Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HARVARD CRIMSON 2010-2011 - A New Beginning

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    I was not. Clarkson had a dismal home record. Congrats to the Crimson. You move on and we move on to the golf coarse. . BTW according to the Clarkson broadcast the 5 min major was a joke especially looking at the replay between the 2nd and 3rd periods. Alslammerz, did you see the play. What did the view thru the Crimson glasses say. Just curious.
    I happened to be tuned in to WHRB.com after the first half of the basketball game when the Pokuluk incident occured. The announcers said that Donato immediately called for a five minute major. They also said that Pokuluk went to the penalty box and then skated off to the dressing room without any delay. He apparently hit Everson in the head when Everson did not have control of the puck. If that was the case the game disqualification is automatic. I merely pass this along for what it's worth.

GO CRIMSON!

Comment

Hanover here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Hanover here we come!
        You said it! Although the matchup isn't the best for us, I still like our chances. We're playing much better of late and if Carroll continues to play well, we might have a chance. I'm pretty sure this series is going three games unless Dartmouth blows us out in Game 1 and we lose our confidence. Don't see it happening but you never know.

Comment

Missed the Everson hit too, but with Kroshus and Mccollem having been out for a quite long while now with concussions, I don't mind a 5 minute call on a hit to the head.

I think Dartmouth is a nice matchup, as earlier in the year the team got embarrassed, so hopefully that means Dartmouth is cocky and we are angry!

Comment

The following have until Friday at 7PM to get their 2nd Round picks into the ECAC Pick The Playoffs

95virago
            alslammerz
            BigRedBrouhaha
            Brett Gobe
            Brian Sullivan
            burgie12
            cnor79
            Go Puckman
            hawthr
            hockeyplayer1015
            jmhusker
            johnk
            Maine-iac
            Mike Hutter
            Onion Man
            Palaeopitus
            PutItBackOn
            REDaero91
            redrocker
            Rhamilton
            Rjm7272
            rockandrock44
            slu fan
            sshablak
            StayPuftMMcu
            TchrBill
            TheValleyRaider
            unionbob
            UnionPuckLove
            UnionTDX04
            vicb
            Wholin1
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Couldn't find a separate recruits thread, but looks like you's guys are getting Colin Blackwell next year: http://www.salemnews.com/sports/x449...lay-at-Harvard

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Less than 13 hours to go to get your picks in. You have until 7PM toknight

Contestant
                95virago
                Brian Sullivan
                burgie12
                cnor79
                hockeyplayer1015
                jmhusker
                johnk
                Maine-iac
                Onion Man
                PutItBackOn
                redrocker
                Rhamilton
                rockandrock44
                slu fan
                StayPuftMMcu
                unionbob
                UnionPuckLove
                UnionTDX04
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I could not go to Hanover but did listen on WHRB. Whrb had excellent broadcast coverage and I was happy for the win although I would have been happier and my blood pressure would have been a few point lower if the game had been a few points less close.

One question however. I got a phone call and missed a penalty. It was hooking by Dartmouth and embellishment by Killorn of Harvard. It is a rarely called penalty and I was wondering what happened and what it looked like.

Comment

WOW! You guys are red hot. I'm glad to see you were able to turn it around after that loss to NU in the Beanpot. I would love to see you guys continue this streak and win the ECAC Tourney. College hockey in Boston is always that much more fun when Harvard is doing well.
                    Boston College '12
                    1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      I could not go to Hanover but did listen on WHRB. Whrb had excellent broadcast coverage and I was happy for the win although I would have been happier and my blood pressure would have been a few point lower if the game had been a few points less close.

One question however. I got a phone call and missed a penalty. It was hooking by Dartmouth and embellishment by Killorn of Harvard. It is a rarely called penalty and I was wondering what happened and what it looked like.
                      Back ref called the hook, front ref called embellishment. I thought Killorn just went down with the hook to be honest.
                      Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
                      Go Crimson!

Comment

I too, hope that this winning combination continues. I still think Donato lacks a lot of coaching skill. Should have, would have, could have... Could'a been one heck of a season if Ted had benched Richter and played Carroll all season long, just what could have been?! As everyone said in this thread, way back when LeBlanc left early, this H team has a lot talent on paper - what lacks is strong conditioning and experienced coaching.

I hope they continue on, but the reality is, this is the ECAC and the teams they've played are rather weak... especially compared to ranked teams. Yes, the Beanpot Consolation win against BU was great, but it was the consolation - still a win is still a win.

Irony, H wins 7 more and hoists a national championship banner... we'll still be under .500.

Regardless of this late season flurry, IMHO, Ted should leave the program.
                        Last edited by eaglehockeyrules; 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Darn shame, better luck next year. 12-21-1 is no way a Harvard team should be going through the season. Great kids, great school, but a rotten coaching staff.

Comment

I'm as skeptical of Donato as anyone, but it tells me something when you see them play hard for him like they did down the stretch.

I'm not a Harvard fan, so what are the expectations for next year? Who do you lose? Does everyone expect an improvement?

Comment

I think it shows something that they didnt play for him all year....I think the stretch run has nothing to do with him and more to do with the players coming together and the seniors appreciating that their 4years were almost over. We see this every year; awful season and then the team decides to play at the end.

Comment

If that's the case--that they only put their best effort forward for a stretch run, that says more about the players lack of character than anything about the coach IMO. You play hard no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X