Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-2011 D111 Top 5

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
    If we want to look at top 5 in the west. Right now I'd put it like this.

3. Superior...RIT goalie brings them up a notch or two

5. Adrian....hopefully they show a little better against the eastern teams this year....all eyes will be on Adrian, MI jan 7&8 when RIT comes to town
    Superior loses an All-American and brings in a back-up? W-S doesn't seem to score a lot of goals. RIT does, and bails out their goaltending. Hopefully the switch to the JV West helps the transfer.

RIT will blow out Adrian again. It won't be close, again.
    RIT TIGERS
    2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by on2thinice View Post
      Looking forward to Amherst vs RIT 11/27 & 11/28 @ Ritter Arena, should be a great pair of games.
      Can't wait either. First game last year was great until I lost the online connection.
      The year before when Amherst/Middlebury came to Rochester was some of the best women's hockey I've seen.

Also looking forward to Plattsburgh returning for a pair in Mid-Jan.
      RIT TIGERS

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Fan View Post
        Superior loses an All-American and brings in a back-up? W-S doesn't seem to score a lot of goals. RIT does, and bails out their goaltending. Hopefully the switch to the JV West helps the transfer.

RIT will blow out Adrian again. It won't be close, again.
        back up? Last I checked Torgerson played half the games last year. My thought on Torgerson is that without her, Superior would have a goalie that has never played at the college level, she is a step up from that.

We'll have to wait and see about RIT/Adrian...I'll keep that post in mind
        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

back up? Last I checked Torgerson played half the games last year. My thought on Torgerson is that without her, Superior would have a goalie that has never played at the college level, she is a step up from that.

Torgerson may have played 1/2 of the games, but had an .877 save pct. and on the college hockey stats website (http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/national/d3w) that ranks her 58th out of 61 goalies who played in at least 33% of her teams games. While this does not bode well, I would love to see her improve as I hear she is a really good team player and nice kid. Here's to Amy having a better year!!

Comment

You're talking about the same Adrian team that went 2-6-1 against East teams, right? With two wins against Chatham and Castleton and a tie against Potsdam.
            The same Adrian team that was outscored 10-1 and outshot 97-39 in two games against RIT last year. Did they get new coaches? new team? great freshmen recruits?
            Please keep this post on file too.

As for back-up goalies, yes Torgerson was the back-up. King got both starts against Amherst, 2 of 3 starts against Elmira, and split each game against Plattsburgh. Torgerson may have started early in the year but it was clear who was starting at the end.

Hopefully the move helps. RIT has certainly made it work for a handful of transfers that needed a fresh start.
            RIT TIGERS

Comment

alrighty then...

#1 Platty - the curse isn't going to follow this squad forever. I like their Captain and the only variable here is there D corp and whatever happens in goaltending. Houle et al have some transfers coming their way, which should steady an already seasoned group.

# 2 Amherst = Ok ok, not hard to guess the 2 time defending champs will be there. Good squad, got some snipes, well coached and their back end is to be respected....right into the twine.

# 3 Norwich - Surley out of that stable they can come up with a team that finish in the top five. Their goaltending is steady and Bolding has them ready for every game. Good luck to SL on her quest.

# 4 RIT - Pains me to watch but if coach can ever get that team playing as a team...def a contender. Hint - don't run more challenged teams through the end of the rink. VooDoo Baby....she's a killer!

# 5 Elmira - A transition year for EC? Graduated...like everybody in the last 2 years. Good starter in between the pipes and keepers in the bull pen. If EC's there at the end of the year this year...it'll be because of the coaching staff.
              One thing for sure...the rook's will get plenty of ice time...question will be who's gonna step up?

The dark horses might be, in no particular order, Superior (Canadian Content), St. Norbert (Canadian Content), St Scholastica (Heavyweight Transfers) & well...I like NEC cause of their coaching.

Ummmm. Prove me wrong EC.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                alrighty then...

#1 Platty - the curse isn't going to follow this squad forever. I like their Captain and the only variable here is there D corp and whatever happens in goaltending. Houle et al have some transfers coming their way, which should steady an already seasoned group.

# 2 Amherst = Ok ok, not hard to guess the 2 time defending champs will be there. Good squad, got some snipes, well coached and their back end is to be respected....right into the twine.

# 3 Norwich - Surley out of that stable they can come up with a team that finish in the top five. Their goaltending is steady and Bolding has them ready for every game. Good luck to SL on her quest.

# 4 RIT - Pains me to watch but if coach can ever get that team playing as a team...def a contender. Hint - don't run more challenged teams through the end of the rink. VooDoo Baby....she's a killer!

# 5 Elmira - A transition year for EC? Graduated...like everybody in the last 2 years. Good starter in between the pipes and keepers in the bull pen. If EC's there at the end of the year this year...it'll be because of the coaching staff.
                One thing for sure...the rook's will get plenty of ice time...question will be who's gonna step up?

The dark horses might be, in no particular order, Superior (Canadian Content), St. Norbert (Canadian Content), St Scholastica (Heavyweight Transfers) & well...I like NEC cause of their coaching.

Ummmm. Prove me wrong EC.

I alway's knew that people from out East were smarter than folks in the West!. Good to see that GAC is not on the list, a Frozen Four member last year and lost 2 kids from last years team. They are gonna suck this year along with everybody else in the West.. What is it like to be so smart?

Comment

Originally posted by webbyboy View Post
                  I alway's knew that people from out East were smarter than folks in the West!. Good to see that GAC is not on the list, a Frozen Four member last year and lost 2 kids from last years team. They are gonna suck this year along with everybody else in the West.. What is it like to be so smart?
                  Ya sorry Webby, what was I thinkin. GAC was in FF last year and lost both games in their own barn by a combined score of 8 - 1.

Definitely top five material...
                  Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 07-30-2010, 10:15 AM. Reason: misspelled the most commonly mismpelled word

Comment

Ya sorry Webby, what was I thinkin. GAC was in FF last year and lost both games in their own barn by a combined score of 8 - 1.

Definitely top five material...
                    There ya go again, showing how smart your are. Please tell me what it is like?
                    Us folks out here in the west need all the help we can get. Like I said, GAC will suck, along with everybody out West. What year did the East invent the game?

Comment

Originally posted by webbyboy View Post
                      There ya go again, showing how smart your are. Please tell me what it is like?
                      Us folks out here in the west need all the help we can get. Like I said, GAC will suck, along with everybody out West. What year did the East invent the game?
                      OK fair enough...what are your top 5 picks Einstein?

The modern game was originally started by Colonel John Hockey in Windsor, Nova Scotia around 1847, so...that was the year that the East invented hockey.

Any other stupid questions?

Comment

OK fair enough...what are your top 5 picks Einstein?

The modern game was originally started by Colonel John Hockey in Windsor, Nova Scotia around 1847, so...that was the year that the East invented hockey.

Any other stupid questions?
                        Clears it up for me, now it explains why Superior is mentioned as a possible top 5, cause they have Canadiens on the team, which means they must be good because they come from the land where the game was invented. Picture is so clear now. Same criteria used for your top 5?

Let's wait till all D3 rosters are posted to see who is really there before start crowing top 5..

Who is Einstein?

Comment

Not to break-up all the love on this thread right now, but I haven't seen one mention of St. Kate's from the western folks. Was last year a fluke? Too much graduation? It was refreshing to see one of the really bottom teams make that big a run up the ladder. I was hoping it was a more than one year run...
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            Not to break-up all the love on this thread right now, but I haven't seen one mention of St. Kate's from the western folks. Was last year a fluke? Too much graduation? It was refreshing to see one of the really bottom teams make that big a run up the ladder. I was hoping it was a more than one year run...
                            I'm sure Gustavus would say it was a fluke, but UST, they should not be asked what it was because they were 0-2-1 vs the "Katies" last year.
                            St. Kate's graduated 1 senior last year - 13 points.

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                              I think people are afraid to put much stock in what teams like Kates and Lake Forest did last year, because of their past. St Kate has never strung two decent seasons together in a row. I'd love to see that change. I'd love for webby's Gusties to fall this year. I despise them as much as the pointers. St Kate was clearly the 2nd best team in the MIAC last year, which doesn't say much about best in the west. I think they could take Gustavus down this year but they have to figure out how to get the puck out of their zone and get shots on Klatt/Justice...which is what many teams struggle with against the Gusties.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

As a fan of the west I have to say that based on last year it would be hard to put a western team in the top 5. It is not because I feel that the east is so much better. However the west has not proven it can play it's best hockey when it matters. I saw quite a few east v west games last year and the western teams did not play all that well. Most of them can and do play better on a regular basis but did not in their matchups with the east. If we want respect we are going to have to earn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X