BG Hockey Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG Hockey Predictions

So how does everyone think BG will do under new coach Chris Bergeron in the 2010-11 season?

I am thinking that with the mess he has to clean up that a 500 season would be a good start.

Re: BG Hockey Predictions

Originally posted by BGSU96 View Post
    So how does everyone think BG will do under new coach Chris Bergeron in the 2010-11 season?

I am thinking that with the mess he has to clean up that a 500 season would be a good start.
    a .500 season is likely to get him coach of the year in the CCHA. Excellent choice for a coach but a long way to go to restore things.

Comment

I agree that a .500 season would get Bergeron CCHA COY.

Comment

Fire Comley

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          a .500 season is likely to get him the Spencer Penrose trophy. Excellent choice for a coach but a long way to go to restore things.
          There. That's better.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Miami was lucky to have Bergeron and so is BG. It might take a little time, but the program will get back. Most important is that I think you will like how BG will play under Berge. BG will play hard and be hard to play against. I'll be pulling for BG except for a few games every year.

Comment

Hey BGSU96, tell Berg to take it easy on my Buckeyes, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Hey BGSU96, tell Berg to take it easy on my Buckeyes, huh?
                I will see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by BGSU96 View Post
                  I will see what I can do.
                  Thanks, appreciate it.

Comment

I think .500 season is very reasonable for BG this season. Last season was a mess with the program just being saved from the university getting rid of hockey, coaching changes, players leaving, etc... With such a young team being thrown into the NCAA and an interim head coach, last years team did the best they could. Now the team is a little more mature and the freshmen this season look to be very talented. In addition there's already some top talent for 2011-12 lined up.

Bergeron is building the program using some of the things he and Enrico Blasi used to build Miami’s program into one of the elite programs in the NCAA. Bergeron plans to field a team and recruit players that are competitive two-way players and field a provide a good mix of speed, and skill, size and strength. Miami has quite a number of players from the growing hockey hotbeds in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and St. Louis and it sounds like BG recruiting will begin to go in that direction as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
                      I think .500 season is very reasonable for BG this season. Last season was a mess with the program just being saved from the university getting rid of hockey, coaching changes, players leaving, etc... With such a young team being thrown into the NCAA and an interim head coach, last years team did the best they could. Now the team is a little more mature and the freshmen this season look to be very talented. In addition there's already some top talent for 2011-12 lined up.

Bergeron is building the program using some of the things he and Enrico Blasi used to build Miami’s program into one of the elite programs in the NCAA. Bergeron plans to field a team and recruit players that are competitive two-way players and field a provide a good mix of speed, and skill, size and strength. Miami has quite a number of players from the growing hockey hotbeds in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, and St. Louis and it sounds like BG recruiting will begin to go in that direction as well.

I agree. I don't know what will happen this year (and I am not sure the final record is that important in the short run), but in the long run, BG will be interesting to follow and I expect them to be back. Good luck.

Comment

I appreciate all the positive comments, especially those from the redskinhawk (sorry, just remember you guys as the Redskins!) fans who have known Bergeron much longer than we have!!

My two cents: The record last year does not begin to tell the tale of that year. Not even close. As a long time Falcon Hockey fan, here is what I saw. I saw a young interim coach (whose tenacity as a player and coach was unriveled) who made Falcon Hockey fun to watch again! We saw a team that grew through the year. A team that went from "packing it in and just going through the motions" to a team that (by the end of the season), DID NOT GIVE UP OR DID NOT GIVE IN!!! A team that we started to believe could WIN games! The seniors, juniors, and sophmore players on this team had a lot of "unlearning" to do and it took awhile. I honestly feel that Dennis Williams set this team on the right path. A path that Bergeron will take and run with!! There a ton of things that Willy did that got this team going in the right direction, much of which most people don't see. His expectations raised the bar and with Bergeron coming in, it will only get better and better! I've spent time talking with Bergeron and am very sure that Falcon Hockey's future is nothing but bright!!!
                        #RelentlessFalconHockey
                        #NeverGiveUp
                        #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
                        Falcons Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Fanatic View Post
                          I appreciate all the positive comments, especially those from the redskinhawk (sorry, just remember you guys as the Redskins!) fans who have known Bergeron much longer than we have!!

My two cents: The record last year does not begin to tell the tale of that year. Not even close. As a long time Falcon Hockey fan, here is what I saw. I saw a young interim coach (whose tenacity as a player and coach was unriveled) who made Falcon Hockey fun to watch again! We saw a team that grew through the year. A team that went from "packing it in and just going through the motions" to a team that (by the end of the season), DID NOT GIVE UP OR DID NOT GIVE IN!!! A team that we started to believe could WIN games! The seniors, juniors, and sophmore players on this team had a lot of "unlearning" to do and it took awhile. I honestly feel that Dennis Williams set this team on the right path. A path that Bergeron will take and run with!! There a ton of things that Willy did that got this team going in the right direction, much of which most people don't see. His expectations raised the bar and with Bergeron coming in, it will only get better and better! I've spent time talking with Bergeron and am very sure that Falcon Hockey's future is nothing but bright!!!
                          I totally agree. Williams' record doesn't give justice to what he did to turn around the BG hockey program. Another thing to credit Williams for-is most of the recruits coming in are from Williams. He got us some quality guys that not only have skill potential but also a positive and competitive attitude, guys that fit into the same ideals of what Bergeron is looking for and expects of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Fanatic View Post

Having attended some of the late season games last year, I definitely agree with that assessment and I am guessing bgsu96 does, too. BG had some nice wins down the stretch. I will be sporting my Orange & Brown next season at the BGSU Ice Arena (except when BG plays my alma mater, Ohio State, of course)!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              ... BG had some nice wins down the stretch. ...
                              There were only three wins from January 1 on. The win at Michigan was a good one, but that was November.

After the loss to US NTDP I figured we wouldn't win a game until January, so I was pleasantly surprised with the wins over Alaska and Michigan. What I liked about the team last season compared to recent, previous seasons was the effort. There were fewer games in which the guys looked listless and out of it. If they're working hard, I accept a loss.

The season will be tough. We need more goals; the freshman will have ample opportunity to show their stuff. On defense we need excellent goaltending or shutdown defensemen (or both, of course). Masters and then Sigalet saved our butts many times, and we haven't had that caliber of goaltending since then.

I'll be happy with effort every game and seven wins.
                              Go Falcons!

Comment

Working...
                              X