Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I think that was pretty much Kelper's point right there. Which side of the line is BC on?
    EagleHockey isn't very good at answering questions if the answer doesn't jive with his position.

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
      I think he would. He's a Harvard grad with a great reputation from his playing days there. I think deep down, every good player would love to coach at his alma mater (York @ BC, Parker @ BU, Umile @ UNH, etc).
      Take a look at the recruits Kevin has heading to UVM in the next 2+ yrs.-- they're loaded. He's not going anywhere before these guys take him on a run or two or three.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Interesting parallel - BC Football & Harvard Hockey
        10,000 foot level, lads.

I think you guys missed the point; since harvard grads think they are so superiorily intelligent than anyone else, I'll spell it out for you:

1.) Harvard Hockey is in dire straights with Donato at the helm - even in recruiting.

2.) BC hockey has the ability to recruit better than average hockey players and fill a solid 4 lines and go on to win national championships.

3.) BC has been climbing the princeton review the last decade by 40+.

4.) I agree with Slasher7... BC is on par with Duke, Vandy and Virginias of NCAA, Harvard is par with Brown.

As a side note, I think Sneddon is a hell of a better coach than Donato.

Anyone care to buy my 2 Section 6 season tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Take a look at the recruits Kevin has heading to UVM in the next 2+ yrs.-- they're loaded. He's not going anywhere before these guys take him on a run or two or three.
          Loaded? For UVM I guess, but for a Hockey East power they are not. I'll take BC's or BU's classes the next two years over UVM's. I think if Sneddon can go to Harvard and have success, he could be a king at that school.

He's obviously a good coach and a good recruiter who already knows Harvard. UVM will always have BC and BU to look up at. Sneddon could dominate the ECAC at a place like Harvard (like Donato should have if he wasn't so **** incompetent).

Comment

Interesting parallel - BC Football & Harvard Hockey
            Bothman, from the quote of mine you cited... how do you come up with BC Football and H Hockey?

Regardless of your answer, don't you think it is time to get rid of Donato? Answer honestly. How many 9 win seasons does Harvard need before they take action?

Face it, a .500 season would be considered a success after Ted crapped on the program. In the last two decades Harvard hockey has been dormant, ill, and ineffective in the Beanpot and tournies - though you'll cry the couple of Whitelaws.

" ...you can tell a Harvard man, but you cannot tell him much!"

Seriously, I have two Section 6 season tixs for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
              Bothman, from the quote of mine you cited... how do you come up with BC Football and H Hockey?

Regardless of your answer, don't you think it is time to get rid of Donato? Answer honestly. How many 9 win seasons does Harvard need before they take action?

Face it, a .500 season would be considered a success after Ted crapped on the program. In the last two decades Harvard hockey has been dormant, ill, and ineffective in the Beanpot and tournies - though you'll cry the couple of Whitelaws.

" ...you can tell a Harvard man, but you cannot tell him much!"

Seriously, I have two Section 6 season tixs for sale.
              BC football is the most over-hyped program in New England, bar none. Now they panic because they realize that UConn will soon leapfrog them (just like basketball). The writing is on the wall.

Donato's last 2 seasons at Harvard are what they are - underperformance to say the least. I don't think folks are ready to run him out of town just yet. I think if this continues for two more seasons, then that outcome will be under consideration.

Comment

10,000 foot level, lads.

I think you guys missed the point; since harvard grads think they are so superiorily intelligent than anyone else, I'll spell it out for you:

1.) Harvard Hockey is in dire straights with Donato at the helm - even in recruiting.

2.) BC hockey has the ability to recruit better than average hockey players and fill a solid 4 lines and go on to win national championships.

3.) BC has been climbing the princeton review the last decade by 40+.

4.) I agree with Slasher7... BC is on par with Duke, Vandy and Virginias of NCAA, Harvard is par with Brown.

As a side note, I think Sneddon is a hell of a better coach than Donato.

Anyone care to buy my 2 Section 6 season tickets?
                This whole diatribe is laughable. Where to start. Let's go point by point.

1) Dire straits? No. Recruiting in shambles? No. See Harvard's Class of 2011 (oh, and Zach Mitchell was a part of that class before he bolted to MJ) and come back at me with how bad it is. Can't wait for that one.

2) BC is a better hockey program than Harvard. There, I said it. Are you happy? How's BC football while we're on the subject of BC?

3) Alleluia! BC is known as the USC of New England. It's where all the wealthy New England parents send their kids who weren't smart enough to go Ivy, yet wealthy enough to afford BC's tuition.

4) BC on par with Duke and UVA? Dude, go take a cold shower and lay off the Johnson & Johnson baby oil!

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                  Loaded? For UVM I guess, but for a Hockey East power they are not. I'll take BC's or BU's classes the next two years over UVM's. I think if Sneddon can go to Harvard and have success, he could be a king at that school.

He's obviously a good coach and a good recruiter who already knows Harvard. UVM will always have BC and BU to look up at. Sneddon could dominate the ECAC at a place like Harvard (like Donato should have if he wasn't so **** incompetent).
                  The discussion involved Sneddon leaving UVM for H, not how his recruits stack up against HE...I know its hard to believe there is a world beyond Chestnut Ridge, but its true.

As Swami correctly pointed out, if one bothers to look and see the kids Sneddon has coming to UVM vs. the kids at H, then the math is easy..he's not going anywhere for at least 2 yrs.

Nick Lukko - 6th rnd. '10 draft
                  Zegmus Girgensons - '11 draft eligible who many think has 1st rnd game & had several HE offers
                  Mike Pagliotta - USNDTP (offered by Michigan & Harvard)
                  Connor Brickley - #49 CSB and named to the U-18 WJC team

That's just a few of the recruits lined up, in addition to the kids currently in Burlington.
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-01-2010, 04:51 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

BC football is the most over-hyped program in New England, bar none. Now they panic because they realize that UConn will soon leapfrog them (just like basketball). The writing is on the wall.
                    Who exactly is over-hyping BC football? They are what they are--a solid football program. Every now and then they'll have a special year. Since Tom O'Brien arrived years ago, they've been on the brink of a BCS game three separate times. Sure they never made it, but two of those losses were to Virginia Tech. That's not over-hyping a program. Everyone knows what they are. A consistent program that will win between 7-9 games a year.

Also, obviously UConn has a top basketball program, but enough about their football program for now. They too are solid, but haven't done anything to indicate that they are close to surpassing BC. It just isn't accurate. There is no writing on the wall.

How's BC football while we're on the subject of BC?
                    Not here to defend this other poster, but again, what exactly do you mean by this? There are plenty of programs around the country who wish they could have the consistent success BC has had over the past decade.
                    Last edited by J.D.; 09-01-2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

This whole diatribe is laughable. Where to start. Let's go point by point.

1) Dire straits? No. Recruiting in shambles? No. See Harvard's Class of 2011 (oh, and Zach Mitchell was a part of that class before he bolted to MJ) and come back at me with how bad it is. Can't wait for that one.

2) BC is a better hockey program than Harvard. There, I said it. Are you happy? How's BC football while we're on the subject of BC?

3) Alleluia! BC is known as the USC of New England. It's where all the wealthy New England parents send their kids who weren't smart enough to go Ivy, yet wealthy enough to afford BC's tuition.

4) BC on par with Duke and UVA? Dude, go take a cold shower and lay off the Johnson & Johnson baby oil!
                      1.) Yes, dire straights. Seems you consider consecutive 9 win seasons a success, but most in college hockey would say, "Hey, what's going on there?!" Sure '11 is going to suddenly perform miracles, right? In fact, they wanted to have a couple of miserable seasons just so they can "pour it on" this year.

2.) Harvard once had a great program, but Cleary cannot coach forever. Cleary was a gifted coach who could get the most out of his players, but Donato is downright horrible for that program.

3.) There are schools that are tougher than Harvard, BC is not one of them, so compare a Chem E major from H to Berkley or MIT, Williams, Amherst, McGill, the service academies, etc. Most Ivy kids would never admit to that, so I do not blame you for your arrogant attitude. It is all perspective, but you kids always seem to look down your nose at anyone who is not from another Ivy as though you are better and superior - that is why most people detest your ilk. So jerking the chain of snot nosed kids like you is always a pleasure because you really believe the hype of your school; maybe it is all you have? Maybe you are rich as a Rockefeller, who cares, you still act like a pompous arse. Harvard is not as great as you think it is, maybe your time/memories there was nice. Harvard has been riddled in various scandal, sexual harassment/assault, homophobia, crime/murder/suicide, grade inflation, racism/race relations, bigotry. I was accepted in to Harvard College ('84), by the way, but my family did not have the money; BC offered me a full academic ride - the BC of '84 is not the BC of today, we were a Tier 2, now BC is a Tier 1 # 32. But to you, I am a commoner, I can live with that. I'll still enjoy watching college hockey as sport.

4.) Personal jab? I think you are the one in the cold shower in San Francisco with your man friend and oil - stay there and fight for your gay marriage.

It is a shame to see where the program has gone, under the leadership of Donato, Mazzoleni, and Tomassoni. I've been following Harvard Hockey, as a regular for over 30 years. You are too biased, and you seem to ignore the iceberg in front of you.
                      Last edited by eaglehockeyrules; 09-01-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

1.)
                        It is a shame to see where the program has gone, under the leadership of Donato, Mazzoleni, and Tomassoni. I've been following Harvard Hockey, as a regular for over 30 years. You are too biased, and you seem to ignore the iceberg in front of you.
                        Is it fun for you to come in here from your scarlet and golden chariot and cast stones?

You've made the same tiresome rant for about 3 months now. Are you looking for new answers? Is this your version of a few cold ones on a Friday night?

We've all told you that Harvard hockey isn't what it used to be. We've all told you that Donato and the team's recent performance both stink. We've all told you how much we envy BC's program and how it reminds us of Harvard's hockey prowess in the 1980s (over 20 yrs now).

I'm still trying to figure out where you are coming from - Someone who doesn't have much going on in life (to come back here with these redundant rants) or someone who is looking for a lot of validation because your favorite hockey team is better than ours. Either way, coming to a Harvard thread and bashing the program (over and over again) isn't going to solve either problem for you.

Someone tee up European Vacation so we can all cue EagleHockey to recite "Big Ben....Parliament" over and over again!

Comment

Not to interrupt a good Harvard vs. BC argument (Harvard bringing a knife to a gun fight as usual here) but I just wanted to remind everyone that Louis LeBlanc wisely gave his finger to the Crimson program for a better one in Canada. Ha-Ha.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Is it fun for you to come in here from your scarlet and golden chariot and cast stones?

You've made the same tiresome rant for about 3 months now. Are you looking for new answers? Is this your version of a few cold ones on a Friday night?

We've all told you that Harvard hockey isn't what it used to be. We've all told you that Donato and the team's recent performance both stink. We've all told you how much we envy BC's program and how it reminds us of Harvard's hockey prowess in the 1980s (over 20 yrs now).

I'm still trying to figure out where you are coming from - Someone who doesn't have much going on in life (to come back here with these redundant rants) or someone who is looking for a lot of validation because your favorite hockey team is better than ours. Either way, coming to a Harvard thread and bashing the program (over and over again) isn't going to solve either problem for you.

Someone tee up European Vacation so we can all cue EagleHockey to recite "Big Ben....Parliament" over and over again!
                            There you go, with the personal insults.

No, I do not drink "cold ones" and I have nothing against folks who do, but you cannot even hide your contempt for those who do enjoy a cold one can you Bothman? The average person is so beneath you, right?

You represent the arrogant Harvard alum well; I trust you did matriculate to The College? Or are you the guy on here who holds many Ivy degrees, but not from Harvard and is a huge hockey fan?

If you want a copy of the '89 NC I'll send you a copy, that you can watch over and over whilst Springsteen's "Glory Days" plays in the background. Hmm, but even that is probably too blue collar for you. However, you'd probably prefer to cue up Milk and watch that over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man
                              This message is hidden because Onion Man is on your ignore list.
                              Originally posted by eagleshockeyrules
                              This message is hidden because eaglehockeyrules is on your ignore list.
                              This thread keeps getting easier and easier to read.

My advice for true Harvard fans: "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
                              Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                              Go Crimson!

Comment

There you go, with the personal insults.

No, I do not drink "cold ones" and I have nothing against folks who do, but you cannot even hide your contempt for those who do enjoy a cold one can you Bothman? The average person is so beneath you, right?

You represent the arrogant Harvard alum well; I trust you did matriculate to The College? Or are you the guy on here who holds many Ivy degrees, but not from Harvard and is a huge hockey fan?

If you want a copy of the '89 NC I'll send you a copy, that you can watch over and over whilst Springsteen's "Glory Days" plays in the background. Hmm, but even that is probably too blue collar for you. However, you'd probably prefer to cue up Milk and watch that over and over.
                                Nothing like a guy who comes on these threads and admits that he is a homophobe. Real class!

Al - you are right. Eaglehockey is on ignore from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X