Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Preseason Poll: 2010-2011

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Yale loses some key players, but they also return the likes of Little, O'Neill, Kearney and Miller.
    They need a #1 goaltender.
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

BU's borderline top 16, but I don't see how someone can have UVM that high without also having BU up there. I don't see UVM being ranked that high or finishing that high.

As for RPI and Yale, I'd have both of them in the top 16, too. As Flag pointed out, RPI returns a lot, and you'd be remiss not to include Pirri in that "impact" group with Polacek and D'Amigo. Yale loses some key players, but they also return the likes of Little, O'Neill, Kearney and Miller.
      you're playing close to the vest if the three hot shot freshmen are as advertised and contribute early, i think they will be a lot higher than that as the season progresses

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
        They need a #1 goaltender.
        Did just fine without one last year.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
          They need a goaltender.
          FYP. No wonder we whupped them both times.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            I'm guessing that one reason has to do with our performance against last year's tournament teams (4-1-2). Add to that that aside from Paul Kerins who graduated (who really came out of his shell last year), all of the big names (Polacek, D'Amigo, Pirri, York (ask Michigan who he is ) ) are coming back, and some pretty good freshman and transfer defensemen, not to mention a few key players here and there.
            More to that is the fact that they have a legit coaching staff that rivals one of the 10 best in the country.

Did just fine without one last year.
            What do you consider Fine? Relying on out scoing the other teams? Goaltending wins in the post season and they found that out the hard way. Until they get a legit top flight goaltender they won't take the next step. Out scoring teams will get you to the tourny but not past the first round like they found out the last two years.
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
              More to that is the fact that they have a legit coaching staff that rivals one of the 10 best in the country.

What do you consider Fine? Relying on out scoing the other teams? Goaltending wins in the post season and they found that out the hard way. Until they get a legit top flight goaltender they won't take the next step. Out scoring teams will get you to the tourny but not past the first round like they found out the last two years.
              Last I checked, this thread was about the top 16- the teams getting to the tournament. Where did I say Yale was gonna get to the Frozen Four (which would be the next step for them)?

PS- I'd say winning the conference and getting to a regional final qualifies as "fine."
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

They beat North Dakota last year in the first round, if you're referring to Yale.

Comment

You are absolutely 100% correct about this one. Take a look at the left side of my posts. We are very proud of him and his staff, despite what some of the wackos on here and in other RPI forums might say.

We tried to explain that to them with our only shutout of the season and a convincing Black Friday win that no one expected from us... maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                    They beat North Dakota last year in the first round, if you're referring to Yale.
                    A team without a true goaltender that beat an extremely shaky one. I know Eidsness is a Sabres draft pick and was 2nd team all WCHA but watching him over the last two years I find him extremely beatable and sometimes not all there, but when he plays at the top of his game he can be very good. I remember several times in the Yale game he seemed to almost slide away from the puck and he seemed quite uninterested.
                    Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                      Your right, forgot about their first round matchup.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Yeah, I could take out Wisconsin and put Notre Dame in there. I do think Minnesota will be there, though.
                        You don't follow the WCHA do you.Lucky Minnesota gets home ice for the WCHA playoffs.The Sioux and SCSU are the teams to beat.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                          You don't follow the WCHA do you.Lucky Minnesota gets home ice for the WCHA playoffs.The Sioux and SCSU are the teams to beat.
                          I follow it from a distance. Obviously I don't know as much about the WCHA as people who follow the teams. I live in Boston. I'm lucky if I get to see one or two WCHA teams per season. Also, I never said UND and SCSU weren't the teams to beat. Clearly they are. The debate was over the 5th and 6th spots, not the 1st and 2nd spots. Plus, when it comes to predictions, does it even really matter if you're an expert or not? No one ever gets all their predictions right.

Comment

I follow it from a distance. Obviously I don't know as much about the WCHA as people who follow the teams. I live in Boston. I'm lucky if I get to see one or two WCHA teams per season. Also, I never said UND and SCSU weren't the teams to beat. Clearly they are. The debate was over the 5th and 6th spots, not the 1st and 2nd spots. Plus, when it comes to predictions, does it even really matter if you're an expert or not? No one ever gets all their predictions right.
                            I gotchya.Now going back and reading your original post more carefully I see you had them in alphabetical order.Sorry about that. Oh and I suck at preseason predictions that is why I try not to make them anymore.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

There is no way BU(“Community College at IV league prices” - Dartmouth College News) with one of the worse off-seasons in Hockey East History, is Going to finish above Maine. HE: Maine #2 BU #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                                IV league
                                You're a smart one, eh?

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                                is Going to finish above Maine.
                                No one said they would.

Comment

Working...
                                X