Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego to play GMHL Jr. A Rattlers?

http://gmhl.net/article.php?article_id=54431

Interesting Oswego would want to play a team from a renegade Jr. A league...Id be pretty worried about some of those kids from Canada gooning it up

Also pretty funny that no player on the Rattlers would ever even make the Oswego team...

weird if you ask me

Re: Oswego to play GMHL Jr. A Rattlers?

Ah no worries, the Bears played against them a few years ago in an exhibition. They were an All Star team from that league, real polite kids and coaching staff. I don't recall any goonery.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

GMHL for lack of better word is a "Bush" league.

Comment

I just think it is more amusing that the GMHL is using it to promote that Oswego may take some players from that team

The GMHL is a pathetic league.

Maybe oswego is getting a cut of the money since the Rattlers are paying for it.

Comment

Elmira played the GMJHL All-Stars, and won 3-0, to kick off their 07-08 campaign. That's the year they started up their regular season by taking the Championship Belt from 2007 National Champions Oswego, and didn't relinquish it (i.e. didn't lose a game) until February! (and then lost in Lake Placid to Plattsburgh in the Semis).

Maybe Oswego is looking to see if playing a GMJHL team can give them a little extra luck? 'Cuz we all know they're gonna need it to do anything this year
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Elmira's leading scorer last year is from that league...
            Oswego State '00
            SUNYAC Champs 80, 81, 82, 84, 89, 91, 03
            1987 + 2003 NCAA Runners-up

Clarkson Hockey
            ECACHL Champs 1966, 1991, 1993, 1999
            1962, 1966, 1970 NCAA Runners-up

Comment

Originally posted by WNYHOCKEY66 View Post
              I just think it is more amusing that the GMHL is using it to promote that Oswego may take some players from that team

The GMHL is a pathetic league.

Maybe oswego is getting a cut of the money since the Rattlers are paying for it.
              There was this 2007 game written up by Ryan Maloney, which Oswego lost with a pathetic player getting an assist on the game winning goal
              Last edited by norm1909; 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM. Reason: Updated Maloney link
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                Elmira played the GMJHL All-Stars, and won 3-0, to kick off their 07-08 campaign. That's the year they started up their regular season by taking the Championship Belt from 2007 National Champions Oswego, and didn't relinquish it (i.e. didn't lose a game) until February! (and then lost in Lake Placid to Plattsburgh in the Semis).

Maybe Oswego is looking to see if playing a GMJHL team can give them a little extra luck? 'Cuz we all know they're gonna need it to do anything this year
                Beating Elmira is always a welcome late b-day present for me.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Norm1909 do you know the player you call pathetic? Do you want to let us in on the joke? I am certain that the player you call pathetic would be ****ed, insulted and otherwise not happy with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by reggiedunlop View Post
                    Norm1909 do you know the player you call pathetic? Do you want to let us in on the joke? I am certain that the player you call pathetic would be ****ed, insulted and otherwise not happy with your post.
                    Though I'm far from a norm defender, you might want to look at his quoted text in which a previous poster called the league "pathetic." I'm pretty sure that norm's use of the word "pathetic" was satirical, especially given the fact that the stats he linked to are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
                      Though I'm far from a norm defender, you might want to look at his quoted text in which a previous poster called the league "pathetic." I'm pretty sure that norm's use of the word "pathetic" was satirical, especially given the fact that the stats he linked to are pretty good.
                      Yes, my use of "Pathetic" was satirical. The GMHL may not be best league, but I see NO cause for calling them pathetic.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Point Taken.
                        I live in Rochester, NY and have not seen the league But have been following the league for a bit. I think the leagues top teams would be on par with a lot of Tier 3 Jr. leagues in the states. But I dont think the parity of the league is on par with most or any Jr. A leagues.

Pathetic was a bit strong. Bradford, Elliot Lakes, Muskoka all look like good teams and well run. Then again, it seems those are the teams moving players and promoting them to NCAA. So I guess the proof is in the pudding there.

Comment

OK, as a resident of the Town of Bradford and a supporter of DIII Hockey for a long time, the Rattlers are not that bad of a team. The GMHL is considered an outlaw league up here because they don't want to conform to the way of Hockey Canada and Ontario Hockey League. Most of their players are between 16-20, who are looking to get either a scholarship to DI schools and/or be recruited to play DII or DIII.

I have been away for a bit, working hard, but if you need answers about this league, I can help you.

Love my EC Team!!
                          2006-2007 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 2008-2009 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 1st Double Winner
                          BigTime Elmira College Supporter 2000-2014

Comment

Then you should know Monroe Community College destroyed some team called Brock in the league last year and they are no better than a jr. b team, they won't even play Maxysmum or Syracuse Stars Jr. B because they know they would get stomped. League is terrible and I would have to imagine that Oswego State which I believe is officially able to start practicing on Oct. 15th is using the game to make decisions on a few players since they recruited another good group of guys that will be competing for playing time. Although it looks like Castleton and Utica will have two teams competing against each other to just be on the team. It appears to be some fierce competition coming between returning players and new recruits at Castleton and Utica with the amount of recruits entering the school. Good Luck to those trying out for those programs.

Originally posted by WNYHOCKEY66 View Post
                            Point Taken.
                            I live in Rochester, NY and have not seen the league But have been following the league for a bit. I think the leagues top teams would be on par with a lot of Tier 3 Jr. leagues in the states. But I dont think the parity of the league is on par with most or any Jr. A leagues.

Pathetic was a bit strong. Bradford, Elliot Lakes, Muskoka all look like good teams and well run. Then again, it seems those are the teams moving players and promoting them to NCAA. So I guess the proof is in the pudding there.

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
                              Then you should know Monroe Community College destroyed some team called Brock in the league last year and they are no better than a jr. b team, they won't even play Maxysmum or Syracuse Stars Jr. B because they know they would get stomped. League is terrible and I would have to imagine that Oswego State which I believe is officially able to start practicing on Oct. 15th is using the game to make decisions on a few players since they recruited another good group of guys that will be competing for playing time. Although it looks like Castleton and Utica will have two teams competing against each other to just be on the team. It appears to be some fierce competition coming between returning players and new recruits at Castleton and Utica with the amount of recruits entering the school. Good Luck to those trying out for those programs.
                              Brock is one of the lower teams in the league. Cooper, league is not that bad. The top teams, Innisfil, Bradford, Elliot Lake and Muskoka are comparable, the others aren't that great. Do you have this opinion because you have seen the games or you have heard from others. Are you still in Ontario?
                              2006-2007 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 2008-2009 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 1st Double Winner
                              BigTime Elmira College Supporter 2000-2014

Comment

Working...
                              X