• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Paint Store Diaries: Michigan Tech Offseason Part III

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    From the Joker Cup thread on IHF:

Uhm, thats laughable that anyone would call Miami-OH a powerhouse
    They are building a dynasty though!
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

From the Joker Cup thread on IHF:

Uhm, thats laughable that anyone would call Miami-OH a powerhouse
      I would give an NCAA team ranked among the nation's Top 5 an outside shot to go 3-0 in that tourney, though I still think Augsburger would've manned up and won it.

I know Miami hasn't gone all the way yet, but they're still a quality team and Blasi is still a young coach.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I would give an NCAA team ranked among the nation's Top 5 an outside shot to go 3-0 in that tourney, though I still think Augsburger would've manned up and won it.

I know Miami hasn't gone all the way yet, but they're still a quality team and Blasi is still a young coach.
        of course they are building a quality program there, but until they win, they aren't a powerhouse...see dirty's post
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

of course they are building a quality program there, but until they win, they aren't a powerhouse...see dirty's post
          it's the equivalent of calling Notre Dame a powerhouse
          Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
            it's the equivalent of calling Notre Dame a powerhouse
            or anyone in the CCHA
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Comment

nice win for Tech!! hopefully this is building some confidence for the team.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Today is the Huskies' fifth game in six days, so I don't expect them to have much left in the tank against Klagenfurt.

I think no matter what happens today, getting a couple of wins against professional teams is a confidence boost for the season, and a very good experience for MTU.

I think the Huskies have opened some European eyes about how strong our game is at the collegiate level...

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                    Today is the Huskies' fifth game in six days, so I don't expect them to have much left in the tank against Klagenfurt.
                    Yeah, I may do a spit-take if we go 3-2 over there. In the end though, I like how more than two guys have been contributing to the scoresheet. Ultimately, assuming we can get the PK cleaned up this year and get our goaltending on track, it is some semblance of an offense that will be the next step in making us competitive within the WCHA.

Comment

Our goal tending needs to not only be on track, it also needs to be consistent

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                        Our goal tending needs to not only be on track, it also needs to be consistent
                        That's what I meant. We know they are capable of doing the job, but they will have to do it almost every weekend.

The rest of the team taking fewer penalties this year would help them out too.

Comment

I am still confused about what it means when the first number in the team's record is the same as the second number. It is such a foreign concept in Tech fandom.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I am still confused about what it means when the first number in the team's record is the same as the second number. It is such a foreign concept in Tech fandom.
                            What'll really blow your mind is if the first number is larger than the second number.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                              What'll really blow your mind is if the first number is larger than the second number.
                              Let's not get ahead of ourselves...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                                That would be like........rooting for the Twins!!!!! Awesome!!!!
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X