X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four 2013, Pittsburgh, 2014, Philadelphia

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...hiain2014.html

Re: Frozen Four 2013, Pittsburgh, 2014, Philadelphia

The Boston Herald must have had a bad source when they said it would be Boston about a month ago. Most Boston fans won't be too disappointed as both cities are within a days drive. The East was due for a couple more as well. Looks like they really want to spread this event around now instead of going back to the same old places. That will be good for College Hockey.

Comment

Sweet. Both are car rides from Providence. Philly is a craphole, though. I wish they put it back in D.C. Pittsburgh will be fun.
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

I'm so excited to have the Frozen Four in Pittsburgh while I'm still living there!
        Last edited by PiosAvsFan; 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM.
        GO AVS!!!

.\ \
        ..\ \
        ...\ \ _____ GO DU!!!
        ....\_////////)

Comment

Excellent choices both, especially the new building in Pittsburgh.

I love St. Paul, Boston, and Detroit as classic college hockey meccas, but it's good to get the variation.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Love the Pittsburgh choice. Would've preferred Boston or Washington over Philly, but I don't hate the choice.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
              Love the Pittsburgh choice. Would've preferred Boston or Washington over Philly, but I don't hate the choice.
              Philly will get much more local interest than was in Washington. As a local, I'll admit the scenery isn't as nice as D.C., but I think it'll be great. Pittsburgh has a new facility, that should be awesome as well.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Can't complain as a new Englander

not great destinations in early April but also both short flight from my airport = convenient

I hope my team is there.....

Comment

From a purely selfish standpoint, it's nice to see two sites I don't have to fly to following three in a row that I did/do.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    Sweet. Both are car rides from Providence. Philly is a craphole, though. I wish they put it back in D.C. Pittsburgh will be fun.
                    There's plenty to do in Philly for the 3-4 days that people are in town for the FF.

I'm surprised they decided to put 2 in the same state back to back, but both should be a good time. Decent cities with enough to entertain for a few days. Plenty of places to stay and decent airports to fly into (though Philly is a disaster to fly out of).

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      There's plenty to do in Philly for the 3-4 days that people are in town for the FF.

I'm surprised they decided to put 2 in the same state back to back, but both should be a good time. Decent cities with enough to entertain for a few days. Plenty of places to stay and decent airports to fly into (though Philly is a disaster to fly out of).
                      Yeah, Center City is neat. Geno's for steaks is good too. South Street is pretty neat too. Lots of history in the city.

Comment

Great choices. A little sad not to see Milwaukee in the mix again, but our time will come again. Hooray for cheesesteaks!
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You actually don't need to fly into Philly. You could always fly into Newark, BWI, or AC and take Amtrak from the airport right into Philly. Both are pretty short train rides away.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            The Boston Herald must have had a bad source when they said it would be Boston about a month ago. Most Boston fans won't be too disappointed as both cities are within a days drive. The East was due for a couple more as well. Looks like they really want to spread this event around now instead of going back to the same old places. That will be good for College Hockey.
                            Are you sure that eastern fans won't riot because it's too far from Boston?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

God forbid we have another one west of the Mississippi. Guess I'll have to wait another 20 years for it to come back to Denver.
                              Kansas City would be fine, too!
                              2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
                              2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
                              Air Force Falcons
                              2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
                              2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
                              2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
                              2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
                              2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

Working...
                              X