' 200lb Forward who was the 2nd leading scorer last year.

Seems as though we beat out both Cornell & UNH for his services.

bothman
09-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Bruins Blog on Petr Placek:

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2010/09/prep-player-overlooked-petr-placek.html

Skate79
09-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Good news on these recent recruits. Perhaps the tables are starting to turn and the talent will head to Cambridge instead of Chestnut Hill and Commonwealth Ave. We might have to endure one or two more difficult seasons but like the early 80's, things can turn fast.

What I wouldn't give to clone the Fuscos, Laney, Sheehy, Tim Smith, Ciavaglia, Weisbrod and CJ and bring them to Bright next season. Along with Melrose to clock a few Big Red and BC skaters.

bothman
09-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Good news on these recent recruits. Perhaps the tables are starting to turn and the talent will head to Cambridge instead of Chestnut Hill and Commonwealth Ave. We might have to endure one or two more difficult seasons but like the early 80's, things can turn fast.

What I wouldn't give to clone the Fuscos, Laney, Sheehy, Tim Smith, Ciavaglia, Weisbrod and CJ and bring them to Bright next season. Along with Melrose to clock a few Big Red and BC skaters.

Not happening yet. Harvard was on the running for Sam Piazza, who just recently committed to BC.

Aside from a family connection (Biega), I can't think of a recruiting battle we have won vs BC in the last 3 or so years. The only ones potentially are Grimshaw (I think we won over Michigan & Cornell), Killorn (not sure BC was in picture here), and Leblanc (I think we won over BU).

Hokydad
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Not happening yet. Harvard was on the running for Sam Piazza, who just recently committed to BC.

Aside from a family connection (Biega), I can't think of a recruiting battle we have won vs BC in the last 3 or so years. The only ones potentially are Grimshaw (I think we won over Michigan & Cornell), Killorn (not sure BC was in picture here), and Leblanc (I think we won over BU).

Grimshaw is a very bright, focussed kid. Always wanted Harvard....

Wants to be a dr after his playing days are over

Onion Man
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Who cares?

mookie1995
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Grimshaw is a very bright, focussed kid. Always wanted Harvard....

just like angelo esposito :rolleyes:

ALONZO
09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
There's an interesting spread in team rankings among ECAC prognosticators.
The Coaches Poll has us at #7; the Media Poll at #10 and the fan poll on Vic's "Pick the Standings" has us vying with Clarkson for #s 11 and 12. Let's hope the Coaches know more than the rest of us!

It's been quite a while since the Crimson have been held in such low esteem. The upside is that no other team will be focusing on us. Hopefully they may take us for granted.

Along with the team rankings the Coaches selected a pre-season all conference team. George Hughes, a sophomore at St. Lawrence, was picked as one of the defensemen. He made the all-rookie team last year. As many of us know George's father and uncle were standouts at Harvard. We should have had the inside track on this guy. What happened?

GO CRIMSON!

Hokydad
09-22-2010, 09:11 PM
There's an interesting spread in team rankings among ECAC prognosticators.
The Coaches Poll has us at #7; the Media Poll at #10 and the fan poll on Vic's "Pick the Standings" has us vying with Clarkson for #s 11 and 12. Let's hope the Coaches know more than the rest of us!

It's been quite a while since the Crimson have been held in such low esteem. The upside is that no other team will be focusing on us. Hopefully they may take us for granted.

Along with the team rankings the Coaches selected a pre-season all conference team. George Hughes, a sophomore at St. Lawrence, was picked as one of the defensemen. He made the all-rookie team last year. As many of us know George's father and uncle were standouts at Harvard. We should have had the inside track on this guy. What happened?

GO CRIMSON!

What happened? Harvard didnt try for him, period. Him or his brother. To focussed on some kid from Ottawa who was being home schooled or the next Crosby from Montreal who mistook Harvard for the Halifax Moosehead....

bothman
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
What happened? Harvard didnt try for him, period. Him or his brother. To focussed on some kid from Ottawa who was being home schooled or the next Crosby from Montreal who mistook Harvard for the Halifax Moosehead....

And such is recruiting....

Some guys that you peg as studs turn out to be duds and vice versa. Let's just say that the Harvard staff got this one wrong.

Wicked Slappaahs
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
...Wants to be a dr after his playing days are over

His 2009-10 line: 30-1-8-9 24PIM. He might be in a white coat very soon...:D

Hokydad
09-23-2010, 04:51 PM
His 2009-10 line: 30-1-8-9 24PIM. He might be in a white coat very soon...:D

and your kid will be asking him if he wants fries or onion rings with the order....

9 points by a shutdown dman is solid

Wicked Slappaahs
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
...9 points by a shutdown dman is solid
If he actually played like a shutdown D man, I might agree.

Hokydad
09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
If he actually played like a shutdown D man, I might agree.

He does, with an O flair.

I wouldnt worry about him, he has it figured out on and off the ice. You have a lot to worry about, he is not one of them

Wicked Slappaahs
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
He does, with an O flair.

... You have a lot to worry about, he is not one of them

You're right, I'm not the least bit worried about him.

If 12 points in 53 career games qualifies as offensive "flair" then Teddy is in more trouble than I thought.

Hokydad
09-23-2010, 09:50 PM
You're right, I'm not the least bit worried about him.

If 12 points in 53 career games qualifies as offensive "flair" then Teddy is in more trouble than I thought.

Alex Biega , Harvards captain and a player who just signed a 3 year contract with the Sabres only had 10 pints, to Grimshaws 9

9 Would have placed him 3rd in D scoring at RPI last year and 2nd the previous year.

Looks like you should be spending more time worrying about Seth than Teddy....