PDA

View Full Version : HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

Goals For Good
07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Hello friends of ECAC hockey,

My name is Kevin McNamara, and I will be a senior on Colgate's hockey team this year. I've had an idea for a charitable project for the past few years, and I wanted to make sure I implemented it before I finished playing for Colgate and in our league. I’ve spoken with Commissioner Hagwell, and this season the teams of the ECAC are going to join together in a project called Goals for Good.
It will be a campaign relying on the competitiveness of the teams, fans, and alumni bases of the teams in the ECAC. "Goals for Good" will be based out of a website, and on the front page, there will be a standings table, much like the one on the ECAC site, except it will rank teams by money raised. Each team will pair up with a charity or cause close to their university or community.
The front page on the website will have a link to each team/partner charity page which will explain the relation. There will also be a donate button on that page. There will be different options for donations. A donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the duration of the season (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University scores this season), a donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the course of a weekend series (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University will score this weekend against Harvard University and Dartmouth College), or a donor could donate a one-time amount (example: John Smith will donate $5 to Colgate University and Charity XYZ).
As of now, we are working on finishing the website. I am also trying to spread the word of the initiative as much as possible to build a fan base for the start of the season and the launch of the website. Goals for Good is trying to build its fan base through a Facebook Fan Page. You can find the Fan Page at www.facebook.com/goals4good. It would great if you could “Like” the initiative and spread the word. I am also new to this process, so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for breaking your thread, and thank you very much for your time and support.

Kevin McNamara

bothman
07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
We will see how this plays out over time, but Harvard's 2012 recruits look to be pretty well regarded:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69970

Of Note:
Brian Hart - A
Devin Tringale - A
Marc Biega - B (I'm assuming this is a slam dunk)

FlagDUDE08
07-05-2011, 12:06 PM
We will see how this plays out over time, but Harvard's 2012 recruits look to be pretty well regarded:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69970

Of Note:
Brian Hart - A
Devin Tringale - A
Marc Biega - B (I'm assuming this is a slam dunk)

How many Biegas can there be?!?!?! They must reproduce like rabbits! :eek:

bothman
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
How many Biegas can there be?!?!?! They must reproduce like rabbits! :eek:

Marc Biega is the last of them. I wish that there were more!

alslammerz
07-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Alex Killorn video (http://www.ecachockey.com/men/members/harvard/20111007_KillornTampaProspectsCampVideo) from Tampa Bay prospect camp. He talks a little bit about Harvard towards the middle and end of the video.

Skate79
07-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Alex Fallstrom is participating in the Bruins development camp. So far, no word on his progress. He was not mentioned by Fluto Shinwaza, the Bruins beat writer, as a camp standout. Only a few really stood out and they have more experience than Alex so it's early. But you have to believe that this coming season is important and the Bruins will be keeping their eyes on him. He needs to step up his game.

alslammerz
07-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Alex Fallstrom is participating in the Bruins development camp. So far, no word on his progress. He was not mentioned by Fluto Shinwaza, the Bruins beat writer, as a camp standout. Only a few really stood out and they have more experience than Alex so it's early. But you have to believe that this coming season is important and the Bruins will be keeping their eyes on him. He needs to step up his game.

Saw a couple of quotes online today. Fallstrom was doing well 1v1 and scored an impressive PP goal, according to the tweets.

Edit- At least one of the quotes was from Joe Haggerty, (@hackswithhaggs).

bothman
07-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Some commentary on Fallstrom here:
http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/

mwade
07-15-2011, 04:54 PM
O'Connell hiring finally announced - http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mice/2011-12/releases/110715_oconnell

bothman
08-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Assistant Coach Patrick Foley is gone....headed to Northeastern as an assistant.

sam12
08-02-2011, 01:56 PM
An assistant coach trade...any ideas on the newest assistant coach?

alslammerz
08-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Harvard announces incoming freshman class:

Forwards:
Colin Blackwell (MA)
Ryan McGregor (Switzerland)
Tommy O'Regan (MA)
Petr Placek (CT)
Mike Seward (MA)

Defensemen
Max Everson (MN)
Mark Luzar (Ont.)
Patrick McNally (MA)

Goaltender
Stephen Michalek (CT)

There should be something on the blog sometime this week with more thoughts.

bothman
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Ryan McGregor is a new name and one that I am relatively unfamiliar with. I will do some digging, but I do like the World Junior pedigree.

Now that the class has been formally announced, I will do some analysis around future needs with regards to recruiting

ALONZO
08-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I see where Brayden Jaw is now a Princeton recruit. Could this be a repeat of the Calof incident? My guess is that Admissions withdrew its tentative acceptance and Princeton is willing to accept new players any time.

Overall this looks like a potent incoming class. It's easy to get excited but we must remember that the recruits of two years ago, now juniors, were equally impressive........and that led to nothing except a descent into the Ivy League cellar.

Let's hope we have a better result this time.

GO CRIMSON!

alslammerz
08-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Hello friends of ECAC hockey,

My name is Kevin McNamara, and I will be a senior on Colgate's hockey team this year. I've had an idea for a charitable project for the past few years, and I wanted to make sure I implemented it before I finished playing for Colgate and in our league. I’ve spoken with Commissioner Hagwell, and this season the teams of the ECAC are going to join together in a project called Goals for Good.
It will be a campaign relying on the competitiveness of the teams, fans, and alumni bases of the teams in the ECAC. "Goals for Good" will be based out of a website, and on the front page, there will be a standings table, much like the one on the ECAC site, except it will rank teams by money raised. Each team will pair up with a charity or cause close to their university or community.
The front page on the website will have a link to each team/partner charity page which will explain the relation. There will also be a donate button on that page. There will be different options for donations. A donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the duration of the season (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University scores this season), a donor could donate by the amount of goals that a team will score over the course of a weekend series (example: John Smith will donate $1 for every goal that Colgate University will score this weekend against Harvard University and Dartmouth College), or a donor could donate a one-time amount (example: John Smith will donate $5 to Colgate University and Charity XYZ).
As of now, we are working on finishing the website. I am also trying to spread the word of the initiative as much as possible to build a fan base for the start of the season and the launch of the website. Goals for Good is trying to build its fan base through a Facebook Fan Page. You can find the Fan Page at www.facebook.com/goals4good. It would great if you could “Like” the initiative and spread the word. I am also new to this process, so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Sorry for breaking your thread, and thank you very much for your time and support.

Kevin McNamara

The Crimson have partnered with the Friends of Jaclyn foundation, continuing last year's work with that organization. It's a great cause and the players loved their association with Friends of Jaclyn last season.

bothman
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I see where Brayden Jaw is now a Princeton recruit. Could this be a repeat of the Calof incident? My guess is that Admissions withdrew its tentative acceptance and Princeton is willing to accept new players any time.

Maybe. Maybe Harvard wanted to park him in JRs for another year while Princeton said he could play this year. Who really knows.

What I do know is that Jaw is more of a journeyman and not the impact player that Calof was penciled in to be (and very well turned out to be).

bothman
08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Harvard has secured its first 2014 recruit - Riley Hunt. A 1995 born Center out of British Columbia, Riley will play for Vernon in the BCHL this season.

bothman
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Harvard's Future Recruiting Needs:

This assumes that existing recruits stay committed and existing playes stay on the team. I also assumed that if a players was slotted to come in 2 different years, they would come the earlier year:

2011-2012

Total Roster (18 returning, 9 incoming) --> 27
Total Forwards (10 returning, 5 incoming) --> 15 (3 extras)
Total Defenseman (7 returning, 3 incoming) --> 10 (4 extras)
Total Goalies (1 returning, 1 incoming) --> 2 (1 extra)

Harvard has typically had 3 goalies on the roster so I would not be surprised to see a walk-on of some sorts here.

2012-2013

Total Roster (20 returning, 7 incoming) --> 27
Total Forwards (10 returning, 6 incoming) --> 16 (4 extras)
Total Defenseman (8 returning, 1 incoming) --> 9 (3 extras)
Total Goalies (2 returning, 0 incoming) --> 2 (1 extra)

I would say that unless they bring in a goalie, Harvard is largely done for its Class of 2012

2013-2014

Total Roster (20 returning, 1 incoming) --> 21
Total Forwards (11 returning, 0 incoming) --> 11 (1 Shortfall)
Total Defenseman (7 returning, 1 incoming) --> 8 (2 extras)
Total Goalies (2 returning, 0 incoming) --> 2 (1 extra)

I would say that Harvard will bring in another 5-7 recruits for this class:
Probably 4-5 forwards, 1 defenseman, and a goalie (if not secured in previous classes). Does anyone know who some of Harvard's top 2013 targets are at this point? Eddie Ellis, Anthony Duclair, Alex Hagerty, etc? Would Marc Biega be willing to do a year in Juniors? Otherwise, you have a very crowded defense.

Harvard did secure its first 2014 recruit (Riley Hunt), but this is too far out to being to speculate at this point.

sam12
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Players will be back on campus in less than 10 days, any idea on who the 2nd assistant coach will be?

Also, my two cents worth on Jaw. Something that happens this late in the summer points to me towards Donato asking him to wait another year at the last minute, and Jaw deciding to go elsewhere where he would be really wanted.

bothman
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Players will be back on campus in less than 10 days, any idea on who the 2nd assistant coach will be?

USHR said that Jerry Forton, formerly an assistant at Umass Lowell, will be the 2nd assistant coach. I have not seen anything official from Harvard.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/forton_jerry00.html